562 21 2020-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc89adce2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 213202 ft
United Kingdom

Hello everyone.

This is my first ever post so please forgive my simplicity.  I have a mavic mini and a pro 2.  The pro 2 is a recent purchase and has been flying well.  My only problem has been image quality but that was due to inexperience with camera settings and is now fine.

What is not fine is that I am now getting frequent 'weak transmission' warnings on the go4 app with loss of video and an occassional 'disconnected'.  The drone has no problems with recording onto the sd card and still responds from the remote.  On consideration this may have been after a firmware upgrade?

So far I have adjusted the antenna (Which I have always followed guidance on), callibrated both the compass and the imu.  I have also taken the cable from the remote for the mini and swapped it over.  My phone is an old iphone 5s and it may be a dodgy port although I have not picked up the same problem with the mini.

My next thought is to try with my wife's phone or ipad and maybe trying to downgrade to a previous firmware (I do not know how to do that).

I would like to know what other peoples ideas/advice/experience with this issue is.

Many thanks.
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this ha caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

2020-9-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If when you lose video feed to your phone and the app shows disconnected but you still have control from the RC then if you are using the supplied Dji cable I would recommend that you use the bottom USB port with your phone cable and see if that makes a difference.
2020-9-17
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-17 19:32
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this ha caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please fly your DJI drone to a different location with less interference to see if the issue will still persist? The said DJI drone might have picked up magnetic interference from the area. That might be the reason why you are experiencing these issues. In addition, I will post an official DJI tutorial video on DJI Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried in 4 different locations and all have been wide open spaces with no buildings or piwer lines or even high trees and all with good sats and in a national park. Thanks for the video but already seen it and always follow it
2020-9-17
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-17 22:31
If when you lose video feed to your phone and the app shows disconnected but you still have control from the RC then if you are using the supplied Dji cable I would recommend that you use the bottom USB port with your phone cable and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for this idea. I have tried 2 dji cables but will now try using a trusted apple phone cable. Might be a few days but will let you know.
2020-9-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

malted muse Posted at 9-17 22:40
Thanks for this idea. I have tried 2 dji cables but will now try using a trusted apple phone cable. Might be a few days but will let you know.

Yup keep us posted
2020-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

malted muse Posted at 9-17 22:38
Thanks for the suggestion but I have tried in 4 different locations and all have been wide open spaces with no buildings or piwer lines or even high trees and all with good sats and in a national park. Thanks for the video but already seen it and always follow it

Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given us. May we know if the said DJI Drone had a hard landing before this issue happened? Thank you.
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-17 22:31

Good advice mate - that is often one of the reasons
2020-9-18
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-18 03:31
Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and for this information you have given us. May we know if the said DJI Drone had a hard landing before this issue happened? Thank you.

that's interesting.  I did take it up in the garden just to experiment with camera settings. When I did that I got a message saying imu back up so landed it and it did come down a little hard - but I do mean a little and onto a landing pad on grass,  Have not had any imu message since.
2020-9-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

A J Posted at 9-18 05:04
Good advice mate - that is often one of the reasons

Yup, happened to me very often while using the supplied cable.
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-18 17:10
Yup, happened to me very often while using the supplied cable.

2020-9-18
Use props
jmb63
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

After exhausting the Cable suggestion (use a good quality cable that is data and charging attachedto the bottom (USB "A" ) on the remote to your phone.) and deleting/reinstalling the app, download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to your computer and re-flash the firmware on the drone and remote. There are many, many how-tos and videos (even at the DJI site) that will explain how to do that.
After the cable and app re-install, re-flashing is the next step.
You will also see the option to downgrade there (in the DJI assistant) also but I think you would be better off try a re-flash of the current first....and don't forget to do the remote, also
2020-9-19
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 9-19 04:16
After exhausting the Cable suggestion (use a good quality cable that is data and charging attachedto the bottom (USB "A" ) on the remote to your phone.) and deleting/reinstalling the app, download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to your computer and re-flash the firmware on the drone and remote. There are many, many how-tos and videos (even at the DJI site) that will explain how to do that.
You will also see the option to downgrade there (in the DJI assistant) also but I think you would be better off try a re-flash of the current first....and don't forget to do the remote, also

This is all good stuff and I appreciate the help.
One more problem is that I only have one free day at the moment and it is blowing a gale where I am. So I will give all this a try but can't right now.  Didn't want anyone to think I had disappeared or wasn't grateful.
2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

malted muse Posted at 9-18 11:31
that's interesting.  I did take it up in the garden just to experiment with camera settings. When I did that I got a message saying imu back up so landed it and it did come down a little hard - but I do mean a little and onto a landing pad on grass,  Have not had any imu message since.

Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and for giving us this information. Since there was a hard landing that happened before and this unfortunate event happened, I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-21
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 23:00
Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and for giving us this information. Since there was a hard landing that happened before and this unfortunate event happened, I would recommend you to contact our DJI support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to check the said drone and will give out the best resolution for this issue. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for your reply - I will follow the link.
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

malted muse Posted at 9-22 12:36
Thank you for your reply - I will follow the link.

Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.
2020-9-24
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 22:41
Hi there malted muse. Thank you for the reply and you are very much welcome. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you.

Hi. I followed the link and had a reply from Kenneth O. I followed his advice - redownloaded mavic assistant 2, refreshed the drone firmware, calibrated imu and compass, reinstalled DJIGO4 and refreshed the remote.
I then tried to reply to his email from two different email addresses and hosts but both failed to send so have had to send a fresh email which I hope will get to him.
Jim.
2020-9-24
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-17 23:39
Yup keep us posted

confession time - it took me a while but tried it using an apple cable and the port didn't work.  Tried another cable and still nothing.  Then suddenly thought "maybe disconnect the dji cable" did that and it worked - hooray and what an idiot.
Sadly the weak signal problem continues.
Many thanks though.
2020-10-4
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Little update

I have since tried a few other things - all cables and ports checked, firmware on remote, app, drone and batteries all downgraded, tried, upgraded and refreshed (using Mavic assistant 2), sd card in - out and shaken all about.  IMU and compass calibrated but still gets weak signal at about 32m and not returning with any certainty until 16m but then still unstable.

I have also uploaded data log using assistant 2 and the only thing that seems different is the task library for waypoints has emptied - which is a pain as there were 2 long term projects I was using in there.

Looks like I will have to send it away for looking at but this may require saving some income as the pandemic has cut us down to just my income at the moment.

thanks everyone for your help.
2020-10-4
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 9-19 04:16
After exhausting the Cable suggestion (use a good quality cable that is data and charging attachedto the bottom (USB "A" ) on the remote to your phone.) and deleting/reinstalling the app, download DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic to your computer and re-flash the firmware on the drone and remote. There are many, many how-tos and videos (even at the DJI site) that will explain how to do that.

Thanks for the advice - have now tried it all but the problem remains.
2020-10-4
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

malted muse Posted at 10-4 07:30
confession time - it took me a while but tried it using an apple cable and the port didn't work.  Tried another cable and still nothing.  Then suddenly thought "maybe disconnect the dji cable" did that and it worked - hooray and what an idiot.
Sadly the weak signal problem continues.
Many thanks though.

I would have assumed that you had removed the side cable else the bottom USB port will not work, anyways glad you got that sorted
2020-10-4
Use props
malted muse
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just wondered if it would be worth trying a full reset to factory settings and if there would be any harm in that?

2020-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules