Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Smart Controller Firmware Released (22/09/2020)
25419 190 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The Saint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have not found a way to link 2 controllers at one time.
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2219183 ft
United States

HELP THE UPDATE for my smart controller Im getting to 99% download on the update and thats all it just download anymore HELP DJI HELP
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV
lvl.1
United States

MauroT Posted at 9-22 04:55
same problem, via wifi is 99% stuck, I tried to do a factory reset but it always stops at 99%. I try via dji assistant .

Im going nuts all day with trying to get this update done

2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV
lvl.1
United States

Im trying VIA DJI Assitant 2 i hope it works
2020-9-22
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

LeeG Posted at 9-22 07:07
Anyone get this to install yet? For me this failed twice via DJI Assistant, and later also when SC tries to install itself. Getting insufficient memory, and I have no media pictures on the smart controller. What a pickle!

I cant get it to install on the SC via wifi it starts at 97% then an error message appears saying
'Note Network error, download stopped'.

Also tried via DJI Assistant 2 latest version but the SC is not even getting detected on there either.

So frustrating.
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV Posted at 9-22 20:30
Im trying VIA DJI Assitant 2 i hope it works

Oh Yes finally the best way is to do it from the DJI Assistant 2 its fast and it works i seen all the models of drones that are compatible WHOOOOOOO
2020-9-22
Use props
Mavic2018
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1544065 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_WIncVdQfYFaV Posted at 9-22 20:56
Oh Yes finally the best way is to do it from the DJI Assistant 2 its fast and it works i seen all the models of drones that are compatible WHOOOOOOO

My DJI Assistant 2 is not detecting the controller for some reason
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there A J. Thank you for the reply and of you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Smart Controller Firmware released. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you and keep on flying.
2020-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

jmb63 Posted at 9-22 03:29
Updated fine here!
As always with the Smart Controller, remove your sd card before updating, change your screen time out/sleep to a much higher setting (at least 10 minutes temporarily), and should just update using DJI assistant !

and that's what I did... and you need to WAIT... even at 98-99% you need to wait... it updates in several steps.... (I read other comments...)
I updated, flawlessly process (DJI Assistant...) and went to one of my locations where I fly... bound to my Mavic 2 Pro... and .... a GREAT flight...
2020-9-22
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

GoFly Drone Posted at 9-22 10:03
any ideas why Dji Assisant 2 wont connect my smart controller , everytime i plug controller into Macbook it just says slow charging the arrows for communicating are showing on controller screen but nothing happens on assisant , tried various diff cables etc , just stuck on 99 % download for a hour (so far) doing it on wifi ....bloody thing lol

you need to press OK in order to make this "slow charging" message disappear... then it will work...
2020-9-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 22:20
Hello there A J. Thank you for the reply and of you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Smart Controller Firmware released. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you and keep on flying.

Thanks Stephen - it's now even more tempting to buy the SC
2020-9-22
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6606519 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Mavic2018 Posted at 9-22 20:50
I cant get it to install on the SC via wifi it starts at 97% then an error message appears saying

I have the same problem
2020-9-23
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

An exciting morning yesterday with my Smart Controller threatening to be a brick. In fact a friend of mine has had to return his Smart Controller to DJI for repair.

Here's how I fixed my issue with the update.

I had initially attempted an update via Wifi as indicated on the video. This hung on 99% downloaded on each attempt.
I downloaded the Mavic version of DJI Assistant.
I then started to get many messages about not enough space & connected to the Smart controller as a drive to have a look around. I found in \rm500\internal shared storage\rm500 a 4.5gb file which was left from the failed update. I backed up & deleted the file from the Smart Controller.
I tried several times to update via DJI Assistant, each failure resulting in my need to delete the above file.
The 3rd try through DJI Assitant, the Smart Controller froze up. I tried to shut down the Smart Controller with no luck, but pulling out the USB cable allowed me to reboot the Smart Controller. On start up, the controller commenced it's update which completed after about 15 minutes.
I now have very little space remaining on the Smart controller with no 3rd party software, caches cleared. However it works.

If you start up the Smart Controller with the drone turned off, there is now an opening screen which asks you to choose a drone. It means that I can no longer sync my flight logs just by turning on the Smart Controller, I now need the drone turned on as well. Yet one more annoying thing on top of what as become a huge annoyance.

I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon sourcing a standard controller. The Smart Controller has now tipped the balance into harming my workflow & flights.  

DJI have been zero help.
2020-9-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 22:20
Hello there A J. Thank you for the reply and of you have any inquiries or concerns with the new DJI Smart Controller Firmware released. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. Thank you and keep on flying.

There are a few of us with this problem Stephen ????

I can't get it to install on the SC via wifi it starts at 97% then an error message appears saying

Also tried via DJI Assistant 2 latest version but the SC is not even getting detected on there either.
2020-9-23
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

DJI Release Notes:  
 A Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.04.75 or earlier must be updated using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in Firmware Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-2/info#downloads

With the standard MA2 controller, the only way I could get DJI Assistant 2 to recognize it, was to use the cable that came with it.  Maybe the same is true with the SC ?
I ordered a SC yesterday morning as soon as I saw the update being released, so I have no experience with it.    I'll have it today.  I'll report back tonight.
2020-9-23
Use props
Forestjim
lvl.4
  • >>>
Australia

Electromen Posted at 9-23 01:47
DJI Release Notes:  
 A Smart Controller with a firmware version of v01.00.04.75 or earlier must be updated using DJI Assistant 2. Download the latest DJI Assistant 2, and follow the steps in Firmware Update section in the DJI Smart Controller User Manual. Download DJI Assistant 2 at https://www.dji.com/cn/mavic-2/info#downloads

Thanks, Electromen. The update worked using Assistantant 2 with the original USB type c able.
2020-9-23
Use props
fansd269c5ca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 239413 ft
United States

Do I NEED to update? I am 500+ miles away from my computer. Toivo and Jebidiah won't let me use theirs. Probably has windows 3.1 anyway.
2020-9-23
Use props
jmb63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7009439 ft
  • >>>
United States

2020-9-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 9-22 19:44
I have not found a way to link 2 controllers at one time.

Saint,

have a look on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191788

I've had my SC as primary and the standard controller as secundairy set up. The primary overrides any command of the secundairy.
2020-9-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Belgium

Updated using the Assistent 2 for mavic. Got stuck at 99% download. Nothing to worry about, because the SC didn't get anything yet.

Second time it went all the way of the download and started the update. At 98% the Assistent 2 gave the message that the connection with the SC was instable. At that time the SC was already booting and doing the firmware update on it's own. The screen of the assistent went back to the beginning screen, the SC updated further to the latest version.

All set, version check "Ok". Got DJI Go4 and DJI Fly both on the SC.
2020-9-23
Use props
CPerry3
lvl.1

United States

What's up with this update?!? So many of us are having problems... the download gets stuck on 99% every single time while using wifi via smart controller and then when i use Assistant 2 it gets to 99% then the controller beeps, shuts off and an error message pops up... this is after i factory reset multiple times. So frustrating as I'm supposed to fly my Mavic 2 Pro this evening but that's not happening anymore since I'll have to waste my evening trying to update...  please assist!
2020-9-23
Use props
CPerry3
lvl.1

United States

fansd269c5ca Posted at 9-23 04:24
Do I NEED to update? I am 500+ miles away from my computer. Toivo and Jebidiah won't let me use theirs. Probably has windows 3.1 anyway.

yes unfortunately it won't let me fly my M2P and this update doesn't even have anything to do with that drone
2020-9-23
Use props
CPerry3
lvl.1

United States

MauroT Posted at 9-22 04:55
same problem, via wifi is 99% stuck, I tried to do a factory reset but it always stops at 99%. I try via dji assistant .

same problem here... this is such a waste of time trying to figure this out...
2020-9-23
Use props
dronespilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1392995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally!
I updated via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic and it went fine.  

2020-9-23
Use props
GoFly Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547438 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jmb63 Posted at 9-23 04:29
https://youtu.be/ntUjP6pNeDI

THANK YOU SO MUCH , followed this and its finaily done it with zero problems ..TOP MAN/WOMAN got to be Pc aint ya
2020-9-23
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6248064 ft
  • >>>
United States

I updated yesterday afternoon with zero problems via Assistant.  Since I had previously sideloaded Google Play and some other apps, I prepared by removing the SD card and doing a factory reset.  The new update installed fine, but horribly slow, and I linked to both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Zoom with no problems.  I reset all my flight settings such as RTH and altitude limits and  flew both for around 15 minutes each.  Both flights synced perfectly with both DJI and AirData.  So far so good, but will need to fly some more to spot any potential errors.  
2020-9-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TerminalVelocity Posted at 9-23 13:32
I updated yesterday afternoon with zero problems via Assistant.  Since I had previously sideloaded Google Play and some other apps, I prepared by removing the SD card and doing a factory reset.  The new update installed fine, but horribly slow, and I linked to both the Mavic Air 2 and the Mavic Zoom with no problems.  I reset all my flight settings such as RTH and altitude limits and  flew both for around 15 minutes each.  Both flights synced perfectly with both DJI and AirData.  So far so good, but will need to fly some more to spot any potential errors.

why did you do all that, were you having problems?

I have google play and a few other apps and I just used assistance with my Mac and yes it went slow but it never froze.  didn't remove sd card, didn't factory reset, didn't have to redo settings.  obviously you can play it safe but I'm not sure if any of that needs to be done.  I forgot to check the free space remaining but most scm shouldn't have a problem with space.
2020-9-23
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 9-23 05:37
Saint,

have a look on this thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=191788

I've had primary and secondary controllers on my mavic 2 zoom as well.

but not on the ma2, can it be done?
2020-9-23
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

The Saint Posted at 9-23 14:05
why did you do all that, were you having problems?

I have google play and a few other apps and I just used assistance with my Mac and yes it went slow but it never froze.  didn't remove sd card, didn't factory reset, didn't have to redo settings.  obviously you can play it safe but I'm not sure if any of that needs to be done.  I forgot to check the free space remaining but most scm shouldn't have a problem with space.

Yeah, sure was and guess I should have gone a little deeper with that comment.  I started receiving Google Framework errors after the last firmware update and in spite of reinstalling the Google package, they returned.  It was getting annoying to receive the errors while air borne so decided to utilize this opportunity to do away with Google...at least for now.  
2020-9-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Update went fine for me via the assistant. Has anyone switched between the Mavic Air 2 and say the Mavic 2 Pro? It would seem to me that you have to repair the aircraft each time! Unless I am doing something wrong. Anyone else notice this?
2020-9-23
Use props
TerminalVelocity
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 9-23 16:50
Update went fine for me via the assistant. Has anyone switched between the Mavic Air 2 and say the Mavic 2 Pro? It would seem to me that you have to repair the aircraft each time! Unless I am doing something wrong. Anyone else notice this?

I did several times between the MA2 and the Zoom.  It's cool how it works...with the SC screen already up, when you power on whichever drone, the screen changes to "Switching" and it automatically connects you to the correct app.  
2020-9-23
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

TerminalVelocity Posted at 9-23 17:24
I did several times between the MA2 and the Zoom.  It's cool how it works...with the SC screen already up, when you power on whichever drone, the screen changes to "Switching" and it automatically connects you to the correct app.

With my SC powered up the bottom left corner has a box that states connect. If i try to connect it goes into pairing mode.
Basically I have to go into settings and then aircraft management and select either drone and then it will switch and connect and execute the appropriate app.
It does not connect automatically and detect a signal from either drone. Not sure how yours is doing that.
2020-9-23
Use props
FloridaNext
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Just a note: Do not forget to pair the smart controller with the aircraft again after the firmware update. All of a sudden and with full signal strength I had an "Aircraft disconnected" message at an altitude of 340 feet and a distance of about 30 feet and could only bring the drone back after I turned the Smartcontroller off and on again. Luckily the SC reconnected immediately.
The good news is that I have not had any faulty video feed after the startup with the new firmware so far.
2020-9-23
Use props
JohnDG
lvl.4
Belgium

The Saint Posted at 9-23 14:30
I've had primary and secondary controllers on my mavic 2 zoom as well.

but not on the ma2, can it be done?

Hi Saint,

seems there's another thread about this https://forum.dji.com/thread-220362-1-1.html

It doesn't give much hope that DJI will add it to the M2A's firmware.
2020-9-24
Use props
Electromen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 275531 ft
United States

The SC arrived yesterday.  I updated it using Dji Assistant 2.  That went very well.  It hung at 16% for a several minutes but then moved on.  It slowed again at 98% but then completed.  Linking was easy.

I'm very happy with the SC.  The screen is amazing, it's bright with excellent contrast and color.
Not having to mount my iPhone 10  and wonder about it's charge level and compass calibration makes setup much quicker.

Last week I was debating whether to buy a dedicated  iPad and adapter for the standard controller.  I'm glad I waited.  Expensive? Yes. Worth the cost? Yes
2020-9-24
Use props
Wooly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2940 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This upgrade is not very well structured , not sure how QA passed this but anyway. I finally managed to get the F/W update done on the SC and tested the MA2 it works , however if I switch between foe example the M2 Zoom and the MA2 each time I seem to need to rebind the device. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong. Only a small issue but still a pain. WG
2020-9-24
Use props
The Saint
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JohnDG Posted at 9-24 01:53
Hi Saint,

seems there's another thread about this https://forum.dji.com/thread-220362-1-1.html

...if you can call that a "thread."  only post #3 is helpful.
2020-9-24
Use props
djiuser_QuhUcJuulYes
lvl.1

United States

This forced update is going to cost me a big account!
Shameful
Tech support was very unhelpful.
All this for a toy?
2020-9-24
Use props
Dangerly
lvl.4
United States

What does this give me for my Air 2 that I don't already have with my RC + Galaxy Note?  I was hoping that would be addressed in the video or somewhere - basically, why do I want this? (Feeling dumb...)
2020-9-24
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Canada

Chill Pill Posted at 9-22 06:27
Installed flawlessly here with Dji Assistant, although took a couple of hours with slow internet access. Didn't remove memory card so that is a myth. It was on 99% for a while with controller rebooting a few times in the process but got there in the end. Have test flown both Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Pro 2 using the controller with no issues so far.

Do you not find it a pain to switch from one drone to another. Another forum member stated that when his SC is turned on and he powers the aircraft the SC automatically fires the correct app. Is this the case for you? For mine I have to go into the settings and aircraft management to select which drone I want to connect to and then it switches. If on the SC start up screen you press the bottom left connect button the SC goes into pairing mode. I find it a pain.
2020-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules