DJI Ronin SC suddenly gets out of control
3138 8 2020-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Santiago Angarita
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387828 ft
Colombia

I have my DJI Ronin SC since June 2020 and it was working perfectly until about a month ago. Everything is perfectly connected and balanced; Suddenly the roll axis twists and stays that way for a few seconds and starts to beep, the axes start to move abruptly for a few seconds and then the motors turn off. I check again and everything is balanced, I try to turn it on several times until suddenly it starts working perfectly again; The Ronin perfectly stabilizes the camera and there I take the opportunity to perform an auto-tune (it makes it perfect) and a balance test in the app (everything is excellent). I perform an advanced calibration and the result is satisfactory. The app is up to date and does not show any errors. It works perfectly for a while and then it starts moving uncontrollably, starting with the roll axis, then all the axes start spinning uncontrollably and sometimes hitting the camera. I re-start it and try several times until it works perfectly again.

The fact that it works sometimes makes me rule out a balance problem or engine damage, however I would like to read your opinions and come up with a solution.

Thank you very much in advance!.

2020-9-17
Use props
djiuser_0eX3LwsJc6y2
New

Germany

Mine too !! I buyed it in July 2019 and used it maybe about 30 Times. Everything was OK since Yesterday .. the App Shows me its the Pan Motor.

But how ? I used it Last Time in July and it was 2 months in my Studio on the Tablet. Now the Motor ist damaged ?

DJI how ist this possible, i thought this are quality Products. I have so many DJI Products (Mavic Air, Osmo Action, Ronin m) and Hope they dont let us down now !

My waranty was 1 year, so since July 2020 .. this is crazy Timing !!!

2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wow - thanks for sharing your findings
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, we are sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with the Ronin-SC. We suggest you to send email to support@dji.com with your issue description and our team will help to check further details on your product. Thanks!
2020-9-22
Use props
Santiago Angarita
lvl.1
Colombia

djiuser_0eX3LwsJc6y2 Posted at 9-18 23:38
Mine too !! I buyed it in July 2019 and used it maybe about 30 Times. Everything was OK since Yesterday .. the App Shows me its the Pan Motor.

But how ? I used it Last Time in July and it was 2 months in my Studio on the Tablet. Now the Motor ist damaged ?

It would be perfectly understandable if my device had been hit or wet, but I keep it well protected, I don't misuse it; the failure was sudden. All they tell me is to write them an email, but I already did and they have not responded with a solution.
2020-9-22
Use props
Santiago Angarita
lvl.1
Colombia

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-22 00:16
Hello there, we are sorry to hear about the issue you experienced with the Ronin-SC. We suggest you to send email to  with your issue description and our team will help to check further details on your product. Thanks!

I already did it, but i haven't had any response
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Santiago Angarita Posted at 9-22 19:09
I already did it, but i haven't had any response

Hi, we did not find the record on our system according to your email address that you used on DJI Forum, if you used another email address, you can send a message (DM) to us so we can help to check more details. Thank you.
2020-9-22
Use props
shavoc
lvl.1
United States

I had the same thing happen exactly!

I fixed it with this method: https://youtu.be/pewaM6QryGw
2021-6-29
Use props
Santiago Angarita
lvl.1