Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI4 Go App Crash on Start Android 11
3641 6 2020-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Epicfatigue
lvl.1

Australia

Hey Guys,

Since i updated to the new Andriod 11 the DJI Go 4 App just crashes on load.

I have tried the following

Cleared Cache
Cleared Storage
Un installed / Re installed
Uninstalled then deleted the DJI folder then Re-installed

Still nothing

Device Google Pixel 3 Andriod 11

Really sucks unable to fly my drone please help
2020-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Epicfatigue. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, again I sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2020-9-16
Use props
djiuser_STmB2iA2JMU8
New

France

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 22:47
Hello there Epicfatigue. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Due to the differences in the secondary development of Android 11 by mobile phone manufacturers, we are actively working to adapt the Android 11 system to compatibility. Before the App update record shows that it is compatible with Android 11, it is recommended that you do not update to the Android 11 system, so as to avoid the situation that the software cannot be used normally, again I sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. It is recommended that you can pay attention to the update record of the App to see if it is compatible with the Android 11 system. Thank you for your kind understanding.

hi Stephen. Thx for the answer. I observe the same trouble with my phone (pixel 3 - Android 11)... I regret it does not work at all... App is totally crashing while trying to launch it.
When can we plan to have a stable version ?
FYI, I am a beta tester of Android : it means that i haven't pilot my DJi Spark since months !!! I ve been testing android beta version since april 2020.
Thx

Claude P
2020-9-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_STmB2iA2JMU8 Posted at 9-18 00:00
hi Stephen. Thx for the answer. I observe the same trouble with my phone (pixel 3 - Android 11)... I regret it does not work at all... App is totally crashing while trying to launch it.
When can we plan to have a stable version ?
FYI, I am a beta tester of Android : it means that i haven't pilot my DJi Spark since months !!! I ve been testing android beta version since april 2020.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We have forwarded the request to the related team, our team are working hard on it, there will be an update soon. Thank you so much for your patience.
2020-9-18
Use props
Sarvesh14
lvl.1

India

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-16 22:47

This is no way the team should be responding saying do not update to Android 11. Did we as users knew before updating our Android that whether the app will work or no?
In fact as DJI you should be upgrading your apps with the compatibility of the system software. Such a disappointing experience with this which is causing me business loss due to non utility.
2020-9-21
Use props
Epicfatigue
lvl.1

Australia

Well i can confirm the update has allowed the app to start, will test it with the drone tomorrow.

I do find this disappointing as being a developer myself, Android is by far a much easier experience with roll out of applications then IOS.
Its clear DJI are focused only on Apple
2020-9-22
Use props
fans306845a7
New
Flight distance : 32277 ft

United States

Likewise, DJI's inability to keep up with basic OS updates for Android has rendered my drone a $1,000 paperweight, unless I borrow an Apple device from a friend.

Please do better, DJI!!!
2021-11-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules