625 4 2020-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

Hello gents,

It seems that I have found a bug on the 1.1.8 version of the Fly app when running on Android 7.

So, I had 1.1.6 on my Huawey Mate 8 tablet running Android 7, no issues all good. Upgraded to 1.1.8 and suddendly no more live video feed when in "video" mode. But I had live video feed when in "photo" mode. Strange. Tried on my mobile (same 1.1.8 app) wich is on Android 9. All good, live feed on both video & photo mode.
Back to the tablet, did the ususal restart, app re-install, still the same problem.

Only reverting to the previous 1.1.6 version solved the problem. So in my mind is a problem related to the v 1.1.8 version of the fly app.

Video file - showing the issue, sorry for the quality was late at night.

Cheers
2020-9-15
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Maybe veraion 1.1.8 is Android 11 combartible and something mulfunctions in Android 7
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the the Huawei Mate 8 tablet is not listed as a recommended mobile device. This device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during use. Rest assured the our DJI R&D are continuously sending out updates to improve user experience. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
Paultbg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131204 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-16 06:31
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Upon checking the the Huawei Mate 8 tablet is not listed as a recommended mobile device. This device may work but we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said mobile device during use. Rest assured the our DJI R&D are continuously sending out updates to improve user experience. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Hello

It's not the tablet, it's the 1.1.8 fly app that caused an issue with Android 7.
Once returned to the 1.1.6 version, the same tablet is working well again, no issues.
Maybe you want to pass the info to your developers, they broke something in the 1.1.8 version

Regards
2020-9-16
Use props
vg1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

I have the same on android 7, version 1.1.6 works ok and version 1.1.8 breaks the preview image
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules