Tablet not connecting to DJI GO 4
1164 2 2020-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Foxtrott_Mike
lvl.1
Italy

Hello everyone,
I used to fly my Mavic 2 Zoom with an android phone (Samsung) connected to the RC. The drone and the App worked perfectly, till now.
I saw some DJI users using Huawei Mediapad T5 [3Gb Ram/32Gb Rom] with no problems with DJI GO4, so i bought one too, but when I try to link the RC with the drone it gaves me an error message that says link failed (the light on the drone was green everytime I tried to link the RC).
I searched for solutions and these were my attempts:
  • check USB settings to see if it was set to charge only, but apparently that was not the problem (I also tried to set it on MTP and PTP) - It didn't work
  • tried to enable USB debugging - It didn't work
  • changed the USB cable with a new one with a transmission speed of 480 MBps - It didn't work

I really don't know how to fix this problem...
Maybe I need to change some other option in the Tablet settings, so I tried to ask here for support.

P.S.
  • The cables I tried worked perfectly and the tablet started to charge everytime i connect it to RC, but somehow the Huawei T5 cannot connect to RC or DJI GO4;
  • DJI GO4 is updated to the last version;
  • the tablet firmware is updated to last version too.

I hope someone can help me.
2020-9-17
Use props
Foxtrott_Mike
lvl.1
Italy

EDIT
I also tried to download again DJI GO4 on the tablet, eliminating cache, restarting the device, but nothing..The App tried to link with the aircraft, failing every single time. If I try to enter camera mode I read on top left side of the screen 'Remote controller error'.
I thought that maybe the problem was the USB port on the RC (I've always used the left micro usb port with the phone) so I tried to connect the phone through the same port, using the same cable, and what happened? With the phone the App and the Drone work perfectly.

I assume that I need to change some settings of the Huawei T5, but what and why?
Apparently the RC and the Drone have no problems, otherwise they cannot work correctly with the phone too..
I just need to undestrand what to do with this tablet.
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Foxtrott_Mike Posted at 9-17 05:39
EDIT
I also tried to download again DJI GO4 on the tablet, eliminating cache, restarting the device, but nothing..The App tried to link with the aircraft, failing every single time. If I try to enter camera mode I read on top left side of the screen 'Remote controller error'.
I thought that maybe the problem was the USB port on the RC (I've always used the left micro usb port with the phone) so I tried to connect the phone through the same port, using the same cable, and what happened? With the phone the App and the Drone work perfectly.

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. We are happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. Just a friendly reminder, since the Huawei Mediapad T5 is not listed on the recommended mobile device list, we cannot guarantee the stability and compatibility of the said table during flight. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules