DJI OM4 Live Stream FB and comment proposal
18900 63 2020-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
El_Guap0
New

United States

This would be so helpful (Zoom for me).  I can't believe they are passing up this HUGE market (using the gimble for streaming) given the Pandemic and the longer term trends on mobile working.  Heck, I would even pay for a software upgrade to get this functionality.  
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

Hi all,
I still want DJI to fix this on their end, but there is one way to livestream on Zoom if you have an iphone and a Mac. Step 1: Start your Mimo App in the camera mode. Step 2: Start your Zoom meeting. Step 3: In Zoom, click on Share Screen and click on Iphone/Ipad via Airplay. Step 4: Swipe down from the upper right on your Iphone and click Screen Mirroring, then choose the Zoom option. Step 5: Hopefully success. If Airplay didnt connect, you might need to eithe restart your Mac or Iphone.

This has worked for me. It's not ideal because it shows all of the various menu options and the green box around your face. But it does work.

Hope this helps until DJI gets its act together and does what customers were expecting when they bought its product!
2021-3-27
Use props
Cacco73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1847559 ft
Italy

Hello Dji team, I just got the om 4 as a gift, my first gimbal ever... I'm amazed about all the features that this gimbal has... But yes, on behalf of the other users here, I wonder if there will be, in a close future, the chance to have the active track on social's live streaming implemented in the next update. As a fitness instructor working from home due to covid emergency, this feature would be an absolute blast that will give to fitness workout the right prospective and impact. Keep up with the great job you guys are doing. Looking forward to have good news from dji. Sincerely
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_qkY70fJHhbUH
lvl.1
United States

btw, you can then put this on Facebook Live or Youtube by doing a share screen of the window that is showing up on your Mac (I just tried this on Facebook live and it worked).
2021-3-27
Use props
djiuser_gbHO26U17Gmo
New
Switzerland

Im an other user who upgrade his Osmo mobile 2 and is really disapointed to not be able to stream via RTMP as i used to do (as a teacher). Please reintroduce this feature because my Osmo Mobile is now unless.
2021-3-29
Use props
djiuser_QVbxSicPEq6L
New

United States

djiuser_XsO5WxfmiRWX Posted at 2020-10-11 09:50
Being able to use this beast with social media platforms would be the biggest game changer imo. You would instantly open up to an even bigger market! I really hope DJI is working on this update!
ABSOLUTELY. I was going to purchase 1 now & another at a later date but decided not to due to this reason. I livestream music performances on Twitch, FB using OBS & Streamlabs mobile. There is a HUGE  crowd that equals HUGE sales opportunity if this was available. Having the camera zoom & follow is a must. Hopefully this gets prioritized & implimented right away. I will purchase 1 to 2 when/if it does. Thank you
2021-4-18
Use props
djiuser_QVbxSicPEq6L
New

United States

Ranini Posted at 2020-9-16 22:27
Oh this is sad because for me the more important feature was the face tracking option which make the gimbal rotate and follow you every where you move during live.

Do you think that next dji firmware update and app update we can get those feature with the om4?

ABSOLUTELY. I was going to purchase 1 now & another at a later date but decided not to due to this reason. I livestream music performances on Twitch, FB using OBS & Streamlabs mobile. There is a HUGE  crowd that equals HUGE sales opportunity if this was available. Having the camera zoom & follow is a must. Hopefully this gets prioritized & implimented right away. I will purchase 1 to 2 when/if it does. Thank you
2021-4-18
Use props
CamTourGuide
New

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2020-9-15 02:12
Hi Ranini, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo app. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.

Hi! I have been using the DJI OM4 for livestreaming walking tours. I understand that the OM4 only offers stabilisation and that all the other features can't be used. But I use Zoom to Livestream and some features get really clunky. For example, the normal camera zoom sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. Today the view I was getting was mirrored, so everything was reversed for me. Is there any way of using the OM4 as a stablizer, while contenting to use the basic features of the phone such as zoom?

Best wishes
Chris
Cambridge Tour Guides
2021-4-20
Use props
JeepDrone
New
Flight distance : 22464 ft
United States

Another vote to allow livestream through the Mimo App!!
2021-4-28
Use props
stolen willow
New

United States

100% want this ability added also
2021-5-6
Use props
garethg13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12018 ft
United States

Hi Ranini, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo app. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.

Hello DJI - I'll add another vote for encouraging the dev team to prioritize live-streaming integration with the obvious/big-name platforms (Instagram, FaceTime, YouTube, Facebook... and I'm sure there's GOBS of Twitchers who'd also back this idea up)!!  

Please escalate this with the OM4 dev team - livestream would elevate my work and potential additional use exponentially!! (multimedia for the coolest tech co, and several personal photo/video projects)

Thank you g./ATX

iPhone 12 Pro
MacBook Pro 16"
OM4
Mavic Air 2
on-air podcast host, production manager
Toyota Tacoma vlog/blog
underwater photog/video
GoPro Hero 8

2021-5-7
Use props
Pastor Ted
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1359642 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi Ranini, DJI OM4 currently does not support live streaming. But as a stabilization gimbal, DJI OM4 can still provide basic gimbal stabilization for the device when it is not connected to the DJI Mimo app. You can turn on your live broadcast software after setting up your mobile phone and use the stabilization function of the gimbal. Thanks.

I wanted DJI to add this livestream features. Its a shame that quality gimbal like OM4 can not be use for livestreaming.
2021-5-16
Use props
KennyRoberts
lvl.1

United States

I would think that this would be a top reason to have the OM4.  Come on, give us livestreaming!
2021-7-8
Use props
djiuser_5D5laCBrfVgy
New

Italy

Chiedo anche io l'implementazione della funzione live streaming per OM4. Grazie
2021-7-9
Use props
simasfotografo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27346 ft
Brazil

Please do add LiveStream functionality.
2021-7-12
Use props
Dougo
New

Sweden

It's 2021 and no sign of fixing this. Feels like DJI wants us to buy their upcoming OM5 with live Streaming... DJI don't do that. DON'T DO THAT. If a product manager even considered this. Fire them now.

Just update the app, you have the live streaming functionality in your other apps. Port it over, job done, grab a beer. Everyone is happy. You sell more OM4. I don't see the issue and I'm sure all the others that decided to pay good money on the device would think so too.

The only issue I think it could be that they outsource their app development to a 3rd party and each feature costs them. If they do this, they need to rethink their app strategy.

To sum up. It's 2021. Streaming is life. OM4 needs this. You need this. We need this.
2021-8-10
Use props
mhcrowder
New
United States

I just received my OM4 and was surprised that Live Streaming wasn't possible with the DJI Software.  I'd like to also request this proposal be raised to a higher level with the DJI Programmers.
2021-8-12
Use props
b1ackpanda1
New

United States

I also vote for adding ability to use active track while live streaming on Facebook, Zoom, YouTube etc. Not buying anymore DJI products till this is possible. Looking at other options.
2021-11-12
Use props
MiamiC70
lvl.3
United States

DJI will not do this. First, they don’t have any F*cks to give and want you to by the garbage OM5. Second, their Mimo app demonstrates that they are employing subpar developers. I guess the top tier Chinese developers go work for the state as hackers.
2021-11-14
Use props
Music-Tuto-Vidéo
New

France

I am very interested in a system which would allow to transmit the image live with active track and to recover the live signal in wifi on another iphone or on an internet browser with a link, or wired with the lightening output and an adapter HDMI. it is apparently a function which was available on the osmomobile! most of us will never put the necessary budget (around $ 2,500) for a DSLR with lens and a ronin to achieve this ...
  it is more detrimental for DJI in the short term not to be al "listening to these customers or future customers or worse, not to respond on this forum dedicated to all vloggers and many amateurs, than to take the time to respond precisely on the progress of this request, we just have to wait for this function to be developed by the competition or by independent and ingenious developers!
Up to you
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_RbpKkZqWSoJn
New

Philippines

Hopefully livestreaming to Facebook, youtube, tiktok and other social media will be available on DJI OM4  the Soonest as Possible. Looking forward for the Update.
2022-2-26
Use props
djiuser_jhYUN8C5KPgu
New

Germany

Me too, but I'm wondering why no Support Mod is answering to any comment for a so Long time?
The After Sale Support seems to be have no priority for Dji.
Perhaps, I'm thinking about to create a revue post in my YT and Twitter Channel and make it public to my communitys to inform them about this customer priority and that they Think about to buy a product from a diffrent Company as Dji!
Kind regards
2022-3-22
Use props
djiuser_UM1M5rNoCyhu
New

Denmark

I find the gimbal DJI app useless and better apps if to be found out there.

I need the streaming function to and the only reason i bout the daam thing..
2022-6-14
Use props
woody188
New

United States

2022, DJI MIMO still doesn't live stream. I think DJI probably wants to launch their own streaming service. That's the only reason they could possibly have for ignoring this issue for so long. I think I'm going to return my gimbal. I don't like incomplete products.
2022-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules