Horrible Experience So Far Drone Is Bricked
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
greatjay
lvl.1

United States

Hi Everyone. I hope someone can point me in the right direction here because so far DJI is really letting me down with horrible customer service...
So, I purchased a brand new Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 a few weeks ago from Amazon. When I activated it, I purchased the DJI Care. Everything was fine with the drone. I connected my controller and phone, and it worked great. It attempted to do a firmware update. That is when things went down hill. Something went wrong during the installation. I can't remember exactly but it said something about the connection being dropped half way through, and when the drone rebooted, it essentially is a paper weight. It has two red solid lights and two yellow flashing lights. I have tried probably close to 20 times to connect my phone and controller using the small button on the side of the drone and linking the controller, but it can't find the drone. I've plugged the drone into multiple computers, but none of them can even detect that anything is plugged in since this failed update.

I don't blame DJI for this problem, things happen, technology isn't perfect. But what I blame them for is what follows. First, I call DJI's north america 800 number for tech support. I called 3 times. Each time i'm told someone will call me back in 24-48 hours. That never happened. I finally called back and told them I was disgusted with the service DJI has, no longer wish to keep the drone as the DJI Care was clearly a scam, and I would be switching to Parrot. That is when they suggested to contact Amazon about the non working drone. Amazon? Really? I asked why I paid $200 for DJI Care if DJI isn't going to actually help me? So finally they gave me the email address to write in to DJI Care. After describing the problem throughly, I recieve an email back stating to try another firmware update on the drone, and update the firmware on my controller. I already updated the firmware on my controller, but HOW THE HECK am I supposed to update the firmware on my drone when it is a PAPERWEIGHT??? It is like they didn't even read my email. They just responded with a stock reply that they use when things don't work right. I replied and asked them that, awaiting a reply.

I have tried many things. I was told by someone on the fourms that if I put a fresh battery in and just let the drone run until the battery dies that it might rebuild. I've tried that three times. No luck. Someone even suggested to try putting the firmware file on the micro sd card and let the drone sit there and it may load the firmware from that. Nope. I can't hook it up to a computer, I've even tried a different cable even though I knew it wasn't that. I don't know what else to do.

I think DJI makes good products. I'd love my drone to work. It seems like it is built well and I know many people that use DJI brand. But my god they really are lacking any kind of customer service. I mean look what we spend on these drones, and this is the best service I can get? I wanted to try to get some pictures before the leaves turn, but the way this is going I'll be lucky to have it working for Christmas. It's frustrating when you spend your hard earned money, and a lot of it, and can't even get anyone to tell you what is going on.

Does anyone have any advice for me or can point me in any direction to actually get this drone fixed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jay
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Jay, I am terribly sorry for the difficulties you had experienced with the drone and our service, I can understand your feeling. Please don't worry, I am here and I will do my best to help you out.

For the connection issue, just to double confirm, after the update, the drone can no longer be connected to the computer as well as the controller, right?
May I know if you have tried a different cable when connecting to DJI Assistant 2? If you have tried different cable but the result is the same, I may suggest to send the drone back for diagnosis and service.

You may try to contact the seller and see if they can provide you with the replacement directly. If no, please reply to the support email and request a replacement case if the drone was purchased within 15 calendar days. Or you can fill out the online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index. We will check the drone when we receive it and take care of the case.

If you would need to claim a refund for the drone, please contact Amazon. For the refund for DJI Care Refresh, after you return the drone, please send us the return receipt and we will provide the refund for DJI Care Refresh.

Please let me know if you have further concerns, thank you.

2020-9-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I would return it to Amazon. Defective.
2020-9-18
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 9-17 21:01
Hi Jay, I am terribly sorry for the difficulties you had experienced with the drone and our service, I can understand your feeling. Please don't worry, I am here and I will do my best to help you out.

For the connection issue, just to double confirm, after the update, the drone can no longer be connected to the computer as well as the controller, right?

DJI Susan!  Welcome back!
2020-9-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
First Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

My first P4P had a similar problem.  Just return it to Amazon.  It’s what I did.
2020-9-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mark The Droner Posted at 9-18 04:45
DJI Susan!  Welcome back!

Thank you for the warm greeting.
2020-9-19
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft