Mavic 2 Pro RC connection issues following first successful conne...
550 14 2020-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dargouder
lvl.1
New Zealand

Having some trouble with a brand new Mavic 2 Pro. I was able to do the initial setup yesterday ( didn't fly ).
I got my Google Pixel 2 working with the RC and the drone and I could see on the phone the camera view.
The drone and rc were updated to the latest firmware version.

I went to try it again today with the intention of using it and this started happening:
An infinite loop of "version check messages". It says the RC and the drone are connected however when I press Go Fly the screen is black. The status bar in the go fly screen just constantly goes from connected to disconnected.
I've experimented with different versions of the firmware and the DJI Go 4 APK. My Pixel 2 is on Android 10. Anyone had any issues like this?

2020-9-20
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried to re-do the firmware to both the drone AND the remote using DJI Assistant 2 on a computer directly connected to the drone/remote
2020-9-20
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

Also, double check your permissions and USB connection options on the phone. Possibly enable "USB De-bugging" ...You shouldn't have to since you did have them working but worth a look...The cable is always a suspect in these cases also. What does the controller do if not connected to the phone? Will it actually connect to the drone?
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

jmb63 Posted at 9-20 04:30
Have you tried to re-do the firmware to both the drone AND the remote using DJI Assistant 2 on a computer directly connected to the drone/remote

I did do so with the RC, but the drone was not appearing when connected to the PC (which was also a cause for concern).
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

jmb63 Posted at 9-20 04:36
Also, double check your permissions and USB connection options on the phone. Possibly enable "USB De-bugging" ...You shouldn't have to since you did have them working but worth a look...The cable is always a suspect in these cases also. What does the controller do if not connected to the phone? Will it actually connect to the drone?

If not connected to the phone it, the RC just says Connecting and then shows the top right signal bars and the bottom left battery %, exactly as what is appearing in the video.

USB Debugging was enabled on my phone.
2020-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Are you on Android 11? I believe there is issues connecting when on 11
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 9-20 10:53
Are you on Android 11? I believe there is issues connecting when on 11

Nope, Android 10.
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

This photo shows the RC when connected to the drone without the phone. The bars on the bottom of the image (right of the RC) change as in the video above:

I connected both the drone and the RC to the PC. DJI Assistant identifies the RC and I can change firmware versions and so forth.
The drone does not appear as an option hence it is unclear to me what firmware version it has.  Is the drone supposed to be an option?
IMG_20200921_083957.jpg
2020-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Try re-binding the Rc to drone again, you say even the pc does not read the drone - have you tried another pc? if you have done all this and if drone is still U/G send it back to Dji.
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 9-20 22:26
Try re-binding the Rc to drone again, you say even the pc does not read the drone - have you tried another pc? if you have done all this and if drone is still U/G send it back to Dji.

I tried rebinding yesterday with no success.
The drone doesn't even beep when switched on.

I tried multiple PCs ( a Windows PC and a Macbook) and the drone is not recognized by any of them.  The RC is recognized and can be downgraded/refreshed whatever.

Spoke to DJI support and looks like the drone is faulty, will need to take it to the store I got it from and they'll have a look at it. My fear is that they will attempt to repair it. In my opinion, if such a device is faulty without any use, then clearly it should be replaced.

Will update on status and what the cause and issue was.
2020-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans2859b576 Posted at 9-20 22:38
I tried rebinding yesterday with no success.
The drone doesn't even beep when switched on.

Did you get it from Ferntech mate?
2020-9-20
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

Suren Posted at 9-20 22:39
Did you get it from Ferntech mate?

From PB Tech Online, but I'm based in Wellington, so will have to take it to the one in Vivian Street.
2020-9-20
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

fans2859b576 Posted at 9-20 22:48
From PB Tech Online, but I'm based in Wellington, so will have to take it to the one in Vivian Street.

They are pretty good with swap outs.
2020-9-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dargouder. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.

2020-9-21
Use props
fans2859b576
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-21 19:31
Hello there dargouder. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different mobile device to see if the issue will still persist? For reference, I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and for the DJI Go 4 application. Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.

[view_image]

When the RC was connected with a USB cable to either my Windows PC or my Macbook, it would appear on my DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic application.

When the drone was connected, it would not.

Hence it was concluded that I should return it to my dealer by the DJI support person I spoke to. They said they are now going to inspect it and let me know in 1 week.
2020-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules