Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent White Frames / Flashes In Mavic 2 Pro Footage
2676 16 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Azz3879
lvl.2
Flight distance : 27890 ft
United States

As you can see in this is a short clip, whenever flying or recording and I make movements that are anything more than slow and gentle (in this instance a fast descent) there are white frames that display on the monitor while flying and appear in my recordings, you'll see two of them in this video. When I lay the footage down on a video editing timeline, the white clips last for one frame each.

I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this:

Thank you!
2020-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is this footage from the SD card?
2020-9-19
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 9-19 10:00
Is this footage from the SD card?

That is correct, this is footage captured on the SD card.
2020-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Azz3879 Posted at 9-19 10:08
That is correct, this is footage captured on the SD card.

Wow. Never saw that before here.
What you might try.
- Another SD card
- Another resolution
- Another framerate
- Another picture profile.
2020-9-19
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

First I've seen that - will be good to know the cause
2020-9-19
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the suggestion Montfrooij, I hope to give it a run in the coming days to see if I can determine what is causing the issue.
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 after completing this step please reset the camera settings to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-22
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-22 08:05
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic 2 Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 after completing this step please reset the camera settings to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Have you read about this problem before?
2020-9-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you tried recording to internal storage?
2020-9-23
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-23 00:54
Have you tried recording to internal storage?

I have not, but that's a great idea that I will have to try.
2020-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Azz3879 Posted at 9-24 07:14
I have not, but that's a great idea that I will have to try.

That should rule out the SD card and the interface.
2020-9-25
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-22 08:05

Hello again, I have tried each of the suggestions above including yours, none have remedied the white flashes I am experiencing.

I suspect there is a loose ribbon cable within the gimbal, as the white flashing only occurs when I am maneuvering aggressively or descending rapidly while flying, or when calibrating the gimbal, specifically when the gimbal rotates from left to right. Other than those situations the camera and gimbal perform flawlessly, and the gimbal calibration is successful each time that it is preformed.

With the thought that a ribbon cable might need to be replaced, I sent my drone to Dominion Drones LLC which I found through the DJI Service Centers page. Today they informed me that the gimbal is not serviceable, that DJI does not provide repair parts for the gimbal and I must replace the gimbal and camera. That seems extraordinary as parts for the gimbal are listed on the DJI Repair Component Price Inquiry page.

The want me to replace the camera and the gimbal for $799.00. For such a minor issue, this seems like they are attempting to remedy the problem by just replacing the part, instead of attempting to investigate and repair the actual problem.

Can you please answer these two questions:

#1 - Are there parts on the gimbal that are repairable?

#2 - Are gimbal parts made available to third party repair stores listed on the DJI Service Centers page?

Thank you!
2020-11-5
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

This problem ultimately required my Camera Sensor and the Gimbal Control Board being replaced with used parts. The service was performed by Dominion Drones of Virginia Beach.

After contacting three different businesses that repaired DJI drones and speaking with customer service representatives as well as a customer service agent at DJI in Los Angeles, these were my takeaways

- DJI does not make gimbal and or camera parts available to any third parties, authorized or not. They do make the gimbal / camera units as a whole available to authorized repair centers, and those units cost about $600 to $650.

- As a result of this, if you suspect your camera or gimbal can be fixed without replacing the entire camera and gimbal, it is best to send your drone in to DJI directly, but even when you send your drone in under those conditions it is more cost effective, ie less labor intensive, for DJI to just replace the entire gimbal / camera unit than it is to repair the units unique disfunction.

- With that said, I was told by a DJI representative who contacted me over the phone after he read my post on the DJI forums, that while DJI is likely to replace the entire gimbal / camera unit, they do take into account how damaged the unit is, and will pro-rate the replacement of that unit accordingly. For example, he suspected that the "repair" costs for the problem I was experiencing would likely be about $350, even though they would very likely be replacing the entire gimbal / camera unit.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_gcFiKsSXz17u
lvl.1
Spain

Hello my friends:
My experience with this blinking, I'm using the drone just for topographical or survey jobs, have around 15 jobs and the last week Ihad a lot problems before to fly a ejecute the fly plan. Latter in home I could see the problem.

I had a white screens... I was looking for information and I found you. The last post "change the gimbals cables" I bought the cables the gimbal and the conection between gimbal and camera, And I prepare "the cirujy table".

I take out the first 2 screw and one light on in my head..... Could be the conection cable between gimbal and the drone make a bad connection because could move with vibrations? Let's go to try... I take my rubber pen and push in the conection cable with his plug and the other beside it to, push in.
Next, I take the control and switch on and power on the dron and the problem is gone.

I hope the solution at your problem or the cause of your white screen will be fixed as simple as mine.

(SORRY ABOUT MY ENGLISH, i TRIED MY BEST)
2023-8-5
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_gcFiKsSXz17u Posted at 8-5 05:21
Hello my friends:
My experience with this blinking, I'm using the drone just for topographical or survey jobs, have around 15 jobs and the last week Ihad a lot problems before to fly a ejecute the fly plan. Latter in home I could see the problem.

Hey @djiuser_gcFiKsSXz17u thank you for taking the time to share your experience! That's quite helpful. Where were you able to purchase the cables? The drone repair shop I took my drone told me that DJI does not sell any repair parts. I also suspect there may have been a deeper issue with my ribbon cable as the drone repair shop promised me that there they would not be able to fix the issue without replacing the entire camera. I hope that they tried pushing in the cable first! ( :

Also, while I was able to decipher your message, using ChatGPT was quite helpful in making it a bit more clear from me. Here is ChatGPT's interpretation in case others are looking for more insight.

Hello, friends,

I want to share my experience with a problem I had with my drone. I've been using the drone for topographical or survey jobs and have completed around 15 jobs so far. However, last week, I encountered several issues before flying and executing the flight plan. When I returned home, I was able to identify the problem: I was seeing white screens on the controller or interface.

While searching for information, I found a suggestion in a post about changing the gimbal cables. So I bought the necessary cables, gimbal, and the connection between the gimbal and the camera, and prepared to make the repairs.

When I began to remove the screws, I had an idea that the connection cable between the gimbal and the drone might be causing a bad connection due to vibrations. I decided to try pushing in the connection cable with its plug using a rubber pen, as well as the one beside it.

After that, I switched on the controller and powered on the drone, and the problem was resolved.

I hope my solution helps you with your problem, or that you can fix the cause of your white screen issue as simply as I did.

(Please excuse my English; I tried my best to convey my experience.)
2023-8-5
Use props
Azz3879
lvl.2
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-5 11:05
Funny my most recent fireworks video with a Mini 3 Pro had this happen.  Just a single white frame in the middle of recording.  First & only time I have every had that happen so I just chalked it up to video gremlin.

If it begins to happy often, you'll now have a way to see if you can fix it!
2023-8-5
Use props
djiuser_1OgNNbSAt6ft
New

Italy

I know that this is an old thread but it just might be helpful to somone like me who just got a mavic 2 pro.
So long story short i bought a crashed mavic 2 pro and repaired it by simply changing the cable that runs from the camera to the gimbal main board (the PTZ cable) and everything was working perfectly, except that the camera was flashing white every now and then, it was not evry second or in sync with the flashing of the drone's leds so i tought that an intermittent fault like this one could derive from a faulty connection and i tried everything but nothing worked.
So for the solution that eventually worked for me, thinking about the white frames i tought that it might be an interference problem or a bandwidth one so i tried lowering the resolution so that the cable would have less data to put trough and that worked.
I went from 4k 30fps full FOV to 4k 30fps HQ.
hope this one helps.
(Btw sorry for the poor english but i'm Italian)
2023-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules