Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
lost Mavic2 - RTH behaviour
882 5 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

hi

a few days ago we went hiking in the mountains. I took the oportunity to fly my Mavic2 over a peak. The terrain on the other side of the peak is drops almost vertical about 100m before it gets less and less steep. The mavic was flying a bit above the peak when I got the popup on the remote about returning home cuz of the remaining battery (I think 20%). I was about to select ´no´ when I suddenly lost connection. When I looked towards the peak I couldnt make out the Mavic anwhere. What happend?

one possiblity of course is, that something failed right when it was above the peak and the Mavic crashed at least 100m onto nothing but rocks.
another possibility is, that it tried to return to home and eventually to land after having lost connection. The coming home altitude is set to 50m. Since the Mavic was at 200m above takeoff point, it may have tried to decent 150m. What happends if during decent it got closer and closer to the rock? Would it have flown backwards?

The terrain on the other side is pretty difficult to access. If I dont have at least an idea what could have happend, I am pretty much lost.
Untitled.png
2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, I'm sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.
2020-9-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
2020-9-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read of your loss
2020-9-20
Use props
Bugger
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-20 00:16
Hi there, I'm sorry for your loss, if the drone is still under warranty, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket for the data analysis, we will help to check what happened and provide the proper resolution.

thank you Natalia. A few days ago I was able to find the Mavic, apparently it had crashed

the Mavic is still under warranty. I did write to the support and I am waiting now for further instructions from them.
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Bugger Posted at 9-27 12:57
thank you Natalia. A few days ago I was able to find the Mavic, apparently it had crashed

the Mavic is still under warranty. I did write to the support and I am waiting now for further instructions from them.

Sorry for the late response.  Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let me know.
2020-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules