Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bird Fright!
735 17 2020-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Beeworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 190259 ft
Australia

Not sure who got the bigger fright - the Magpie or I!  Landed promptly after that scare.
Have you had any close encounters you want to share?

IMG_1077.PNG
2020-9-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ooooops.
That was close.
2020-9-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very close - great capture
2020-9-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice shot.
2020-9-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

That is to close for comfort
2020-9-15
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Wow!  Great capture...
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Beeworld. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this interesting photo with us. Just a reminder that birds are part of our environment and I'm sure they're not familiar to the drones that is why they react aggressively when they notice one. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2020-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Some birds like to attack drones,   sometimes if they have young ones nearby it will trigger it.  Here in the UK seagulls can be a real problem.
2020-9-16
Use props
Planner68
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Yikes.......That was close
2020-9-16
Use props
BrianKushner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had  Peregrine Falcon come at me one time passing under a bridge. I found out it lives on the bridge. Never came out again.. Other then that never much issue and I fly around birds and water 95% of the time...
2020-9-16
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

I like how the magpie's like, 'Easy there, just dropping in for a quick selfie lol, brilliant capture though, i bet your heart was literally in your mouth.
2020-9-20
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-15 19:13
Hello there Beeworld. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this interesting photo with us. Just a reminder that birds are part of our environment and I'm sure they're not familiar to the drones that is why they react aggressively when they notice one. Thank you and please fly safe always.

Thanks Stephen. Magpies are certainly not intimidated - the Alpine White colour scheme probably doesn't help! I'm now very 'bird aware', and land immediately if birds start taking too much of an interest in my flying! Lorikeets can also be problematic - stunning to look at, but they will chase a drone as a flock! Cheers, DB
2020-9-21
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Australia

BrianKushner Posted at 9-16 11:32
I had  Peregrine Falcon come at me one time passing under a bridge. I found out it lives on the bridge. Never came out again.. Other then that never much issue and I fly around birds and water 95% of the time...[view_image]

Wow - fabulous shot! Yeah, Peregrines are apex predators - best to keep your distance! Thanks for sharing.
2020-9-21
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Australia

mark117h Posted at 9-20 01:45
I like how the magpie's like, 'Easy there, just dropping in for a quick selfie lol, brilliant capture though, i bet your heart was literally in your mouth.

I was literally shaking - as was the magpie I imagine! The bird was unharmed.
2020-9-21
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Beeworld Posted at 9-21 04:45
I was literally shaking - as was the magpie I imagine! The bird was unharmed.

Hi Beeworld.
I had a bit of an encounter yesterday about 35 minutes before sundown here in the UK with a Kestrel, It was quite a moment at the time, the kestrel though was hovering at the time looking for food so i tried to get a few shots but wasn't close enough to get a decent shot of it, it did show a bit of interest with the Mavic Mini so i backed off away from it so she could carry on hunting, still, it was an adrenaline pumping experience to say the least.
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Beeworld Posted at 9-21 04:43
Thanks Stephen. Magpies are certainly not intimidated - the Alpine White colour scheme probably doesn't help! I'm now very 'bird aware', and land immediately if birds start taking too much of an interest in my flying! Lorikeets can also be problematic - stunning to look at, but they will chase a drone as a flock! Cheers, DB

Hi there Beeworld. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-22
Use props
Beeworld
lvl.4
Australia

mark117h Posted at 9-21 07:31
Hi Beeworld.
I had a bit of an encounter yesterday about 35 minutes before sundown here in the UK with a Kestrel, It was quite a moment at the time, the kestrel though was hovering at the time looking for food so i tried to get a few shots but wasn't close enough to get a decent shot of it, it did show a bit of interest with the Mavic Mini so i backed off away from it so she could carry on hunting, still, it was an adrenaline pumping experience to say the least.

It's Spring in Melbourne so magpies and other birds are nesting and hyper aggressive - I'm avoiding flying at dusk as well as avoiding trees more than usual!
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Very close, but nice and unique
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules