Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
amir_KING
First Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

A J Posted at 9-23 06:26
Nothing to do with clicks - just an idiot breaking the law

But, that was UNACCEPTABLE behavior. I just dont know how he caught it.
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amir_KING Posted at 9-23 06:29
But i have seen many cases of apperant “drone attack” but it was a bird or millitary device.

Oh yes, plenty of that around!
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amir_KING Posted at 9-23 06:30
But, that was UNACCEPTABLE behavior. I just dont know how he caught it.

Some people are simply ignorant and unaware of the laws and clearly have no common sense. It's unfortunate that the rest of us seem to be tarnished with the same brush. Very stereotypical little world we live in.
2020-9-23
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

A J Posted at 9-23 06:32
Some people are simply ignorant and unaware of the laws and clearly have no common sense. It's unfortunate that the rest of us seem to be tarnished with the same brush. Very stereotypical little world we live in.

Yes, the people that dont care break the hobby, and the people that care get affected.
2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

amir_KING Posted at 9-23 06:35
Yes, the people that dont care break the hobby, and the people that care get affected.

Nail on the head
2020-9-23
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

mark117h Posted at 9-19 01:41
To be honest, all this news all of a sudden about drones on "Mainstream Media" makes me wonder if there is some other kind of agenda going off.
I have seen 2 serious news reports in the last 24Hrs from the united states where drones have been used (I wonder how long it will be before the U.K. has some drone issues), especially DJI ones with the look of the images, so it got me wondering, could the Governments & FAA/CAA have more rules and plans in place but need say more incidents that are serious like this with the medical heli-pad and the one that landed on the field of a local baseball team to make it so now maybe they can bring more rules and regulations to the hobby, i am all for safe flying and having to respect the rules, i don't know, it does make you wonder.

This has been an issue with the buy it, open the box, charge it, and go fly.
Any idjut can do that.
Used to be you had to BUILD the darn thing, and that, IMHO weeded out the"chaff"....
2020-9-23
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

does anyone else think it is fishy that the camera changes, then the pilot comes from the other side, then drone drops down almost directly into the hands of the piolt? If I were trying to catch or stop a drone I would have a net or baseball bat!
2020-9-23
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

videoeditman Posted at 9-23 16:57
does anyone else think it is fishy that the camera changes, then the pilot comes from the other side, then drone drops down almost directly into the hands of the piolt? If I were trying to catch or stop a drone I would have a net or baseball bat!

It happened to fast.
Na. They jump out of the helicopter and ran to the drone and if you are fast enough you can grab it.
That can easily be done and most likely the person that grabbed it has flown drones.

2020-9-23
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

I believe it is not a 5 mile zone.
It is a warning zone or an advanced warning zone.
Restricted are those that’s have a controlled air space controlled by a manned tower.
I have a landing pad at two hospitals nerve me and they are in light orange which is aloud to fly in those areas. But you have to give way to any aircraft. Basically you have to put the drone down.
Don’t ever get near any aircraft. You don’t want anyone hurt. And absolutely YES a small drone like a minim can take a plane down..
It could have been an accident or s stupid drone pilot might have wanted to get a face to face shot and not even have known he was doing something wrong. No I’m not defending whoever it was.
I don’t think any drone could be controlled by the blade wash from the helicopter. Thats just scary and could get someone killed. So just don’t do it.
Doug
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

amir_KING Posted at 9-23 06:17
Definitely, no point in endangering other with the hobby, and getting it banned

Hi there amir_KING. Thank you for the reply and you are definitely correct. Please check local policies and regulations before flying your DJI Drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-24
Use props
Woodbane
lvl.1

United States

Maybe I don't understand the technology at play with NFZ's and geofencing but I thought that a drone couldn't actually enter an NFZ in the first place?

Like if you were in a NFZ and tried to take off it just wouldn't let you and if you somehow took off from outside a NFZ and then flew in to it you'd get some some sort of warning on screen followed by a forced landing if you didn't immediately leave the area.

New drone owner here so sorry I'm miles off base with my understanding.
2020-9-25
Use props
Kessler
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Crazy. I wonder what the owner tried to achieve and why he just let it hover there. Aren't flight data shared with DJI so they can investigate who flew it? And aren't they allowed to share this info with law enforcement?
2020-9-25
Use props
MoonDoggie59
lvl.3
United States

I agree bad press and stupid actions give us all a bad reputation.
The answer to the question of how were they able to fly there is found on the DJI unlock map.
As you can see the hospital is in a "warning zone" which means the pilot will be warned and prompted to accept responsibility but still allowed to fly there. Not "Authorization" or "Resticted" zone.

2020-9-25
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 23:10
Hi there amir_KING. Thank you for the reply and you are definitely correct. Please check local policies and regulations before flying your DJI Drone. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

2020-9-25
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
Second Officer
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Very dangerous for people too and especially this helicopter...
2020-9-26
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn Posted at 9-26 06:20
Very dangerous for people too and especially this helicopter...

2020-9-26
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

pbrowntv Posted at 9-18 09:36
Link to story. SMH

https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=353389899124332&ref=watch_permalink

Mavic Mini doesn't require registration.  It's a novice beginner drone.  No doubt they have no idea most like.
2020-9-29
Use props
amir_KING
First Officer
United States

AntDX316 Posted at 9-29 12:30
Mavic Mini doesn't require registration.  It's a novice beginner drone.  No doubt they have no idea most like.

Thats not a good excuse though....
2020-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

amir_KING Posted at 9-30 09:17
Thats not a good excuse though....

It wasn't meant to be one.
2020-9-30