Mavic mini magnetic interference impact
1198 5 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
anubhab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 879547 ft

India

Hi want to know whats the recommendation on flying mavic min in places where there are power grids/ power lines , telephone towers etc.

Does it have any impact?

Also does highly dense area where people use wifi impact performance?

Well i had uncommanded descent issue with my mini so dont want to risk it..

Also is it safe to fly over water? as i have seen many minis take a swim..

Please let me know your thoughts
2020-9-19
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,
My experience as follows;

power grids/ power lines - no problems
telephone towers etc. - no problems
Also does highly dense area where people use wifi impact performance? - yes, too many wifi signals could have effect on the RC<>drone transmission/range

Uncommanded Descent - uh!  that is a serious problem!  What did you do after your UD?
Also is it safe to fly over water? - no problem (safer fly because most of the times less obstacles.... , safe, but don`t fly too low, be careful when hovering over streaming water)

cheers
JJB

2020-9-20
Use props
anubhab
lvl.2
Flight distance : 879547 ft

India

JJB* Posted at 9-20 00:13
Hi,
My experience as follows;

Dji s response was very unsatisfactory they told due to magnetic interference & suggested changing the props
After that i dont trust my mini and in water never

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=213045&mobile=2&page=2
2020-9-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

anubhab Posted at 9-20 00:24
Dji s response was very unsatisfactory they told due to magnetic interference & suggested changing the props
After that i dont trust my mini and in water never

oke,

if fly many times my MM  (had once on the old firmware a UD), no problems anymore, flying even in strong winds. Fly a lot above water too.

But i you don`t trust your MM, sell it and buy a MA2.

cheers
JJB
2020-9-20
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

As a newbie as I am, always choose an open area to fly, even get the DJI care refresh, I never dare to fly it near above the water
2020-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there anubhab. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. Please be mindful of the location where steel structures and concrete slabs are located when flying. These power grids/ power lines can caused signal interference when flying your DJI drone.  In addition, I will post link where in you can check some DJI Guides on How to Fly Safely Over Water ( https://store.dji.com/guides/how-to-fly-safely-over-water/ ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-9-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules