Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

It was on my local news yesterday.
I believe here in Michigan.
A medic helicopter was landing at  hospital landing pad when they spotted a Drone flying over the landing pad.
They landed the helicopter and jumped out and managed to grab the Drone.
It wad shown on my local news and you could see the whole event.
Something like this really pus a bad image for all of us and I hate to see that that happen.
If anyone dosent know there is a 5 mile no fly zone around restricted no fly zones. SO DONT DO IT.
We don't need bad poblicity like that. Stuff like that will only make laws for drones much worse.
Doug
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Crazy people destroy the hobby
2020-9-18
Use props
pbrowntv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 964596 ft
  • >>>
United States

Link to story. SMH

https://www.facebook.com/watch/l ... ref=watch_permalink
2020-9-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

pbrowntv Posted at 9-18 09:36
Link to story. SMH

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=353389899124332&ref=watch_permalink

Boy did that hurt us.
One stupid jerk can mess it up for all of us.
99.99.of use are responsible drone operators.
I have my name and phone number on my Mini.
Doug
2020-9-18
Use props
djiuser_jlXvtbqzCyHi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4725190 ft
Spain

Absolutely agree !!!
Some things should be clear,  not to do.....

.... and looks like it was a mini
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And people moan about DJI's geo fencing...
2020-9-18
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

not resgistred  , but i guess they can find the owner with the serial number because you need to acivate it with DJI first.
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

That WAS a mini
2020-9-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

With all the technology in these drones I’m sure all information about the drone is sent to DJI when you first start it up including IP address.
I wonder if the owner went and asked for his drone back. Lol.
I’m pretty sure the operator didn’t actually know the restrictions of a drone.
Doug
2020-9-18
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

Donut Posted at 9-18 10:45
With all the technology in these drones I’m sure all information about the drone is sent to DJI when you first start it up including IP address.
I wonder if the owner went and asked for his drone back. Lol.
I’m pretty sure the operator didn’t actually know the restrictions of a drone.

that would just say, HEY LOOK AT ME, I ALMOST BROKE YOUR COPTER!
2020-9-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

How does someone just grab it? Wasn't the operator even seeing all of this or was it out of range/control?
2020-9-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-18 19:49
How does someone just grab it? Wasn't the operator even seeing all of this or was it out of range/control?

One of them jumped up and grabbed it. No telling where the operator was but had to be close because of  all the buildings.
2020-9-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donut Posted at 9-18 19:52
One of them jumped up and grabbed it. No telling where the operator was but had to be close because of  all the buildings.

I saw that but the drone was much higher and then dropped just enough to be caught. Something doesn't make sense with that erratic flying. It may have been some child that got ahold of daddy's toy.
2020-9-18
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-18 19:49

A lot going on with the helicopter their and the drone operator can’t see them coming from the side or below to grab it. He probably lowered it for a better camera view.
2020-9-18
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

To be honest, all this news all of a sudden about drones on "Mainstream Media" makes me wonder if there is some other kind of agenda going off.
I have seen 2 serious news reports in the last 24Hrs from the united states where drones have been used (I wonder how long it will be before the U.K. has some drone issues), especially DJI ones with the look of the images, so it got me wondering, could the Governments & FAA/CAA have more rules and plans in place but need say more incidents that are serious like this with the medical heli-pad and the one that landed on the field of a local baseball team to make it so now maybe they can bring more rules and regulations to the hobby, i am all for safe flying and having to respect the rules, i don't know, it does make you wonder.

I know drones are in the news now and again but this has me wondering, is there something more at play here or something being pushed on us, like say, the public in general shouldnt be allowed to fly drones as a hobby and will need to literally get a full on pilots license to fly, if you know what i mean.

On another note WTF is wrong with these IDIOTS, they are really not thinking about the hobby and the implications this could have on it, so they cant be hobbyist's surely, you wouldnt want to get it looked at like this in a bad way/light, you would want to use your drone for doing something good with it, not being a complete moron and trying to fly too close to a Heli-Pad, it makes you wonder where the pilots head was at at the time i know that.
Peace Out
mark

2020-9-19
Use props
user193bfc82d9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4671995 ft
United States

"Model is 2-4-9 G"   WOW, what a genius !  
2020-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flaming Posted at 9-18 10:22
not resgistred  , but i guess they can find the owner with the serial number because you need to acivate it with DJI first.

May have been stolen
2020-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 9-19 01:41
To be honest, all this news all of a sudden about drones on "Mainstream Media" makes me wonder if there is some other kind of agenda going off.
I have seen 2 serious news reports in the last 24Hrs from the united states where drones have been used (I wonder how long it will be before the U.K. has some drone issues), especially DJI ones with the look of the images, so it got me wondering, could the Governments & FAA/CAA have more rules and plans in place but need say more incidents that are serious like this with the medical heli-pad and the one that landed on the field of a local baseball team to make it so now maybe they can bring more rules and regulations to the hobby, i am all for safe flying and having to respect the rules, i don't know, it does make you wonder.

I completely agree - the whole Gatwick fiasco in 2018 showed that. It's sad and totally bizarre but it seems little camera drones are becoming very political.
2020-9-19
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Stuff like this will always happen.   Someone in US  put one in center field of a MLB game last week.  
Game had to be stopped until it was removed.
2020-9-19
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I don't understand. My M2P can't fly inside a NFZ. DJI's geofencing won't allow it. I know this because my property is inside an airport NFZ, and I can't lift off. How did this person get his Mini to fly inside a hospital's landing pad NFZ?
2020-9-19
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 9-19 06:52
I don't understand. My M2P can't fly inside a NFZ. DJI's geofencing won't allow it. I know this because my property is inside an airport NFZ, and I can't lift off. How did this person get his Mini to fly inside a hospital's landing pad NFZ?

I could be wrong.
It is most likely not a controlled air space.
It could be a fly with caution air space.
I have a local grass airport and can fly my drone their with an observer and if there is any aircraft in the area I have land my drone.
Doug
2020-9-19
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

A helicopter landing pad at a hospital should be inside a NFZ. The Mini could not have entered this area. "The pilot jumped up and grabbed the Mini" which means it must have been very near the landing pad. I'd like to know how the Mini escaped being crunched by the blades of the helicopter as it landed, or at least escaped being slammed to the ground by the downwash of the blades. This didn't happen so I take it that the Mini was some distance from the landing pad, but close enough for the pilot to exit the helicopter, jump up and grab it after he landing. Still there is the question of how the Mini actually flew into the NFZ perimeter. Evidently the whole event was caught on video and appeared on the news. I'd like to see that tape.
2020-9-19
Use props
vortex19
lvl.4
United Kingdom

waltwblady.com Posted at 9-19 13:02
A helicopter landing pad at a hospital should be inside a NFZ. The Mini could not have entered this area. "The pilot jumped up and grabbed the Mini" which means it must have been very near the landing pad. I'd like to know how the Mini escaped being crunched by the blades of the helicopter as it landed, or at least escaped being slammed to the ground by the downwash of the blades. This didn't happen so I take it that the Mini was some distance from the landing pad, but close enough for the pilot to exit the helicopter, jump up and grab it after he landing. Still there is the question of how the Mini actually flew into the NFZ perimeter. Evidently the whole event was caught on video and appeared on the news. I'd like to see that tape.

Did you watch the footage linked in post #4?
2020-9-19
Use props
waltwblady.com
lvl.4
Canada

I just watched it.

I didn't actually see a drone in the footage. Too small I guess. The only way the Mini could have flown that close to the landing pads was if DJI's Fly Safe Geofencing missed this area in its NFZ data. Anyway, morons will always be on the loose. There's no protection against them without penalizing everone.
2020-9-19
Use props
Planner68
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1194662 ft
United States

Yeah, this hurts the hobby.  I have to wonder though, why didn't the Mini's pilot fly away.  He/she had to see the helicopter's aircrewman going towards it.
2020-9-19
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 9-19 13:02
A helicopter landing pad at a hospital should be inside a NFZ. The Mini could not have entered this area. "The pilot jumped up and grabbed the Mini" which means it must have been very near the landing pad. I'd like to know how the Mini escaped being crunched by the blades of the helicopter as it landed, or at least escaped being slammed to the ground by the downwash of the blades. This didn't happen so I take it that the Mini was some distance from the landing pad, but close enough for the pilot to exit the helicopter, jump up and grab it after he landing. Still there is the question of how the Mini actually flew into the NFZ perimeter. Evidently the whole event was caught on video and appeared on the news. I'd like to see that tape.

It shows on the video , you can see the drone.
I think only controlled (tower) no fly zones are the ones that are blocked.
I have one near me and it only a mile from a hospital helicopter landing pad.
I can fly at the local municipal airport.  But we have to be careful because if there are any plains in the area of the airport we have to put the drone down. Also we have to have an observer.
The area was not a controlled restricted area. But the drone pilot was totally wrong.
Their are two levels below restricted area that can be flown in.
Doug
2020-9-19
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

waltwblady.com Posted at 9-19 17:23
I just watched it.

I didn't actually see a drone in the footage. Too small I guess. The only way the Mini could have flown that close to the landing pads was if DJI's Fly Safe Geofencing missed this area in its NFZ data. Anyway, morons will always be on the loose. There's no protection against them without penalizing everone.

I think only regulated controlled fly space are fly zones are and  blocked by gps.
In my ares there is a RC club that flys all the time at the local municipal airport only a mile away from a hospital helicopter landing pad.
Flying their is not restricted. But all aircraft have the right of way.
Doug
2020-9-19
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-19 06:09
I completely agree - the whole Gatwick fiasco in 2018 showed that. It's sad and totally bizarre but it seems little camera drones are becoming very political.

Oh yeah, i remember that debacle, didn't they say in the uk news that they had brought in a trained military sniper to shoot any drones down, you could imagine the headline, military sniper takes down drown along with member of public 600 feet behind the drone lol. I think they also had some kind of jamming equipment that never really worked either, either way it does seem that drones and the hobby in general is getting a lot of political spot lighting lately.
2020-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 9-20 09:01
Oh yeah, i remember that debacle, didn't they say in the uk news that they had brought in a trained military sniper to shoot any drones down, you could imagine the headline, military sniper takes down drown along with member of public 600 feet behind the drone lol. I think they also had some kind of jamming equipment that never really worked either, either way it does seem that drones and the hobby in general is getting a lot of political spot lighting lately.

And no drone or drone pilot was ever found
2020-9-20
Use props
mark117h
Second Officer
United Kingdom

A J Posted at 9-20 09:26
And no drone or drone pilot was ever found

Hi AJ, you are right, i can remember it pretty well, however they never did find anyone did they, i think the most that they got was a drone controller near to the perimeter fence of one of the airports, that is all i can remember about it because as quick as they was to get it all over the UK news networks, it did not take long for it to disappear either, i suppose that is politics in a nutshell lol.
2020-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mark117h Posted at 9-20 11:10
Hi AJ, you are right, i can remember it pretty well, however they never did find anyone did they, i think the most that they got was a drone controller near to the perimeter fence of one of the airports, that is all i can remember about it because as quick as they was to get it all over the UK news networks, it did not take long for it to disappear either, i suppose that is politics in a nutshell lol.

Exactly. The sad thing is that a week later they caught a model aircraft pilot flying an RC place close to Heathrow airport yet that never even made the headlines. I think the whole Gatwick thing was staged to bring about the UK registration laws which of course came into force in Nov last year and the UK government have made tens of millions out of it! I've registered and nobody has ever asked to see my operator ID. I have no idea what the issue is that the media have with drones.
2020-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this sad information here at DJI Forum. Let us all please be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones to avoid any unwanted incident and to avoid hurting others. This is a sad news for the drone community and again let us all fly safe always.
2020-9-20
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-20 19:10
Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this sad information here at DJI Forum. Let us all please be responsible for using our drones and abide by our local policies, rules and regulations when in terms of flying or using our drones to avoid any unwanted incident and to avoid hurting others. This is a sad news for the drone community and again let us all fly safe always.

Thanks you. That is exactly why I posted it. I was upset because it hurts all of us.Doug

2020-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Donut Posted at 9-20 19:25
Thanks you. That is exactly why I posted it. I was upset because it hurts all of us.Doug

Hi there Donut. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-22
Use props
The Duck
lvl.4
United States

I don't click on anything Facebook, so I found another link.

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/aero-med-avoids-crash-with-drone-at-butterworth-hospital

This looks staged
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-20 19:10

Definitely, no point in endangering other with the hobby, and getting it banned
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

The Duck Posted at 9-23 05:53
I don't click on anything Facebook, so I found another link.

https://www.fox17online.com/news/local-news/grand-rapids/aero-med-avoids-crash-with-drone-at-butterworth-hospital

Yes, how do you catch a mini like that? Ive seen experienced pilots cut their hands badly on the props.
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 9-20 11:23
Exactly. The sad thing is that a week later they caught a model aircraft pilot flying an RC place close to Heathrow airport yet that never even made the headlines. I think the whole Gatwick thing was staged to bring about the UK registration laws which of course came into force in Nov last year and the UK government have made tens of millions out of it! I've registered and nobody has ever asked to see my operator ID. I have no idea what the issue is that the media have with drones.

Very sad, whatever gets clicks.
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amir_KING Posted at 9-23 06:20
Very sad, whatever gets clicks.

Nothing to do with clicks - just an idiot breaking the law
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 9-23 06:26
Nothing to do with clicks - just an idiot breaking the law

But i have seen many cases of apperant “drone attack” but it was a bird or millitary device.
2020-9-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules