OM4 Magnet and electronics, cameras, phone circuity
1828 2 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

NOt sure if this has been asked, but its probably something people have been wondering. Is the OM4s magnet going to hurt or damage electronics when its in close or touch promixity to it? Like near an action camera, cellphone, power bank, on the gimbal attaching side of the magnetic mounts, not the phone resting side?
2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, all magnetic products have magnetic force. We recommend that you separate the Osmo Mobile 4 gimbal from your bank cards, pacemakers, RAM chips, and hard drives.
As for the mobile phones, the Osmo Mobile 4 is designed with special closed magnetic circuits, which will not affect the performance of mobile phones. Some mobile phones may prompt "Compass calibration required" because the compass angle changes due to the magnetic force. You can use your mobile phone normally after calibrating the phone compass.
2020-9-20
Use props
edbjr888
lvl.2
Flight distance : 381447 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-20 01:59
Hi there, all magnetic products have magnetic force. We recommend that you separate the Osmo Mobile 4 gimbal from your bank cards, pacemakers, RAM chips, and hard drives.
As for the mobile phones, the Osmo Mobile 4 is designed with special closed magnetic circuits, which will not affect the performance of mobile phones. Some mobile phones may prompt "Compass calibration required" because the compass angle changes due to the magnetic force. You can use your mobile phone normally after calibrating the phone compass.

Thanks for the reply

but in my situation, the gimbal is folded down and in its soft case, stuffed into my camera bag. Can I put a small cellphone or say retro gaming device or PSP on top of it so thats its flat on top of the folded OM4 like in this picture? ?
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules