Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Turning when using aperture thumb wheel
892 9 2020-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw a thread in the Mavic 2 Zoom area of this forum so I thought I would bring it into this (Mavic 2 Pro) area to see if anybody else is experiencing this.The Thumbwheel (right side) that controls the aperture ...(.which does the zoom on the Zoom's camera).... makes the drone turn left or right if held at the end of its range (held against the "stop") .. This doesn't appear to actually happen when moving though, just if hovering!
Very weird and I originally thought the controller is going bad! But, now that I see this post, I realize that maybe it is software somehow?
Ohh, the smart controller does NOT do this, just the "regular" controller

2020-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ive never noticed this,  are you saying you roll it all the way left or right and then hold it without releasing?
2020-9-17
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-17 23:51
Ive never noticed this,  are you saying you roll it all the way left or right and then hold it without releasing?
Yes, exactly.... hold against the "stop"....I never noticed it before either. It doesn't do that with the smart controller!
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting find - thanks for sharing
2020-9-18
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had this issue for a very long time for both Pro and Zoom. I have also had another issue with the controllers. it will start slowly climbing on its own during a hover.   
2020-9-18
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i bought both zoom and pro 2 years ago when they were released. i tested minutes ago and no issue. i think it is hard to i didnt notice this problem but i made a test to confirm. Maybe it is an issue on newer remote controllers. It would  be worth to check.
2020-9-18
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Francis Posted at 9-18 14:46
i bought both zoom and pro 2 years ago when they were released. i tested minutes ago and no issue. i think it is hard to i didnt notice this problem but i made a test to confirm. Maybe it is an issue on newer remote controllers. It would  be worth to check.

Good thought....maybe a different remote "model #" or later firmware? (unless you are also on the most current remote firmware)
My remote is a model: RC1B and the firmware is:1.00.0640
2020-9-19
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 9-18 01:27
Yes, exactly.... hold against the "stop"....I never noticed it before either. It doesn't do that with the smart controller!

Thanks I will give that a go.  
2020-9-20
Use props
Glhs958
lvl.4
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

My controllers are RC1A and RC1B with current firmware installed 1.00.0640. I personally think its something in the controller. faulty components, dirt, or something. I have had this issue from time to time since I know firmware 1.00.0200. I have found that sometimes I can recalibrate and it will work correct for a few days. I have also noticed that I can just move wheel back and forth 100% a few times and it starts working correct for a bit.
2020-9-20
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i have 2 stock remote controllers working with no issue. When i bought zoom and pro there was no smart controller. I did lots of tests  and no movement.
2020-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules