Australia

When is this Firmware update going to come for phantom 3 pro
2015-6-23
Use props
uhayat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191421 ft
Pakistan

Are you experiencing any issues with 1.2.6?
Mine's flying great so far but I've heard of the occasional VPS glitch.
2015-6-23
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Probably a week from now if we're lucky.
2015-6-23
Use props
janibgud
lvl.1

United States

DJI told me they aren't in any hurry to fix the problem because its only a small number of people experiencing the problem. I don't agree, I have counted over 200 people so far who have been having serious issue, not to mention those who have said nothing on the forums. That is significant.
2015-6-23
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is the issue?
2015-6-23
Use props
john.lambert4
lvl.3

Australia

My issue is only when VPS is turned on, it drifts up and down and sideways quite considerably WITHOUT recording any movement distances in the Pilot App.  Once I turned VPS off it seems to fly fine and stable.  Videos and photos work fine, gimbal is stable and even level (was never level before 1.2.6 update).
2015-6-23
Use props
ScottyT
lvl.4

New Zealand

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-24 06:51
DJI told me they aren't in any hurry to fix the problem because its only a small number of people ex ...

They told you that? Wow. Really? Wow. Which country or support channel did you get that information through?

Bit of a worry how they gauge and prioritize bug fixes. Perhaps I need to start logging cases for the issues I am having so they - it seemed enough people were making noise to over these issues in their own forums. I doubt I will though, as dealing with foreign 1st and 2nd line support help-desks do my head in...

I should just put a watch on DJI's download page to notify me of any updates and then investigate what they felt like fixing. Not that they detail what has been fixed.

*sigh*

2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

So far mine is flying like a military drone i don't see any problems what so ever, yours must be defective go return it, no new firmware would fix broken hardware.
2015-6-23
Use props
phinchman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 120994 ft
Puerto Rico

john.lambert4@o Posted at 2015-6-24 07:03
My issue is only when VPS is turned on, it drifts up and down and sideways quite considerably WITHOU ...

My issue is that, even with VPS turned-off, it went rogue immediately on the very first launch after the new firmware update (Yes, I went through all the calibration steps) and was completely uncontrollable. Crashed.  Destroyed camera and a landing gear.
2015-6-23
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

phinchman Posted at 2015-6-24 07:34
My issue is that, even with VPS turned-off, it went rogue immediately on the very first launch aft ...

Open a ticket and send in your logs. Sorry to hear of your problem.

It may or may not be directly related to firmware - that is, firmware updates can sometimes take wrong in a machine and DJI support even said it's possible that fw update can make an earlier hardware defect show up.
So it may just be a piece of defective hw.
2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

phinchman Posted at 2015-6-24 07:34
My issue is that, even with VPS turned-off, it went rogue immediately on the very first launch aft ...

The hard fact that no one wants to accept is the phantom 3 or the inspire 1 are like a disposable camera, once used up or broken there is a slim chance you will get to fix it yourself, it must be returned to DJI for them to repair it, when my phantom crashes (god forbid) i will switch to the matrice platform or the TBS discovery and matrice internals, the only appeal is the light bridge integration with the remote control.

So yeah its a looming fear for crashing goes in my mind every time i fly my phantom that if i crash it i will end up spending at least 700 bucks compared to when i flew my F550 in manual mode and took it in with a nose dive and did not recover and only had a broken arm and a couple propellers.
2015-6-23
Use props
Spankybear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 685089 ft
United States

janibgud Posted at 2015-6-24 06:51
DJI told me they aren't in any hurry to fix the problem because its only a small number of people ex ...

I read that DJI sold over 100,000 units... 200 units with issues IS a very small number. Sorry...
2015-6-23
Use props
Jack57
lvl.3

Canada

Spankybear Posted at 2015-6-24 09:38
I read that DJI sold over 100,000 units... 200 units with issues IS a very small number. Sorry...

I read that dji sells more then 100,000 units a day.
2015-6-23
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-24 07:29
So far mine is flying like a military drone i don't see any problems what so ever, yours must be def ...

You've flown a military drone?  Which model?
2015-6-23
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-24 10:27
You've flown a military drone?  Which model?

It's just an example and as far as military goes don't ask don't tell.
2015-6-23
Use props
kallio
lvl.1

Sweden

Yeah, there are a lot of people that have problems, and not all of us want to write a new "Yet another 1.2.6 VPS and altitude not working at fkkn all after update" -thread. I'm a developer myself and I am just assuming that they are working their asses off to solve this, but I also know that it's better not to just throw out a new firmware without proper testing first.

So just assuming that all those who don't write angry emails or post here don't have problems is just not correct. And, assuming that it's a hardware failure on hardware that worked perfectly before the update and then the exact same failure occurs on a whole lot of birds immediately after it.

But there are a lot of people that have problems and it's not just whining about some minor problems like some people here are implying, I've had my P3P telling me it's 14 meter above ground when I landed it... So RTH i useless right now, it would slam into the ground if I'd use it all the way (well if it crashes close to me is sort of a benefit i guess...).  I can't fly indoors (or under dense trees, bridges, tunnels...). The IMU seemed reset with the firmware update, the first flight was veeery unstable, but after calibrating that it's at least possible to fly the thing (with VPS shut off and not relying on it giving a correct altitude).

Just because some of us are quite and not complaining  does not mean we don't have the exact same problems as a lot of the people posting here, we're just quietly waiting...
2015-6-24
Use props
1randy.pence
lvl.3

United States

kallio@webbigt. Posted at 2015-6-24 16:44
Yeah, there are a lot of people that have problems, and not all of us want to write a new "Yet anoth ...

If the next firmware does not fix the multiple issues I have no options, Its going back.
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

1randy.pence@gm Posted at 2015-6-24 19:23
If the next firmware does not fix the multiple issues I have no options, Its going back.

Haha. Good luck with that
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-24 11:19
It's just an example and as far as military goes don't ask don't tell.

That policy went away. Plus I'm not sure your using it the right way.
2015-6-24
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Yeah, there are a lot of people that have problems, and not all of us want to write a new "Yet anoth ...

great post Kallio
I would like for one of these folks that keep getting on here thread after thread and saying that only a few are having trouble and for us that are,  to shut up, that there are so few of us, that it doesn't matter, because their p3 is fine, and that DJI feels the same.

Tell ya what, you send me yours and I will send you mine, I will pay for shipping both ways,
now what have you got to say to that, Then you can be one of the few that don't matter.
Also, Tell that to the baby that got hit in the face, or the poor father ,that displayed bad judgement,
Some of ya's really racked his ass, don't you think he realized his mistake. Oh I forgot that doesn't matter. They are one of the few.

My God doesn't anyone have any feelings or compassion for any one else,  I guess you can justify it by your 1000 $ plus investment is fine so why should you give a s*&^.

There have been lots of crashes and equipment destroyed,  I realize pilot error is likely a consideration, In some instances.
but the reports of the anomalous behavior is consistent, Now don't you think it is about time that we at least got at an intelligent statement from DJI, There really is no acknowledgement that  these problems really even exist. "ie'" there last firmware stated various bugs fixed.  Fixed!  I had my dog  "fixed",  Looks like these bugs are still breeding to me.
2015-6-24
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

Kallio
I am seeing exactly the same problem, that you described, in my machine, I am a developer also I developed the nebula alien sunglasses wireless fpv system,  I have a new system designed and ready to go for when they release the  hdmi upgrade board,  These problems have put me on hold, as the lagging problems and what not, translate into my system also, and could cause dissatisfaction with my product.
I have the best video glasses system on the market, and at the best price.  And I am just sitting here with a sizable investment, freeking on this dog and pony show.  I have flown mine quite a few times, have used the return home once or twice,  I have my return home alt. set quite high to compensate for error,  and would take control back,  when I  could see properly.  Thanks for your input, I think a software fix may eventually solve are problems,  I hope I am not going to wait all of this time and then be told I have to send it in.  I will send in "return" and consider my support project blowed all to H*&^
2015-6-24
Use props
mtnmaddman
lvl.4
United States

ScottyT Posted at 2015-6-24 07:22
They told you that? Wow. Really? Wow. Which country or support channel did you get that informatio ...

I think about 60.00 shipping to australia
2015-6-24
Use props
ranges
lvl.3

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-24 20:23
Haha. Good luck with that

Haha get the 4g
2015-6-24
Use props
sinbad_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117343 ft
United Kingdom

The IMU seemed reset with the firmware update, the first flight was veeery unstable, but after calibrating that it's at least possible to fly the thing (with VPS shut off and not relying on it giving a correct altitude).  ...

That's the exact issue I encountered. I recalibrated IMU switched off VPS and it was a lot more reliable. but I am still seeing inaccurate height readings on the app.
2015-6-24
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Spankybear Posted at 2015-6-24 09:38

Yeah. Unfortunately, if the 100,000 sold is a valid number, then 200 is only 1/5 of one percent.

Maybe we should organize a new group, kind of like "Occupy Wall Street." We'll call it "Occupy Shenzen." Someone give me a call when you get there! Oh, and bring your vuvazuela (what were those obnoxious horns we heard in the World Cup in South Africa?) - we'll need to be able to make a lot of noise with only 200 of us. LOL
2015-6-25
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-24 20:24
That policy went away. Plus I'm not sure your using it the right way.

No problems lol not sure where you taking this conversation to but anyways mine flies like a military drone lol.
2015-6-25
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-26 12:27
Did I mention that mine flies like a military drone? And also it flies better than yours lol
I gues ...

you forgot that you mention yoyrs  fly like a military drone.instead of telling that say something or advise coz maybe your military drone will drop from the sky.
2015-6-26
Use props
jag 101
lvl.2

United States

Willie Wonka Posted at 2015-6-26 12:27
Did I mention that mine flies like a military drone? And also it flies better than yours lol
I gues ...

when I fly I make sure its ok..but one thing for sure mine is not like a military drone like yours.
2015-6-26
Use props
Seaduner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7619229 ft
  • >>>
United States

mtnmaddman Posted at 2015-6-24 22:45
great post Kallio
I would like for one of these folks that keep getting on here thread after thread ...

Regarding your desire for an intelligent statement from DJI, there was a Forbes interview in May where DJI's CEO, Frank Wang admits to problems, fly away problems.  You can see the highlights of that article in this YouTube video.  
The actual Forbes article is here:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ryan ... -china-billionaire/

Wang says he has 200 employees in support, and will be adding more, no mention of what percentage of that 200 is in the US.   I'm wondering how many of those new support employees will be in the US.  Maybe there is hope.

2015-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules