DJI RE Goggles with FPV Unit
591 4 2020-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MURPHB
lvl.1
United States

Newbie :-) I have bought a Drone with the FPV air Units (NON Ocusync) and I wondered if its possible to pair my RE Googles (I have them for my Mavic 2 Pro) to that unit ? is it possible, if so whats the trick in the settings / goggles. Any help appreciated
2020-9-15
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

it is not possible they are separate systems
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MURPHB. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. As Kreeze posted on post #2. I am sorry to say that the DJI FPV is not compatible with other DJI Drone. Thank you.

2020-9-15
Use props
MURPHB
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the insights ... let me clarify even though the answer maybe the same. ts not the compatibility with other drones per se .... the RE Goggles has the ability to connect on 2.4 and 5.8 to digital drones ana analoge as a menu selection. I thought that maybe the FPV air unit as it also operates on 5.8 would potentially be able to connect to that .... not trying to use OCuSync as I know that is only on some of the DJI drones ... but trying to connect the DJI RE Goggles via 5.8 to the air unit .... so that was why I asked the question was based on the specification of the FPV Unit and RE Goggles ... hope that clarifies even if the answer is still no
2020-9-16
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

The 2.4 and the 5.8 is the frequency which is the carrier of the signal while ocusync is the protocol they use for the actual signal. Some expert correct my if I am wrong but lets put this layman's analogy, let say you wifi at home. If we are neighbors and we have same wifi that works on 2.4 and 5.8 but you use WPA as a method of securing your wifi but I use WPA2, our devices will never connect to each other let alone understand.  Or while in the topic (extreme comparison) analog and digital signal on FPV system, while they are on same frequency, they cannot see what the other see (tho they can interfere). Digital system is not as simple as they broadcast the signal and any recipient can receive. So sadly the answer is still no. I would love my mavic 2 pro to work with my FPV goggles but they will never talk to each other unless I convert the signal to other media.
2020-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules