How many cycles of battery is considered a good one?
9560 9 2020-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2562467 ft
Brazil

Hello guys! I have two batteries, maybe 75 cycles each one. I try to storage correctly after a fly, not charging them hot. The battery can be a lottery, but how many cycles you can consider that is a good battery? 150, 200 cycles?

See you soon.
2020-9-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I have my original that came with my Phantom 3 SE WITH 150 cycles , util life is 35 % or less  , but i did not use it anymore , by precaution
2020-9-15
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

Cool. Yeah, it's a good idea always check the cells voltage, if they are balanced, or even a little difference 0.01V. And storage at a good place.
2020-9-15
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Mine is totally balanced after 150 cycles but voltage is not reliable IMO
2020-9-15
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

JetSam Posted at 9-15 09:53
Mine is totally balanced after 150 cycles but voltage is not reliable IMO

Yeah, the autonomy is not the same as a new one. The same 100% battery charged will have deliver less minutes of flight.
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day allyssongemelli. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The charge circle is 300 times under normal circumstances and 200 times under 40-degree centigrade. The battery can still be used if the charge cycle is more than 200 times. The battery's warranty period is 6 months and the Charge Cycle less than 200 times. Actually, the battery life span of your unit, regardless if it's the intelligent flight battery would depend on how you will take care of it. In addition I will post a link where in you can fine the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y+Guidelines+En.pdf ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-9-15
Use props
allyssongemelli
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-15 20:01
Hello and good day allyssongemelli. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The charge circle is 300 times under normal circumstances and 200 times under 40-degree centigrade. The battery can still be used if the charge cycle is more than 200 times. The battery's warranty period is 6 months and the Charge Cycle less than 200 times. Actually, the battery life span of your unit, regardless if it's the intelligent flight battery would depend on how you will take care of it. In addition I will post a link where in you can fine the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf ). Thank you and fly safe always.

Cool DJI Stephen, thanks for reply. Good to know, a great reach is 200 cycles. Thanks
2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there allyssongemelli.  You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiries with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-17
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Stephen Hello , i used the original battery of my Phantom 3 SE about 155 times , util life is about 40%, do you really think this is reliable to use it ?

PD : cells are totally balanced
2020-9-18
Use props
fans8f5433e3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 121923 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-9-15 20:01
Hello and good day allyssongemelli. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. The charge circle is 300 times under normal circumstances and 200 times under 40-degree centigrade. The battery can still be used if the charge cycle is more than 200 times. The battery's warranty period is 6 months and the Charge Cycle less than 200 times. Actually, the battery life span of your unit, regardless if it's the intelligent flight battery would depend on how you will take care of it. In addition I will post a link where in you can fine the DJI Intelligent Flight Battery Safety Guidelines ( https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_4_pro/20170125/flight+battery+safety+guidelines/Phantom+4+Series+Intelligent+Flight+Battery+Safety+Guidelines+En.pdf ). Thank you and fly safe always.

Hi.  I’m confused by your answer.  You say “Normal is 300 charge cycles”.  “But if the temperature is under 40c (104F) then you only get 200 cycles”. That doesn’t make sense to me.    What is the “normal” temp so that I can get 300 charge cycles?
2022-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules