Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is possible to Pause just the Roll Motor and Lock it?
2613 5 2020-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barramundi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 128 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have my Ronin SC mostly for Panoramas (using the Ronin App) where the Gimbal is sitting steady on a Tripod (using Panning and Tilting) but no needing Rolling.
I tried to Lock just the Roll Axis with the Switch but this Gimbal will turn itself off when any of the Axis is locked.

Finding a way to Lock and Pause the Roll axis motor, will make it much easier to align the Camera/Lens around the Nodal point without needing counterweights and saving the need to balance the Roll axis as well.

So, any ideas how to Pause and Lock the Roll Motor?
Thanks in Advance.

2020-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there, you can set this in the Ronin APP-User Profile and select Pan & Tilt follow on any Mode (M), or you can also check the 'Control' setting on the bottom and select the axis reflection on the channel (CH).

Let me know if you have further questions on this case, thanks.
2020-9-20
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thanks but nope, that did not work.
I need to be able to lock the Roll axis with the switch, therefore the Roll Motor has to be turned off.
After trying your settings and locking the Roll Axis with the arm switch, the Ronin SC started to shake since the Roll motor remains active.

Looks like the Ronin App can not Pause the Motors individually which would be useful when the Gimbal is set on a Tripod.
Would be nice to have Three toggles in the App to Pause the Tilt, Roll and Pan Motor separately, that is what I'm looking for.

Or at least have the Roll Motor Paused automatically when using the Panorama function.

2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Barramundi Posted at 9-21 04:59
Thanks but nope, that did not work.
I need to be able to lock the Roll axis with the switch, therefore the Roll Motor has to be turned off.
After trying your settings and locking the Roll Axis with the arm switch, the Ronin SC started to shake since the Roll motor remains active.

Hello, we do not support pause the single axis on the Ronin App currently. I will forward your request to our develop team for the future updates.
For the Panorama function, the Roll axis will not affect the result of shooting. If you experience any issues on this function, please let us know, thank you.
2020-9-22
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you Wanda.
I hope they do it since it looks like a very simple Feature to implement yet very useful.
2020-9-27
Use props
Barramundi
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2 years later, I upgraded to the Ronin SC2, yet nothing.
Pausing just the Roll motor would be so much easier to make panoramas with nodal point aligned since users would only need to balancing tilt.
Has this been added yet ?
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules