File is not readable! HELP!
2282 9 2020-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hawkeye Media S
New
United States

So I recorded a bunch of footage the other day for a client, and when I got home I realized two of the recordings wouldn't open.   In the information page of the file, it says 0:00 Time and 2.44gb file size and the other file is the same 0:00 time with 1.67gb file size.   How is this possible??  Please help!  How do I recover the footage??
2020-9-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Did you forget to stop recording before you shut down the aircraft? Try inserting the SD card in the aircraft and switching the aircraft on, it may detect the problem and repair the file.
2020-9-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Possible apps to try, but first.
Don't try apps on the original files.  Make copies, and try apps on copies.

HandBrake (free)
VLC (free)
Remo Repair MOV ($69)  Remo Video Repair costs more and works on more formats

2020-9-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

As for how it is possible.  

The information for video files is written at end, before file is closed.  Only way to have information like length in time of video.

Something went wrong before video file got properly udated, then closed.  Seen this when microSD card is pulled out while still recording or drone is powered down while still recording.

2020-9-16
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put the card back in and start a new recording. It should properly close any opened files.

If that does not work, I have used this service and it worked perfectly: https://fix.video/

I tried VLC and never got it to work.

Here is a free program that may or may not be able to do M2P files yet. If it doesn't work, send a message to the author and he may update it to fix M2P files, with your help. I had a corrupted file for the Mini a few months ago and his program did not support it yet. He responded to my request and added it to his program, all for free.
http://djifix.live555.com/
2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hawkeye Media S. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model and specifications of the SD Card you are using please and please make sure to always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Drone to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you.
2020-9-16
Use props
Hawkeye Media S
New
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 19:27
Hello there Hawkeye Media S. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what is the model and specifications of the SD Card you are using please and please make sure to always stop the video recording before tuning off the DJI Drone to void video corruption and to avoid and issues on the said drone in the future. Thank you.

Lexar 1000x 32Gb Micro SD (3) HC II
2020-9-17
Use props
Hawkeye Media S
New
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-16 17:35
Did you forget to stop recording before you shut down the aircraft? Try inserting the SD card in the aircraft and switching the aircraft on, it may detect the problem and repair the file.

I tried but it still won't work.  I even tried to play it back in the dji app while connected to the drone
2020-9-17
Use props
Hawkeye Media S
New
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-16 18:41
Put the card back in and start a new recording. It should properly close any opened files.

If that does not work, I have used this service and it worked perfectly: https://fix.video/

Ok, I'll check this out
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hawkeye Media S Posted at 9-17 11:21
Lexar 1000x 32Gb Micro SD (3) HC II

Hi there Hawkeye Media S. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have given. Are you able to test a different SD card to see if the issue wuill still persist? Thank you.
2020-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules