Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha FYI,

AMA, AOPA, EAA and Google’s sister company, Wing, urge FAA to Make Essential Changes to Remote ID Rule
The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) joined with the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), and the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), and Google’s sister company, Wing, to send a letter today urging the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to make essential changes to the proposed rule for Remote Identification (remote ID) of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). These stakeholders – which represent a cross-section of the model aviation, general aviation, and commercial UAS sectors – share a concern that the current rule is too difficult for everyday hobbyists to comply and alternatives are needed.
“The proposed rule will make it nearly impossible for everyday hobbyists to share the skies,” the letter states. “They will need to incorporate highly automated equipment into home-built models, and implement manufacturing processes comparable to a commercial aircraft. These requirements are infeasible for hobbyists who experiment in their garage, buy material at the local hardware store, and fly in their backyard or the local park.”
The letter describes how, if hobbyists cannot comply with complex requirements of amateur-build requirements, they will be confined to a small number of FAA-recognized “identification areas.” The FAA only anticipates about 2,400 of these sites for the entire U.S. population of 327 million people. The agency has also not proposed any process for renewing or recognizing new areas.
“We urge the FAA to consider alternative approaches that promote safety and security while supporting model aviation,” the letter continues. “For example, hobbyists could notify their planned flight area to the FAA and other observers on the ground via smartphone app. Today, drone operators can fly in controlled airspace around our busiest airports by notifying their planned flight area to the FAA through apps. The FAA should be applauded for digitizing these capabilities in an accessible way. That approach is safe, smart, and sensible, and could apply to remote identification.”
The letter concludes by urging the FAA to find a path forward that allows everyday hobbyists to easily comply with the remote ID rule.  A full copy of the organization’s letter to the FAA is available here: AMA, AOPA, EAA, Wing joint industry letter
September 11, 2020

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!

2020-9-15
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Thanks for sharing
2020-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Cetacean. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Again, thank you for supporting DJI and please stay safe always.
2020-9-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing.
2020-9-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many thanks for the share
2020-9-16
Use props
Planner68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Thanks for the information
2020-9-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2020-9-16
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Very interesting information, thank you for sharing this Cetacean, I'm in the UK so it will more than likely affect us droner's here in time if something isn't done about it, i am all for the safety of the public when i am out flying and so i tend to go to secluded areas around where i live as to not be around the public which suits me fine as i cant really interact with humans all that well when i am out and about, still it is interesting to see how Remote ID is being dealt with in the United States by the FAA and how they might go about changing the rule so that it isn't too limiting to the everyday hobbyist's out there.
2020-9-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

mark117h Posted at 9-21 13:58
Very interesting information, thank you for sharing this Cetacean, I'm in the UK so it will more than likely affect us droner's here in time if something isn't done about it, i am all for the safety of the public when i am out flying and so i tend to go to secluded areas around where i live as to not be around the public which suits me fine as i cant really interact with humans all that well when i am out and about, still it is interesting to see how Remote ID is being dealt with in the United States by the FAA and how they might go about changing the rule so that it isn't too limiting to the everyday hobbyist's out there.

Aloha mark,

We can only hope that reason will prevail.  So much is going on but the AMA, DJI and others are putting up a good fight for common sense.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules