Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
and its goodbye from me.....
512 11 2020-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buzzcbrgmail.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

Well after years of being a loyal DJI user, finally upgrading to a Mavic Zoom, i find myslf having to say goodbye.

Ive sold my Mavic and Im buying a Autel Evo 2.

Why?

I love the Mavic, its the best bit of kit Ive ever had and its everything (and more) than I could ask for. The quailty is second to none and its performance is faultless.

BUT -  and heres the rub.

Im so pi$$ed off of not being able to fly where and when I want to - responsibly.

I live on the very edge of a NFZ in Cornwall and cant  fly without having to get permission (in writing ) from the Navy, then send it DJI , get my drone unocked for the permitted period and use it.   It expires and I have to go through the whole process again, and again etc.... its so frustrating !!!!!

There has always been a NLZ here, but when you extended the areas to take on all approach routes, that killed it for me as you virtually wiped out the entire south west coast where I live and operate.

So Im now buying a drone that doesnt have Geofencing built in, and allows the user to fly responsibly.

I know for a fact of several other flyers close to me who will be doing the same.

DJI - i completley understand why you have geofencing built in, but you should perhaps consdier allowing flyers to opt out after provong themselves trustworthy after a set number of flights/hours perhaps.  Im not sure what the answer is, but I suspect you will lose more customer if you continue along this road...

Anyway, thanks for the years Ive enjoyed the kit, it was brilliant.
2020-9-17
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. Thank you for your feedback this will be a great help to further improve the said feature for better user experience. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-9-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-9-17
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious to learn more about your experience.  Which DJI geo zone do you live in?  Is it a red restricted area, blue authorization zone, or gray altitude zone?

In my experience, when DJI introduced GEO 2.0, the update actually made it far easier to fly in most places than it was before that.  Less area is usually covered by the red restricted areas than were before.  If willing, I'd be interested to see the specifics of your particular area.

geo 2 example.PNG
2020-9-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Cheers Mate
2020-9-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sadly its not DJI's fault you have to ask permission to fly.   The Military and Navy seem very anti drones over their property.  I was watching a pro pilot photographing a building last year and he flew within 20ft of a tiny military barracks (his Inspire 1 didnt have the NFZ) and they came out armed with a cease and desist order.
2020-9-17
Use props
buzzcbrgmail.com
lvl.4
United Kingdom

KlooGee Posted at 9-17 16:32
I'm curious to learn more about your experience.  Which DJI geo zone do you live in?  Is it a red restricted area, blue authorization zone, or gray altitude zone?

In my experience, when DJI introduced GEO 2.0, the update actually made it far easier to fly in most places than it was before that.  Less area is usually covered by the red restricted areas than were before.  If willing, I'd be interested to see the specifics of your particular area.

i live at gweek cornwall, UK, TR126UF.
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

2020-9-22
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Autel is not sold outside of U.S. Think you will be able to get support from them?
2020-9-22
Use props
buzzcbrgmail.com
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maxi3D Posted at 9-22 12:07
Autel is not sold outside of U.S. Think you will be able to get support from them?

we'll have to see, I have one now... hopefully I wont need it...
2020-9-22
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

buzzcbrgmail.com Posted at 9-22 12:55
we'll have to see, I have one now... hopefully I wont need it...

Good luck.
2020-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules