Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery temp issue on airdata
1775 23 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 547119 ft
United Kingdom

Since I received a new Mavic air2 after crashing mine into a tree, the battery temp info on the airdata app registers no information. It works on the drone app but not on the airdata. It seems it is the only thing not working, or not registering. Is it the old batteries in a new drone, I'm lost as to why it don't work. Anyone else got this and what's the fix. Cheers Paul
2020-9-21
Use props
Fat Panda
lvl.3
Flight distance : 31050 ft
Hong Kong

can't understand what the issue is, any pictures or video?
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Paul, for fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to use the third-party app, kindly please use the DJI Fly app to fly the Mavic Air 2. Thanks.
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fat Panda Posted at 9-21 02:26

Hi. Yer this is the info from airdata.  As you can see there is no data for the battery in terms or min temp or max temp or capacity. It's strange. Cheers for the reply
Screenshot_20200921_112931_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
Screenshot_20200921_112955_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
Screenshot_20200921_112945_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
Screenshot_20200921_112915_com.airdata.uav.app.jpg
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-21 02:31
Hi Paul, for fly safety considerations, it is not recommended to use the third-party app, kindly please use the DJI Fly app to fly the Mavic Air 2. Thanks.
Hi. I use the DJI fly app every time. But I also use drone assist and UAV forecast as well as the airdata.  I don't fly using a 3rd party app. I use DJI fly app. I check before I fly with UAV forecast and drone assist. I'm finding it strange that your saying using these safety apps as a way to determine it's safe to fly is wrong, is a bit worrying. If this information is available from DJI then tell me as I can't find it. Think this refresh drone will need sent back as it's not working as my other one did
2020-9-21
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Fat Panda Posted at 9-21 02:26

Hi panda. The battery temp works fine on the fly app when your flying, you can see the battery temp. Cell voltage and the likes. It's just not recording it as my last one did. It seems DJI are not happy with me using 3rd party apps like drone assist, UAV forecast and airdata. I want a bit of info to see if anyone else has these issues. It's looking like the new unit they sent is faulty.
2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm Posted at 9-21 02:48
Hi. I use the DJI fly app every time. But I also use drone assist and UAV forecast as well as the airdata.  I don't fly using a 3rd party app. I use DJI fly app. I check before I fly with UAV forecast and drone assist. I'm finding it strange that your saying using these safety apps as a way to determine it's safe to fly is wrong, is a bit worrying. If this information is available from DJI then tell me as I can't find it. Think this refresh drone will need sent back as it's not working as my other one did

Is there any error message prompt in your DJI Fly app? If yes, you may provide us with a screenshot so we can help to check the details.
To send in the drone for a diagnosis, kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, we'll do our best to help, thanks.
2020-9-22
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

There have been multiple threads on this issue.  DJI Fly 1.1.6 worked fine.  Logs from DJI Fly 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, when uploaded to Airdata, display no battery capacity or temperature information.  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224930
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224808

The problem isn't with your drone.  The problem is with the log output in DJI Fly 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.  Either DJI messed it up, or they changed it and Airdata needs to adapt.  Airdata support is aware of the issue and has contacted DJI to find resolution.

The reponse I got from Airdata support on 17-Sep-2020 was:
  "Thank you for reporting this. It does appear that the Fly app updates have caused these issues. We have reported this to DJI and will hopefully hear back soon with a fix!"
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Scott108 Posted at 9-22 09:22
There have been multiple threads on this issue.  DJI Fly 1.1.6 worked fine.  Logs from DJI Fly 1.1.8 and 1.1.9, when uploaded to Airdata, display no battery capacity or temperature information.  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224930
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=224808

Hi Scott. Cheers. I got a new Mavic after crashing mine. It worked great but the new one sent needed updated. So done that and the battery info don't work on airdata. Works on the DJI fly app though. Temp and cell voltage so it must be a bug thing. Pleased it's not the drone. . Cheers
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-22 04:36
Is there any error message prompt in your DJI Fly app? If yes, you may provide us with a screenshot so we can help to check the details.
To send in the drone for a diagnosis, kindly please contact our support team via http://www.dji.com/support to open a case, we'll do our best to help, thanks.

Hi. No there is no errors. It does as it should battery information on the fly app is fine, it's just when your home and sync with airdata to check the flight data, there is no battery info. But as Scott said it's been a problem for some since updates so I'm happy it not just mine. Cheers
2020-9-22
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm Posted at 9-22 09:28
Hi Scott. Cheers. I got a new Mavic after crashing mine. It worked great but the new one sent needed updated. So done that and the battery info don't work on airdata. Works on the DJI fly app though. Temp and cell voltage so it must be a bug thing. Pleased it's not the drone. . Cheers

Correct -- everything is fine "in the app", i.e., battery temp data is shown correctly there.  It's just a problem with the log output from Fly versions 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.   

So nothing to do with the drone itself -- just the coincidence that you were using 1.1.6 (or earlier) with the old one, and now using 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 with the replacement.   Lots of reports, here and elsewhere, of the same problem (no temperature or capacity info on 1.1.8 / 1.1.9  logs uploaded to Airdata).   Hopefully a fix will be coming soon!
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_rtRfk4MPuwXm
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Scott108 Posted at 9-22 09:36
Correct -- everything is fine "in the app", i.e., battery temp data is shown correctly there.  It's just a problem with the log output from Fly versions 1.1.8 and 1.1.9.   

So nothing to do with the drone itself -- just the coincidence that you were using 1.1.6 (or earlier) with the old one, and now using 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 with the replacement.   Lots of reports, here and elsewhere, of the same problem (no temperature or capacity info on 1.1.8 / 1.1.9  logs uploaded to Airdata).   Hopefully a fix will be coming soon!

cheers Scott,That's great.  Thanks for your info. I now see a lot of people on about it in various places. Pleased it's a big and it will be sorted soon. Cheers and stay safe everyone
2020-9-22
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Today I received an update from Airdata support regarding this issue.  It said:
"We're happy to report that DJI reached out to us regarding the missing battery temperature information after the recent Fly app updates. They have identified the issue and will rectify the discrepancies in the next version."

No ECD, but DJI has been updating the Fly App fairly regularly so hopefully we won't have to wait too long.
2020-9-29
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Natalia Posted at 9-21 02:31

... I could not discover that he is using a third-party app ...!

What did you mean by that ???
2020-9-29
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 9-29 09:49
Today I received an update from Airdata support regarding this issue.  It said:
"We're happy to report that DJI reached out to us regarding the missing battery temperature information after the recent Fly app updates. They have identified the issue and will rectify the discrepancies in the next version."

We are now on Fly 1.2.0, is this issue finally resolved?
2020-11-5
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

Macinfo Posted at 11-5 12:26
We are now on Fly 1.2.0, is this issue finally resolved?

Temperature logging was fixed for me with the 1.1.10 update on iOS.  Haven't tried 1.2 yet to see if it is still fixed.  

There was a post here yesterday from another user about a similar problem -- using Android 1.1.10, cell voltages were missing from the logs.   I haven't seen that problem on 1.1.10 with iOS.
2020-11-5
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Scott108 Posted at 11-5 12:42
Temperature logging was fixed for me with the 1.1.10 update on iOS.  Haven't tried 1.2 yet to see if it is still fixed.  

There was a post here yesterday from another user about a similar problem -- using Android 1.1.10, cell voltages were missing from the logs.   I haven't seen that problem on 1.1.10 with iOS.

Interesting, that makes it somewhat safe to assume that the latest version also contains the same fix. But the proof lies in testing it to make sure,   
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

Try https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ it has more detailed battery logs and levels or CsvView which can break things down even further.
2020-11-5
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
United States

JohnLietzke Posted at 11-5 18:12
Try https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ it has more detailed battery logs and levels or CsvView which can break things down even further.

Do you understand this thread is talking about Airdata, which provides full interpretation of the logs? The site you posted doesn’t do more than Airdata. This thread is about problems with the Fly application OUTPUT of logs, which affects all of the methods / sites that import and interpret those logs..
2020-11-5
Use props
WobblingWillie
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9060581 ft
  • >>>
United States

What version of the Fly app are you using and is it Android or iPhone? I had batt temp data with 1.1.9 but not with 1.1.10. I have updated to 1.2.0 but have not had a chance to fly with it yet.
2020-11-5
Use props
JohnLietzke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3125968 ft
United States

I am using IOS and have been updating since I got the MA2.  I remember it showing up on version prior to 1.1.9 but not after.
2020-11-5
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

Interesting, the seeming inconsistency  of reports all of a sudden..   The last version I was aware of where battery logging was working was V1.1.6..    After that it seemed like 1.1.7 to 1.1.9, which were in rather quick succession, people were reporting that it was still not working reporting battery logging data to AirData..   and perhaps there is some difference in Droid versions as I recall seeing postings of same version, but different build numbers after them...   

So I guess until someone reports that battery logging is working as expected on V1.2.0 on both IOS and Droid, there is some lingering doubt as to whether it really is working... ??
2020-11-6
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Macinfo Posted at 11-6 06:55
Interesting, the seeming inconsistency  of reports all of a sudden..   The last version I was aware of where battery logging was working was V1.1.6..    After that it seemed like 1.1.7 to 1.1.9, which were in rather quick succession, people were reporting that it was still not working reporting battery logging data to AirData..   and perhaps there is some difference in Droid versions as I recall seeing postings of same version, but different build numbers after them...   

So I guess until someone reports that battery logging is working as expected on V1.2.0 on both IOS and Droid, there is some lingering doubt as to whether it really is working... ??

well, Android FlyApp version 1.2.0 is not working ; missing cell volts.....[ in the output file, so it is not a DJI problem... ]

But DJI udated the 1.2.0 with......1.2.0 (only few MB on the update), haven`t test that out yet
2020-11-6
Use props
Macinfo
lvl.3
United States

JJB* Posted at 11-6 07:10
well, Android FlyApp version 1.2.0 is not working ; missing cel volts.....

But DJI udated the 1.2.0 with......1.2.0 (only few MB on the update), haven`t test that out yet

so DJI has updated 1.2.0 for Droid and it has some new build #....  I am on IOS, so I am wondering if it's working for IOS, not sure why this is so hard to do? If you fix it in one version, you'd think they'd fix them all..   I am sure it will get resolved eventually, but its inconsistent it seems for sure at the moment...
2020-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules