Don't buy the Mavic Mini
906 2 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
h.escajadillo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136165 ft
Mexico

I bought a Mavic Mini and went back home super excited to test it. I flew it straight up and started losing connection at around 60ft. The aircraft suddenly plummeted to the ground and crashed in front of me.

I contacted DJI support and sent them everything they asked for. They finally decided that the aircraft was faulty and that it would be fixed under warranty.

My case ID is CAS-4633703-G7C7D5

FLY 006 SN:  1SDLGB610402MV  Incident date: 06/30 2020
1. The aircraft was working in GPS mode;

2.T=451 s H=24.7 m D=1.1 m The RC's connection lost in a short distance;

3.T=715 s H=1.7 m  D=2.7 m the aircraft lost altitude and crashed due to propulsion error;

The issue is that they told me to send it back to China (I'm in Mexico), but that they didn't recommend this since there are some strict customs in my country. (they  asked me if I didn't have an address in Singapore or the UAE so they could ship it over there... )

In any case, the story is as following:

1. I buy an aircraft
2. It crashes on the first flight
3. I can't use the aircraft anymore
4. DJI recognizes the aircraft is faulty
5. I need to send the aircraft to China and they don't give me any other information
6. In any case, I need to pay the shipping or figure out how to do that.
7. Bottom line, I bought something that doesn't work, I can't use it, and DJI does not provide any solution for me.

I think this is just not fair for me. I lost money I worked hard for, and you guys are not giving me any option to replace the product. The seller tells me to handle all the issues directly with you and I'm stuck on a loophole where the only one who loses is me.

DJI and its customer service is the worst experience I've had in a long time.

2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi h.escajadillo, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Your case has been forwarded to the related team to follow up, we'll do our best to assist, kindly please wait for the email update, thanks.
2020-9-19
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

Honestly, I'm facing the same problem as you did and its extremely frustrating when my mavic mini was less than 2 metres away from me and my controller and simply loss control right in front of me but I'm luckier than you as it didn't crashed just yet and I couldn't afford to wait until the same fateful event happen on me..
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules