New Smart Controller Firmware Released (22/09/2020)
25486 190 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Qv5oQDEpeWcI
New
United States

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST.......

13. Confirm firmware upgrade
    1. There are a couple of options here:
        1. Using the RC
                NOTE: First turn on and connect your RC to your WiFi network.
            1. Navigate into the main screen of the RC and the version of the software should be shown
            2. Swipe down from the top of the the RC screen
            3. Click on the WiFi icon and follow the prompts to select and connect to your WiFi network.

2. Using DJI Assistant 2 software
                        NOTE: same process as above to connect the RC to the computer.
            1. Close the the DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.14 software (if already open)
            2. Re-Open the DJI Assistant 2 v2.0.14 software
                NOTE: I did this just to ensure that the DJI software was getting removed from computer memory and being reloaded…..you have to understand….I spent almost 8 hours trying to figure this out….at this point, I wasn’t trying to cut any corners.  A compute restart would be an excellent idea as well.
            3. Turn the RC power off (long hold the power button)
            4. USING THE ORIGINAL, DJI PROVIDED USB A to USB C CABLE, connect the RC USB C port on the bottom of the RC to the Mac (I had to use a USB A to USB C adapter for one end).
            5. Long hold the RC power button
            6. Watch/monitor the DJI Assistant 2 software window on your computer
            7. An icon should appear in the DJI Assistant 2 software indicating the RC has been connected
            8. Click on the RC Icon in DJI Assistant 2
            9. the software will analyze the controller, should take several seconds, maybe up to 20 or 30 seconds.
            10. Look for a list of options to appear indicating various versions of the firmware either previous, current or newly available.
            11. The top one in the list should be the latest and should show ‘CURRENT’

14. Finish up
    1. Close DJI Assistant 2 software
    2. Power off the RC
    3. Disconnect the USB cable
    4. Restart the RC.
    5. Link to your drone and fully verify connection and operation capabilities.
    6. Fly safe.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_Qv5oQDEpeWcI
New
United States

Jumpman23 Posted at 9-26 14:18
Same here after the 20th time of clicking on the errors i got to the 99% and no errors but just sat there (using mac)

@Jumpman23 ..... see my posts for upgrading...I hope it helps.
2020-9-28
Use props
2Shooz
lvl.1

United States

I think I have a solution for everyone.   IF you try to update from your controller first, it will fail for sure.  It can only work from the Assistant 2 computer app.  
IF you DID try it from the remote first, it puts huge files in your folders.  Support told me to look in the "encrypted" folder and there were files that they told me to delete, but there were more elsewhere.  
I found them in Other/M500 and deleted all of the pro.fw.sig file in the internal  storage.   That did it!   Woo hoo!   Don't forget to remove your card from the controller before you start too.  Good luck!
2020-9-28
Use props
2Shooz
lvl.1

United States

2Shooz Posted at 9-28 14:35
I think I have a solution for everyone.   IF you try to update from your controller first, it will fail for sure.  It can only work from the Assistant 2 computer app.  
IF you DID try it from the remote first, it puts huge files in your folders.  Support told me to look in the "encrypted" folder and there were files that they told me to delete, but there were more elsewhere.  
I found them in Other/M500 and deleted all of the pro.fw.sig file in the internal  storage.   That did it!   Woo hoo!   Don't forget to remove your card from the controller before you start too.  Good luck!

2020-9-28
Use props
2Shooz
lvl.1

United States

When you see that message above on your computer, no worries.. it's the controller restarting.
2020-9-28
Use props
2Shooz
lvl.1

United States

See my notes below...  2Shooz Posted at 9-28 14:35
2020-9-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Maybe time to get one.
2020-9-28
Use props
gixxer55
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31837 ft
United States

Hey all,
Like everyone else, I was having tons of issues, then got down to the update and it kept giving me the out of memory. I read elsewhere that you can get rid of the other file in the internal memory. It had like 8gig of memory in it.  After I did that all seemed to work perfectly from the laptop and assistant. I also used my SSD usb-c to usb-c cable to my laptop. Worked very fast with that set up. I then got that weird device unstable message on the SC but the assistant software said all good. Update complete! Restarted the SC, picked the correct  drone, pulled the cover off the sync button and pressed. All good. I have a spark and P3P. Wish it would work with those ships. notice that it does work with the P4P+. Anyways, have not flight tested or checked settings yet so will adivse!  
2020-9-28
Use props
gixxer55
lvl.1
United States

By the way I did not remove the external SD card or do a factory reset. At first when having all the issues, was considering doing the factory reset. Seems that deleting the "other" folder, did the trick.
2020-9-28
Use props
gixxer55
lvl.1
United States

Went through all my settings. Nothing changed, no issues.
2020-9-28
Use props
Andrew Chernesky
New

United States

Coojeebear Posted at 9-22 02:42
Constant failing at 99% download. Insufficient space.

No maps, no images/video, formatted video cache, Is the update too big to fit on the Smart Controller?

Same thing is happening to me on my smart controller. Ave you heard anything yet?
2020-9-28
Use props
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft
Canada

DH_Pilot Posted at 9-28 06:40
You rolled back aircraft firmware or smart controller firmware?

Just the smart controller firmware.
2020-9-28
Use props
Coojeebear
lvl.4
Flight distance : 572484 ft
United Kingdom

Andrew Chernesky Posted at 9-28 18:20
Same thing is happening to me on my smart controller. Ave you heard anything yet?

Zero help from DJI.

I fixed it by deleting the firmware update files on the controller - look for the rm500 directory. Then ran the update from DJI assistant on the pc. It updated, but was slow & buggy.
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_lS8uJ5Scns8u
New

United States

No maps, no images/video, formatted video cache, Is the update too big to fit on the Smart Controller?

I'm having the same issue as well. don't know what to do. Need advice plz!
2020-9-29
Use props
Puttmaster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18931532 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lS8uJ5Scns8u Posted at 9-29 08:51

You need to go into storage and delete the large files that are still on the controller. The update fails because there is not enough storage, so you need to remove the files from previous DJI updates. About 4-7 gig worth.
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_wT3v1jjv6rkW
New
United States

Don't give up!  It took me two days and about 5 hours of sitting in front of my computer... but the update is now complete and the SC controls my Mavic Air 2 perfectly (except for the Custom controls, but that's another issue!).

My thoughts/suggestions: (1) you cannot do the update using the over-the-air option. (2) go to DJI.com, downloads and download the "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" software.  Make sure you select that one.  It should be V2.0.14.  Apple doesn't like the DJI software, so use a PC if you can. (3)  The .exe file didn't work for me (downloads got hung) so I uninstalled it and then reloaded it via the zip option. (4) After the installation is complete, reboot your computer. (5) Go to settings on the SC, then Display and set the sleep time to 30 minutes. (6) On your PC, set the sleep time and the screen time to 2 hours, you can change them back later. (7) Open the software on your PC.  (8) Turn on the SC and let it boot.  (9) Using the plug that DJI provided, plug in the SC to a USB 3.0 port on your PC.  (10)  Click on the SC icon that should appear in the DJI Assistant 2 window.  If no icon appears, unplug the SC at the USB-C port and then plug it in again.  (11) Once the icon appears, click on it and then select the latest update version.  (12) Walk away.  (13)  I have a reasonably fast Internet connection, but the download took over an hour.  During this time, it's important that the SC doesn't go to sleep.  I set a timer and made sure I touched the touch screen every 20 minutes or so to keep the SC awake.  Following the above, the download worked, then it transmitted the update to the SC and then the SC updated itself.  Disregard any error messages you get on your PC when the SC is in the Update mode.  Sometimes things hang up.  Just let them sit.  My download hung at 98% for about 10 minutes and then proceeded.  The update hung at 16% on the SC, also for about 10 minutes, then proceeded.  The SC will restart several times during this process.  Wait until it's all done.  To get the SC to recognize the Mavic Air 2, use the Aircraft Management feature under Settings in the SC.  The new app will be installed on the SC during this process.  When a video starts to play -- you're done!!!  Hope this helps.  Nothing else worked for me and I tried for days.  DJI really has no excuse for such a buggy update process.  This really doesn't need to be this hard.
2020-9-29
Use props
Somers
lvl.2
Flight distance : 325125 ft
United Kingdom

I updated mine today via DJ Assistant 2 for Mavic, Smart controller straight out of the box.
Update took 15 mins maximum, worked first time.
Flown this afternoon, everything works fine (apart from I forgot to press record............ is it just me?) :-)
2020-9-29
Use props
405itsmike
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_Qv5oQDEpeWcI Posted at 9-28 12:28
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST.......

13. Confirm firmware upgrade

EVERYONE FOLLOW THESE STEPS

I tried everything before coming here and seeing this post from djiuser_Qv5oQDEpeWcI Posted at 9-28 12:28 and nothing worked.

I just followed his steps and it WORKED!!!!

Thank you!
2020-9-29
Use props
kp3
New

United States

Watch this video.
https://youtu.be/2HKQx-3US7w

2020-9-30
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are updating with an unstable PC no doubt you Will have problems.
2020-9-30
Use props
DroneJon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48248 ft
United Kingdom

I removed SD card, factory reset, DJI Assistant for Mavic, changed time-out on the SC to 30mins and touched the screen periodically to reset the 30min timer. It all went smoothly
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

it seems to be great update
2020-10-1
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR Posted at 10-1 07:25
it seems to be great update

Yes, this is a keeper!
2020-10-1
Use props
djiuser_qqJUJJ0EpF7t
New

Germany

DJI Smart Controller Firmware: v01.00.0820
Problem gelöst! 01.10.2020

Ich schreibe einfach auf Deutsch.
Ich habe über WLAN das Update versucht zu installieren. Zuerst kam nicht genügend Speicher frei.
Bei mir war der interne Speicher wirklich voll. Also alle Bilder, Filme gesichert und anschließend gelöscht.
Dann wurde bis 99% das Update geladen und hing fest. Kein Weg führte weiter es hing fest 99%.
Alles probiert keine Chance das Update zu installieren.

Ich habe dann den Assistant heruntergeladen.
Achtung für den DJI Smart Controller gibt es einen eigenen Assistant unbedingt beachten!!!
USB-Kabel angeschlossen und es ist nichts passiert im Assistant.
Es kam die Auswahl wie ich verbinden möchte im Smart Controller (Datenübertragung etc.).
PC runtergefahren und neu gestartet alles versucht.
Später kam noch nicht einmal mehr die Abfrage Smart Controller (Datenübertragung etc.)
Es kam nur noch die Meldung zu wenig Ladestrom.

Ich habe den Smart Controller auf Werkseinstellung zurückgesetzt.
Habe den einmal hochfahren lassen und nur die Spracheinstellung auf Deutsch gestellt.

Sonst habe ich nichts verstellt!!!!

Anschließend DJi Smart Controller runtergefahren.
USB Kabel mit dem PC Verbunden.
Assistant für DJI Smart Controller auf dem PC gestartet.
Anschließend habe ich den DJi Smart Controller gestartet also hochgefahren.
Verbindung hat sich aufgebaut und es wurde im Assistant die Update Datei angezeigt.
Doppelklick auf die Datei oben links dann kommt die Auswahl für neues Update.

Der Rest ist selbsterklärend.

Ich hoffe ich konnte helfen! Bei mir hat es so funktioniert!

PS: Es kam noch beim Update ein Fehler mit der Datenübertragung den habe ich einfach nicht beachtet und habe es laufen lassen.
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701427 ft
United Kingdom

Visual Air Posted at 9-23 16:50
Update went fine for me via the assistant. Has anyone switched between the Mavic Air 2 and say the Mavic 2 Pro? It would seem to me that you have to repair the aircraft each time! Unless I am doing something wrong. Anyone else notice this?

Hi,
I also have the same problem, need to pair over and over again each time
2020-10-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

erment Posted at 10-1 09:22
Hi,

Erment,

I don't have 2 drones. But did you add the device in the settings- Aircraft management ?
That section should enable you to use several devices with one SC.
2020-10-1
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-1 12:14
Erment,

I don't have 2 drones. But did you add the device in the settings- Aircraft management ?

Hi JohnDG,
yes I have 3 drones (including air2) compatible with SC, prior to this firmware there was no problem with auto pairing between mavic2 pro and zoom.
2020-10-1
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Belgium

erment Posted at 10-1 14:08
Hi JohnDG,
yes I have 3 drones (including air2) compatible with SC, prior to this firmware there was no problem with auto pairing between mavic2 pro and zoom.
Hi Erment,

That's not good then when drone profiles do not work. Hopefully that's going to be corrected, soon.
2020-10-2
Use props
erment
lvl.4
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 10-2 01:42
Hi Erment,

That's not good then when drone profiles do not work. Hopefully that's going to be corrected, soon.

Hi mate,
I also hope too,fingers crossed..
2020-10-2
Use props
knutkomon.no
New

Norway

No maps, no images/video, formatted video cache, Is the update too big to fit on the Smart Controller?

Same problem here.
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

what can be better than this?
2020-10-2
Use props
knutkomon.no
New

Norway

It only took six hour to update the smart controls. After a large number og installations and desinstallations of DJI Assistant for Mac 2 + quite a few factory resets of the controller. It suddenly got updated. Like a miracle. Where should I send the invoice for the six hours used?
2020-10-2
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

If people are firmware updating it should be mandatory that the update sets 30 minutes before the screen/controller turns off.  I had an update way back where it turned off on it's own!  It didn't write properly.  Took time to downgrade properly and upgrade.  I think I had to downgrade 2 versions then up one and then the latest because something remained broken.  The drone switch selection screen was all messed up.
2020-10-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the trouble on updating the firmware, could you please help export the folder below for further analysis?
PC/Smart Controller/Internal shared storage/Dpad/com.dpad.update/LOG/CACHE
Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.

After exporting the log,
1. Go to the homepage of the Smart Controller and enter File Manager.
2. Delete the [encrypt] & [rm500] file under Internal Storage-Storage.
3. Restart the Smart Controller and update the firmware again.
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

erment Posted at 10-1 09:22
Hi,

Sorry for the trouble on updating the firmware, could you please help export the folder below for further analysis?

After exporting the log,
2020-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_lS8uJ5Scns8u Posted at 9-29 08:51

After exporting the log,
2020-10-5
Use props
SDsc0rch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 823028 ft
United States

--EDIT - wrong thread--
2020-10-5
Use props
playmatka
lvl.1

India

It wan an fantastic post Very informative information.
2020-10-6
Use props
Danieldh
lvl.1

Switzerland

Had to update via DJI Assistant 2 since it hung on the Smart Controller at 99% 4x in a row.Now my controller freezes up or goes to black screen every once in a while (typically within 2-5mins of changing settings I can get it to hang) no matter what I am doing (changing settings on DJI 4 or changing the time settings, or downloading an offline map or even while flying or starting the controller.  Its a new controller +2 weeks and I never tested it on any other firmware so perhaps its Hardware related?  I've tried factory reset and it got worse.  I formated all memory and deleted storage files as well same issues.  Ill now try to remove memory card entirely and downgrade firmware to see what happens...not happy so far, yesterday was scary because remote froze and drone would not RTH and since it was close to me I trying to force it to stop (it fought against me) and it would not shut off and I ended up having to pull the battery out of the M2P in mid air!

Update - The controller won't start up anymore...it only sound the RTH or I can hard reset by holding the power button for 10 seconds, but it won't start up no matter what I do and hence also is not seen on the PC.  No screen, nothing.  DOA so I'll be replacing the unit and this may have nothing to do with Firmware.
2020-10-7
Use props
djiuser_2EJSlKhjVOl9
New

United States

Is anyone else missing the intelligent flight mode option  for the Mavic AIr 2 in the DJI Go app? I am in P mode and took off but the intelligent flight mode option does not show up. Also it says to try and disbale begininer mode, but this version of the DJI Go App doesnt have that. Anyone else??
2020-10-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules