New Warning Message on iOS App
1388 6 2015-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

Ok I was flying today and after two flights with two TB47 batteries, I had no problems.  I then put in a new battery just purchased and fully charged yesterday.  I got an immediate warning message soon as I powered up the aircraft.

Link to image if not accessble :
http://s1123.photobucket.com/use ... s/IMG_0013.jpg.html

As others probably done with the last firmware update and as per the DJI instructionsm I did not update the Remote controller, but does this warning suggest that the controller should be updated.

I powered down the aircraft and controller, then powered back up, checked evrything and no warnings so the power down and back up must have cleared the warning.  Then done a approx 15 minute flight with no further problems encountered.

If any DJI guys are reading this post it would be nice to get some feedback on this.  I think I will run the last update on the controller tomorrow just to make sure I dont have any further problems or warnings.  

Also why does the iOS app message say contact DJI Support to arrange for repairs if the warning goes away after powering down and back up.  Is this message something to be worried about.

DJI Feedback please if possible....

2015-6-23
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Could anyone from DJI explain this these warning messages/ notifications please.

RC Upgrade Required
RC FPGA Error
Hardware malfunction : Contact DJI Support to arrange for repairs

2015-6-24
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Those are pretty generic sounding error messages - looks like your RC crashed.
Coming good after a power cycle / reboot - any issues since?
2015-6-24
Use props
DJI-Terry
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Hi, GB44, don't worry about that.  It's very rare and only happened when powing on the Tx. It's not related to firmware update. The message should be gone when you repower it. The message should be rewritten and we've noticed that. Thank you for your feedback. Hope you enjoy flying
2015-6-24
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Terry Posted at 2015-6-24 21:29
Hi, GB44, don't worry about that.  It's very rare and only happened when powing on the Tx. It's not  ...

Yes ,
Once I re-powered the message went away.

I was just wanting some assurance that I didn't need to do anything else suggested in the message.

On another note, does that mean it is not necessary to update the controller ?
2015-6-24
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

GB44 Posted at 2015-6-24 21:52
Yes ,
Once I re-powered the message went away.

My guess is it's just a poorly worded message and would be much more accurate to say "restart" instead of  "update."

Terry said it's basically saying the remote didn't like the way it started up and  to please restart to clear its throat.  

No update necessary, they made that clear in the last firmware.
2015-6-24
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-25 05:13
My guess is it's just a poorly worded message and would be much more accurate to say "restart" inst ...

Yes,

All was good after re-starting, just wanted some assurance from DJI that was all Jim, and DJI-Terry kindly confirmed that as above.

It flew with a full battery after the re-start with no problems.  Although when I looked at the memory card afterwards there didn't seem to be any recored video for the last flight, but this may be my fault, as I may have just simply forgot to start the recording, can't be sure.  Will just check it out next flight.

You may be right though Jim, perhaps DJI could review some of the messages and notifications to make them more clearer.  Constructive feedback ...
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules