Apple IOS 14 Due Out Today
3389 27 2020-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Hi. I have a question regarding Apple devices and DJI software. Apple IOS 14 is going to be available shortly (supposedly today) and I was wondering if there has ever been a case where a new Apple IOS update presented problems with compatibility with the DJI software needed to fly a drone? If so I will wait to update my Ipad Mini 5 to IOS version 14 until I'm confident that the DJI Fly app is compatible with it. Thanks for any input on this.
2020-9-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

That is the correct position.
the "Latest" is not always the "Greatest".....
2020-9-16
Use props
Magicdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 101086 ft
United States

Flycaster Posted at 9-16 06:55
That is the correct position.
the "Latest" is not always the "Greatest".....

The trouble with the "correct position" is who is going to be the guinea pig?
Maybe DJI could issue some type of declaration that DJI Fly version 1.1.9 is compatible with the Apple IOS version 14?
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can tell you that DJI Fly will work perfectly fine with iOS 14.
2020-9-16
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
Flight distance : 2733760 ft
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-16 07:07
I can tell you that DJI Fly will work perfectly fine with iOS 14.

And we're supposed to just believe a random statement by a forum member without any verifying proof???  Please at least give some facts or reference material to back up your claim.  
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-16 09:43
And we're supposed to just believe a random statement by a forum member without any verifying proof???  Please at least give some facts or reference material to back up your claim.

Doesn't matter if you believe me or not but here are some screens from my phone. I've been running ios 14 since developer beta's started. And I'm not just a random forum member. Or at least I don't feel like it. Been around here for a little while. This is the profile screen from the DJI Fly app on my iPhone XR and the general settings screen where you can see that I indeed have iOS 14 installed.

2020-9-16
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-16 09:54
Doesn't matter if you believe me or not but here are some screens from my phone. I've been running ios 14 since developer beta's started. And I'm not just a random forum member. Or at least I don't feel like it. Been around here for a little while. This is the profile screen from the DJI Fly app on my iPhone XR and the general settings screen where you can see that I indeed have iOS 14 installed.
[view_image]
[view_image]

Thanks...it might  have helped in your original post to say you'd been operating for a while on the IOS 14 beta version.
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Rustic17 Posted at 9-16 10:11
Thanks...it might  have helped in your original post to say you'd been operating for a while on the IOS 14 beta version.

Didn't think it necessary but for the backstory, that's what I do for the company that I work for. They use a lot of apple devices so my job is to develop their apps to maintain compatibility for the next iterations of upgrades amongst other things. The benefit is that I get to have a device that will constantly have a developer beta on a device that I have DJI Fly installed on so if there are issues, I can let someone know. I know, it sounds a little selfish, and I guess in a way it is, but the way I see it, I'm looking out for more than just myself, but a community of nice folks that depend on these devices to work in order to fly whether its for work or pleasure.
2020-9-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Does the update come out today, hmmmm
2020-9-16
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Same as "The Beta"??
2020-9-16
Use props
Rustic17
First Officer
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-16 10:15
Didn't think it necessary but for the backstory, that's what I do for the company that I work for. They use a lot of apple devices so my job is to develop their apps to maintain compatibility for the next iterations of upgrades amongst other things. The benefit is that I get to have a device that will constantly have a developer beta on a device that I have DJI Fly installed on so if there are issues, I can let someone know. I know, it sounds a little selfish, and I guess in a way it is, but the way I see it, I'm looking out for more than just myself, but a community of nice folks that depend on these devices to work in order to fly whether its for work or pleasure.

Well, I may become one of the auto updaters, then....thanks for your work and sharing your expertise.
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That thing about auto updating, that's a personal preference really. The point I was trying to make with it was the other poster said that iPhone wouldn't download updates on its own when ever since iOS 13, auto update was on by default. You have to manually turn it off if you wanted control over what updates and what doesn't so you should know and understand that if you turn that off, you'd have to manually update. I manually update myself.
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 9-16 10:59
Same as "The Beta"??

There are two types of beta OS's for Apple. There is a developers beta and a public beta. Then there is the public release, which is what is expected to release today. Apple said yesterday in their live stream event that the public release of iOS, iPad OS, TV OS 14 and WatchOS 7 would come today. I wouldn't imagine that it wouldn't if it hasn't already in some areas. My personal iPhone, iPad air and apple watch has already updated to their respective upgraded OS's.
2020-9-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

You are right to be concerned! Here’s an article running on the BBC
2020-9-16
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United Kingdom

You are right to be concerned! Here’s an article running on the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54172191
2020-9-16
Use props
PHL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1044062 ft
Australia

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 9-16 13:24
You are right to be concerned! Here’s an article running on the BBC: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-54172191

Old news; they had the developer beta to work with, but some elected to leave things until late. There always was indications it will be released today going by previous years.

Anyway, so far DJI Go 4 seems to be working fine on iOS 14 release version.
2020-9-16
Use props
JodyB
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

PHL is correct. Although the road to iOS 14 was shorter than normal. There were 7 developer betas and as many public betas as well. Plenty to work with for developers that didn’t procrastinate or was overwhelmed with a huge amount of apps to bring into compliance.
2020-9-16
Use props
FictitiousPerson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

Been running DJI fly app on beta iOS 14 for months now and not one glitch...
2020-9-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So far so good here on IOS 14.  
2020-9-17
Use props
FictitiousPerson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
United Kingdom

5AB338D4-4ABE-446B-AD65-EE6206544A26.jpeg
2020-9-17
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FictitiousPerson Posted at 9-16 22:23
Been running DJI fly app on beta iOS 14 for months now and not one glitch...

Can only confirm, I am guilty too
2020-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just updated to iOS 14 on my iPhone XS with the latest fly app version 1.1.9 for the Mavic Air 2 and no problems.
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. Thank you.
2020-9-17
Use props
RolandSchlangen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17861 ft
Netherlands

I've had all the ios 14 public beta's running on my iphone and I can tell that the Fly app 1.16/1.18 and 1.19 are running fine
2020-9-17
Use props
fansa1db27c4
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am on iOS 14 on my iPhone 11 Pro Max and the DJI Go 4 app doesn’t recognise my Mavic Pro when it is plugged in, another iPhone on iOS 13 worked fine. Any ideas how to sort it?
2020-9-20
Use props
djiuser_fjxbz4QWgzLO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42887 ft
United States

Hey, I've a problem with my Mavir Air 2 camera these last days and I don't know if its related with iOS14 or a problem with my hardware. The overall camera quality is worst than before, the color and everything.
Always when I put in HDR Video mode, I've that problem (left side, and often in the center too), specially when I'm recording something with less light.
Someone have any idea about it? Or the same problem?

2020-9-20
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

all spam reported ....... Tiana
2020-11-15
Use props
JohnLietzke
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I have been running the IOS 14 beta since it came out with my Mavic Air 2 and have experienced no issue with exception of problems with DJI Fly app updates.  The Fly app was buggy and quickly corrected last week with an update.  The buggy app coincided with the release of the Mini 2 and the app update.  Other than that IOS 14 is rock solid.
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules