how to erase firmware?
3638 18 2015-6-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
newact1
Second Officer

Canada

hi - how can you 'erase' firmware, and go to a previous version? I agree with some people I don't 'trust' the new version, seems to have errors/etc...

2015-6-23
Use props
JtrJr-UAV Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4341 ft
United States

New,

No can do my friend. You cannot revert to a previous version of the firmware. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Jerry
2015-6-23
Use props
newact1
Second Officer

Canada

must be a way to do it. it's software afterall... so... anyone else have suggestions?
2015-6-23
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

The version recognition firmware on the P3 will not allow you to revert to a prior version.  Sorry.
2015-6-23
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

240,000 volts. I've seen Robocop do it in the sequel. He gets zero primary directives.
2015-6-23
Use props
toddstevenson
lvl.2

United States

It's not called vacillatingware...its FIRMware.  
2015-6-24
Use props
SULTAN This user has been deleted
Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-24
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

JtrJr-UAV Pilot Posted at 2015-6-24 13:55
New,

No can do my friend. You cannot revert to a previous version of the firmware. It's unfortunate ...

Maybe we could - where's Professor Peabody when we really need him?
2015-6-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

SULTAN Posted at 2015-6-24 18:58
Hi Tahoe_Ed,

What about the SDK developers?!  I believe the SDK developers do have the option to t ...

I have tried it but was not successful.  I am on the consumer side not the developer side right now.  
2015-6-24
Use props
Fulgerite
lvl.4

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-24 14:33
The version recognition firmware on the P3 will not allow you to revert to a prior version.  Sorry.

Please REMOVE the version recognition feature.  There is no need for it.

Just let firmware instal.  

This way you can instal any firmware version.

There is absolutely NO REASON to have a version recognition feature.
Right now you have thousands of angry customers that upgraded to 1.2.6 - 1.2.8 and are experiencing severe issues with VPS and other issues.  The version regognition feature is PREVENTING your customers from being able to revert to 1.1.9 which was working OK for them.  Why BLOCK customers from being able to install an older version?  Why not if it was working before?  All this version regognition feature is doing is preventing owners from flying right now.
2015-6-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Fulgerite Posted at 2015-6-25 04:04
Please REMOVE the version recognition feature.  There is no need for it.

Just let firmware instal. ...

I understand your frustration, however this is the company policy and as of today it is not going to change.  You have the option right now not to upgrade, if you choose that then it is your choice.
2015-6-24
Use props
gareth.cleworth
lvl.1

New Zealand

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-25 05:06
I understand your frustration, however this is the company policy and as of today it is not going  ...

Shit happens, i'm sure DJI are working hard on a solution, for now i am leaving my P3P grounded.

Tahoe Ed, Is there any chance of an ETA on a patch for the new firmware?
2015-6-24
Use props
Thommo
lvl.1

Australia

Couldn't an SDK dev just put a "new" version number in a "new" firmware that just happens to have "very similar" code as an old release?
2015-6-24
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thommo Posted at 2015-6-25 08:56
Couldn't an SDK dev just put a "new" version number in a "new" firmware that just happens to have "v ...

That sounds easy enough. However, I'm wondering what problems might pop up from rolling back to an old release (if it even was possible). If anything, it seems wiping the firmware completely and installing it from scratch would be safest since we know going forward works for sure.  I'm guessing DJI hasn't tested going backward though.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-6-24
Use props
great.day
lvl.2

United States

Temporary fix.

I sandwiched one of those ice cold freezer gel cool packs between the tab/phone cradle and my sumsung tab.  

It was the first app crash free flight since 1.1.8.   No lag . . . Finally!

It kept it cool.  Only drawback is that it was very humid at my location in Florida today - Condensation from my tab and the gel pack produced a lot a condensation (screen fogging up) - dripping from the tab and the gel pack onto the controller and myself.  Be sure to have paper towels on hand and appropriately dispersed.

When are we going to see a fix?  It's been over a month now for me since updating from 1.1.8. How about some helpful communication from customer service?  Correspondence via email leaves a lot to be desired and 85 minutes plus in the queue to talk to someone is a problem.

I've been in retail, wholesale and manufacturing for almost 40 years.  When a customer has an issue with a product, an attempt to acknowledge it normally takes place within the hour after receiving notification, and then try to resolve it within 24 hours.  I know it's a different situation here, but come on DJI! - A month?

I'm flying, but not happy at all.

Disclaimer- I'm not recommending this action (gel pack).  No way scientific, but it worked for me. IMHO

2015-6-24
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-6-25 05:06
I understand your frustration, however this is the company policy and as of today it is not going  ...

I am flying the new firmware without issue right now.  That is including the VPS.  I don't know when there will be a new version.  I do know that we will be testing a new version of the App soon.  I would check your install and calibrate your IMU.
2015-6-24
Use props
fritz
lvl.2

United States

TThere was a post on how to downgrade the firmware but it got immediately deleted. You might be able to find it on another quad forum.
2015-6-24
Use props
Brandon00151
lvl.3
Flight distance : 119137 ft
United States

Would be nice if there was reset button on the  P3. anyone got a toothpick
2015-6-24
Use props
alessio.pac
lvl.2
Italy

fritz@kellyhome Posted at 2015-6-25 12:49
TThere was a post on how to downgrade the firmware but it got immediately deleted. You might be able ...

I'm searching for it but I can't find.... please help me to downgrade. May you send me a pm? Here it is my email address too:alessio.pac@gmail.com
I can't believe we need to do this to fly!!! But I have a wonderful machine I can't use anymore after firmware upgrade. I tried to fly when I was on 1.1.8 and it was quite perfect!!!
Thank you all
2015-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules