what is best software for running waypoint missions?
1857 11 2020-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

Hi all,

Which software is the best for flying repeated Waypoint missions with a Mavic 2 Pro or Zoom?

Does Litchi work with the current Mavic 2 (Pro or Zoom) firmware?

I'd lke to be able to import Waypoint missions created in Google Earth.

There must be no bugs or random issues. It must be reliable.

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

2020-9-18
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Would recommend Litchi for doing that, so far has been very stable on my Zoom
2020-9-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely recommend litchi for wp missions
2020-9-18
Use props
Fantomgep
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30594 ft
  • >>>
Hungary

The best sw for waypoint missions is the DJI Ground Station Pro.  (Only available on IPAD). The sw is phenomenal, rock solid and optimized for DJI drones. The normal use is free.
The app supports the offline mission planning and  performing "out of the range" full autonomous waypoint missons.
2020-9-19
Use props
fansd45eafc7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1414160 ft
Poland

Fantomgep Posted at 9-19 02:23
The best sw for waypoint missions is the DJI Ground Station Pro.  (Only available on IPAD). The sw is phenomenal, rock solid and optimized for DJI drones. The normal use is free.
The app supports the offline mission planning and  performing "out of the range" full autonomous waypoint missons.

Litchi and Dji GS not work with mavic air 2 yet. Dji need to relase SDK first i think. Qiestion is when they do that.
2020-9-19
Use props
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

Planned a mission in Mission Hub that has 7 waypoints and stop at each corner of a rectangle, including two midpoints on the long side and a final waypoint at the starting point to "close the box".

Went out and attempted to fly it. It loaded and then complained that some waypoints are too close together.

I ended up deleting the last 4 way points, leaving 3 along one side of the rectangle with about 400 ft between the middle point and each end point. See image below.

So, question

1 what is the minimum distance between two waypoints?

2 Was the problem that WP 1 and WP 7 were at the same location?

Or was it that the short side of the rectangle is ~100 ft?

3 Is there a list of things NOT to do when defining a mission? I am unable to find such a list.

I want to figure out how to reliably create these missions so I can go out on a gig and have zero issues crop up.

I have yet to talk in detail with the client about their needs, so I am not sure where else I may run into an unforeseen error message.

Thank you for any ideas you may have and for your time in reading and replying.

2020-9-19
Use props
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

delete

delete

this BBS software sux

2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there flyflyawayhome. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. Since this is a 3rd party application I hope that you will get the best information from our fellow DJI co pilots on what application they are using. Just a reminder that since this is a 3rd party application. DJI does not recommend for you to your 3rd party application when flying your DJI Drones. These 3rd party applications might affect the said DJI drone when in use. There is a possibility that these 3rd party applications will be able work. However, since it's not tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-9-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

flyflyawayhome Posted at 9-19 12:09
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

Planned a mission in Mission Hub that has 7 waypoints and stop at each corner of a rectangle, including two midpoints on the long side and a final waypoint at the starting point to "close the box".
Was the problem that WP 1 and WP 7 were at the same location?
There's no issue with waypoints 100 ft apart.

I want to figure out how to reliably create these missions so I can go out on a gig and have zero issues crop up.

Then you'll have to get experience plotting and flying some practice missions.
Start small and basic.

I have yet to talk in detail with the client about their needs, so I am not sure where else I may run into an unforeseen error message.
What do you think you'll be doing that you need Litchi for?

2020-9-20
Use props
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

Labroides Posted at 9-20 20:29
Was the problem that WP 1 and WP 7 were at the same location?
There's no issue with waypoints 100 ft apart.

Upon closer reading of the litchi user guide I found this:  Important The 3D distance between consecutive waypoints must be between 0.6m and 1999m.

I'll do further testing on my own and again after client meeting.
2020-9-20
Use props
flyflyawayhome
Second Officer

United States

this BBS software sux. I get no feedback that a post or reply has been sent and oftern send it twice or more.
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules