Cannot download DJI FLY APp
2678 11 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
curtisbradshaw7
lvl.1
United States

Hi,

Trying to use a tablet with Android 9 on it, and when I try to get the FLY app it says its not compatible.  I treid the DJI pilot, and it wont see the drone, and DJI 4 doesnt even go past start.  IS there another program I can use?  Like from a different software developer?  
the tablet build number is S8-20200611
Its a Chinese Vankyo Matrix Pad S8

2020-9-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

No Android tablets are approved by DJI just yet. You may have to download and install from an apk file. Here is one source:  https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-fly/

There is no guarantee even that will perform successfully though.

2020-9-21
Use props
curtisbradshaw7
lvl.1
United States

I downloaded and tried all the versions down to 1.14 and wont install.  For the sake of being a big dummy (not the first time) but what version do the other tablets like Samsung Android and such?  I thought Android was Android?  
Is there another software that I can try (not made by DJI?).  I was using my Samsung Note 10, but its just too small, and I read about the tablets and I thought I seen as long as Android 6.0 and above....what am I missing?
2020-9-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

curtisbradshaw7 Posted at 9-21 16:22
I downloaded and tried all the versions down to 1.14 and wont install.  For the sake of being a big dummy (not the first time) but what version do the other tablets like Samsung Android and such?  I thought Android was Android?  
Is there another software that I can try (not made by DJI?).  I was using my Samsung Note 10, but its just too small, and I read about the tablets and I thought I seen as long as Android 6.0 and above....what am I missing?

From my understanding, the DJI Fly App requires a device with a 64 bit architechture and operating system. That may be why it refuses to download itself.
2020-9-21
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yep, it has the Cortex-A7 cpu....32 bit. No workie.

I use this one, works fine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/174408784075

2020-9-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there curtisbradshaw7. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After check this mobile device ( Vankyo Matrix Pad S8 )  that you are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for said drone and for the said DJI application. The DJI Fly application was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment are shown below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.
3. Supporting ArmV8 64-bit architectures (64-bit processor).
Thank you.
2020-9-22
Use props
curtisbradshaw7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 01:15
Hello there curtisbradshaw7. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. After check this mobile device ( Vankyo Matrix Pad S8 )  that you are trying to use on your DJI Mavic Mini and with the DJI Fly application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet listed as a recommended mobile device for said drone and for the said DJI application. The DJI Fly application was developed based on the 64-bit platform. The minimum request of installation environment are shown below:
1. Requires Android 6.0 or above.
2. Available ROM is 2GB and above.

Thanks for all the great information and quick replies....I guess that tablet is going back.  The tablet I do by is going to only be used for the DJI, so I dont want to spend a boatload of money.  Is there a good tablet that is like under $100?  I looked at the ASUS that Gary is using, but its too expensive for me, as I am not sure I wanted to buy used.  
yea , I know you get what you pay for, but I am new to this and dont want to invest a lot of money if I find I dont like it....
Thanks and look forward to the discussion....
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

curtisbradshaw7 Posted at 9-22 10:05
Thanks for all the great information and quick replies....I guess that tablet is going back.  The tablet I do by is going to only be used for the DJI, so I dont want to spend a boatload of money.  Is there a good tablet that is like under $100?  I looked at the ASUS that Gary is using, but its too expensive for me, as I am not sure I wanted to buy used.  
yea , I know you get what you pay for, but I am new to this and dont want to invest a lot of money if I find I dont like it....
Thanks and look forward to the discussion....

Hi there curtisbradshaw7. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information you have given us. In addition, I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) where in you can find the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

2020-9-23
Use props
curtisbradshaw7
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-23 22:07
Hi there curtisbradshaw7. You are very much welcome and thank you for these information you have given us. In addition, I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads ) where in you can find the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Mini. Thank you.

[view_image]

Thanks!  I bought the Samsung Tab A 119.00 and had to side load, but works great
2020-9-24
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 9-21 17:59
From my understanding, the DJI Fly App requires a device with a 64 bit architechture and operating system. That may be why it refuses to download itself.

Gary, what is the actual available screen size of your ZenPad Z8s?  So often the specs only give a general diagonal size so it can be hard to compare.  I want to see how that compares to my phone that I am using.
Anything else I should know about it before pulling the trigger?
2020-9-24
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

K6CCC Posted at 9-24 11:58
Gary, what is the actual available screen size of your ZenPad Z8s?  So often the specs only give a general diagonal size so it can be hard to compare.  I want to see how that compares to my phone that I am using.
Anything else I should know about it before pulling the trigger?

I assume you are asking me and not that Aussie ;-)  It's 7.9"as advertised. The smudges are my attempt to apply silver magic marker to the screen so I can find the unlit back button in dim light. That is one of the things criticized about this tablet.

2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there curtisbradshaw7. You are very much welcome and thank you for these additional information. If you have any other inquiries or concern with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules