Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is the latest P4 Pro firmware reliable?
824 7 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4158868 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Hi,

I have a Phantom 4 Pro (V1, not tha latests V2) with the regular remote controller.
I'm still with the early update, and all the time when I load DJI Go app, I receive a message of "Inconsistence version between some modules".
I'm concerned about to update to the latest firmware because I've read (and heard) about engines stopping working in the air during the flight, and remote controller battery stopping recharging til the end, something related to burning remote controller logic board.

Are all these things still happening with tha latest firmware version?
Can I update them (drone, remote controller, batteries) with no worries?
Can I back to my regular firmware version if anything got wrong?

Thanks all to help me..
2020-9-21
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm concerned about to update to the latest firmware because I've read (and heard) about engines stopping working in the air during the flight, and remote controller battery stopping recharging til the end, something related to burning remote controller logic board.

Are all these things still happening with tha latest firmware version?

None of those things have ever happened with any firmware version.
What you've read and heard is nonsense.
2020-9-21
Use props
Mr. Strat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

No problems here although I have the Plus controller.
2020-9-21
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Thank you Labroides and Mr. Strat.
About the remote controller, what causes this problem if not the firmware?
https://forum.dji.com/thread-72853-1-1.html
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. It is recommended to update the DJI Phantom 4 Pro to the latest firmware version to improve stability during flight. For the remote controller battery concern. Was the remote controller in storage for a long time? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-23
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-23 08:52
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this concern. It is recommended to update the DJI Phantom 4 Pro to the latest firmware version to improve stability during flight. For the remote controller battery concern. Was the remote controller in storage for a long time? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

Thank you DJI Paladin!!
No, the remote controller battery is working fine, I'm worried updating the remote controller may cause that damage, I've read the firmware can cause that.
Is that problem related on long time storage only?
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Juliano Cruz Posted at 9-23 09:16
Thank you DJI Paladin!!
No, the remote controller battery is working fine, I'm worried updating the remote controller may cause that damage, I've read the firmware can cause that.
Is that problem related on long time storage only?

Thank you for the additional inquiry. Putting the battery or remote controller in storage for a long time will cause the battery to over discharge which may damage the battery cells. For more information, please refer to the image posted below for the DJI battery safety guidelines. Thank you.

2020-9-23
Use props
Juliano Cruz
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

I've updated my P4P and everything is working nice! My drone is flying better than never!
Thank you all!
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules