New Smart Controller Firmware Released (22/09/2020)
25478 190 2020-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
erment
lvl.4
Flight distance : 701427 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 10-5 00:51
Sorry for the trouble on updating the firmware, could you please help export the folder below for further analysis?
PC/Smart Controller/Internal shared storage/Dpad/com.dpad.update/LOG/CACHE
Then upload to Dropbox or Google Drive and post the link here.

Hi Mindy,
Here you can find the link that you have asked
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m3dty ... bOdhpBgWuLkJVa?dl=0
Although I followed mindy's advice, the result did not change,whenever I try to switch between mavic air2 and mavic 2 zoom I have been forced to repair the crafts each time.
2020-10-8
Use props
Luca85
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1257628 ft
Italy

fmgec Posted at 9-27 10:07
If you have problems with the USB connection between Microsoft WIN 10 and Smart controller (Controler not reconized and  faulty USB-device in the Device-Manager of Windows) for me this workaround helped:
1. Enable developer options under Settings Home Menu. Select About smart controller, tap 7 or 8 times on System Version and now Developer Options are visible under System.
2. Under Developer Options set them to On.

Thanks, I followed the procedure and I was able to have the smart controller recognized by the pc with win 10. Now I have brought the firmware back to the stable version, I use the mavic 2 zoom. For me and I hope for the others it worked, thanks again.

Luca
2020-10-9
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Smart Controller firmware in About from Settings and About in Go4 are 2 different things.  About from Settings doesn't show up on DJI GEO Zone so you cannot get an unlock.  You have to turn the drone on Go4 to see the proper full serial.  Can this be fixed in a firmware update?
2020-10-9
Use props
sarafox
lvl.1

United States

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو

آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
آموزش سئو
2020-10-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Had a Go4 Not Responding App crash yesterday on the Smart Controller with the M2P on all the latest firmwares while in the air.  Can it be possible to make it where it cannot crash at all?  Go less aggressive on something that makes it crash?
2020-10-11
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Had a Go4 Not Responding App crash yesterday with the M2P on all the latest firmwares.  Can it be possible to make it where it cannot crash at all?  Go less aggressive on something that makes it crash?
2020-10-11
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Netherlands

I finally managed in getting the latest software installed onto my Smart Controller...

Had some network errors (as soon as the download started, some Chinese symbols on my screen, some download errors at 99%...) but finally managed to install it...

Let's see what it gives during a test-fly...

Did anybody noticed any differences using his Mavic 2 Pro ??
2020-10-11
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

KDP + Posted at 10-11 06:38
I finally managed in getting the latest software installed onto my Smart Controller...

Had some network errors (as soon as the download started, some Chinese symbols on my screen, some download errors at 99%...) but finally managed to install it...

Was hoping I'd notice more range, but couldn't notice a measurable difference
2020-10-12
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

something best has just came
2020-10-14
Use props
djiuser_3moU3cQIh1f7
lvl.1

Norway

Coojeebear Posted at 9-23 01:15
An exciting morning yesterday with my Smart Controller threatening to be a brick. In fact a friend of mine has had to return his Smart Controller to DJI for repair.

Here's how I fixed my issue with the update.

Thanks this worked for me.
2020-10-17
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

sergeant Posted at 9-22 03:58
If you're running an older firmware, you'll need to update using the DJI Assistant 2 app instead, this is clearly stated in the release notes.

Yes when you read the release but there is no mention when the “smart” controller gives you the option to install. If they don’t want you to instal over the older version then the new version should be coded to check for the current version and guide you accordingly. Yes the user is stupid so don’t assume a level of awareness that may not exist.
2020-10-19
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I had problems getting my “smart” controller recognised. It finally did only to freeze at 98% and tell me it required additional information. This was transferred, we retried again only to fail again. Now it refuses to recognise the “smart” controller at all. What an utter wast of my time. I’m 65 I hope to live long enough to see this update installed but I’m beginning to fear it won’t happen.
Can anybody tell me how to stop and remove updates and their? I looked through the files but can’t make head nor tail and I suspect they will be protected. I could do a reset and then lose flight records and have to review all my settings again.
I really am pretty cheesed off with is shower. Almost every update is the same. They are not learning. If it’s their servers change them.
Where’s the gin and service revolver....
2020-10-19
Use props
Michael Gambie
lvl.1
United Kingdom

GoFly Drone Posted at 9-23 10:54
THANK YOU SO MUCH , followed this and its finaily done it with zero problems ..TOP MAN/WOMAN got to be Pc aint ya

I followed it several times with no success
2020-10-19
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Michael Gambie Posted at 10-19 05:46
I followed it several times with no success

Done upgrade/downgrade multiple times on my SmartControllers and I had zero issue it succeded every time. I followed those simple steps during each upgrade/downgrade:

1. removed SD card from SC
2. Factory reset SC before upgrade via menu
3. After factory reset I have changed only one setting - Display timeout to 30 minutes
4. Upgraded via DJI Assistant for Mavic 2.0.14 on MAC (no idea if MAC vs Windows version could change something)

So I think main is to remove SD and factory reset and then set timeout to 30 mins.
2020-10-19
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Just a few comments from me. I had a SC from day 1, sent it back after waiting for the first update that I hoped would fix the video feed drop outs at the time. Year later I have just got another one, tbh I missed it, but NOT the bugs, I had high Hope's the time past and firmware updates it would be a solid reliable product by now. But no, the current firmware update was a nightmare, SLOW and failed on several occasions,  in the end I used my PC over my Mac, the PC stopped at 98% but the FW seemed to install ok, odd, so out we go to fly, all OK. Then today, startup and guess what, NO video!!! Unbelievable.
Anyway, I guess this is as good as it gets, at least changing my camera from the Zoom to the Pro seems to be fine, one job you can do in house with ease, unlike dealing with the bugs you just have to live with. DJI sadly in my book make some great products, they come so close to perfection but just miss it by a hair. Anyway, DJI please listen to the forum members like me. Thanks.
2020-10-26
Use props
djiuser_jaRNvIUiqCCz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1446001 ft
Italy

Hello, i bought SC after i was informed that with the new firmware it would be possible to control the Mavic Air 2. I performed upgrading procedure through DJI Assistant 2, using youtube tutorial, and all went correctly at first stage. SC restarted and fw resulted updated.

But when testing with my MA2 i noted that connection to the drone is very unstable: sometimes it drops very near, coming back to full strenght signal if i keep drone stopped. It happened also a lot of screen freezings. With the standard MA2 remote control I never experienced loss or dropping even until 1 Km and more. I tried a factory reset of the SC and then made again the pairing to the drone: situation improved a little, but still connection is not stable as it should be. Does anyone experienced the same? What can be done? Contact assistance or wait until next fw update? New fw i assume will be released soon, at least looking at so many bugs recognized ...

Thanks!
2020-11-1
Use props
Schumpi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4380 ft
Belgium

@djiuser_jaRNvIUiqCCz: I have the same problems like you with my MA2 Hopefully they are working on it.
2020-11-6
Use props
studiophile
lvl.1
United States

Andy Uk Posted at 9-22 01:58
Does anybody know yet how this works with DJI Fly and whether the buttons and extra thumb wheel can be custom mapped.  For example it would be good to be able to use the 2nd thumb wheel to use the new zoom features on the Mavic Air 2 as well as being able to map custom functions to the 2 custom buttons (on the rear) and the 5 way controller.  My guess is this is going to need a DJI Fly Update to fully realise but it woud be great if this were the case now.

2nd thumbwell will work for zoom only at this point.  no way to customize.   
2020-11-6
Use props
studiophile
lvl.1
United States

One issue to note with this firmware update is that the DJI Flyy app compass on main page as well as the map compass are oriented incorrectly.  I show it off by 180-270 degrees.   Additionally the performance of the DJI Fly app on the DJI Smart controller is a bit laggy when dragging around on the map or screen.   
2020-11-6
Use props
studiophile
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_jaRNvIUiqCCz Posted at 11-1 09:24
Hello, i bought SC after i was informed that with the new firmware it would be possible to control the Mavic Air 2. I performed upgrading procedure through DJI Assistant 2, using youtube tutorial, and all went correctly at first stage. SC restarted and fw resulted updated.

But when testing with my MA2 i noted that connection to the drone is very unstable: sometimes it drops very near, coming back to full strenght signal if i keep drone stopped. It happened also a lot of screen freezings. With the standard MA2 remote control I never experienced loss or dropping even until 1 Km and more. I tried a factory reset of the SC and then made again the pairing to the drone: situation improved a little, but still connection is not stable as it should be. Does anyone experienced the same? What can be done? Contact assistance or wait until next fw update? New fw i assume will be released soon, at least looking at so many bugs recognized  ...

I have experience these same issues with the DJI Fly app running this firmware on the DJI Smart Controller.   Feeling like flying with the OG controller and my phone is much safer at this point.   A bit disappointing considering I spent nearly $800 for a device that needs work.  
2020-11-6
Use props
Fbrighi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1446001 ft
Italy

studiophile Posted at 11-6 17:09
I have experience these same issues with the DJI Fly app running this firmware on the DJI Smart Controller.   Feeling like flying with the OG controller and my phone is much safer at this point.   A bit disappointing considering I spent nearly $800 for a device that needs work.

Hello, i noted that after others factory reset and new pairings situation improved. Now i arrive more or less to same range as standard RC, just to pay attention when going more than 500 m: use reduced speed in order to allow signal stabilize, then you can reach safely further distance.

Anyway, i read that updating to new app revisions (SC is 1.1.6, you can go until 1.1.10, 1.2.0 is no compatible yet) situation definitevely solves. I will try one of these days. On another thread a kind user informed thar next app revision should solve also compass bug. So, let's wait

2020-11-7
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Why didn't translated? What that function do?
chinese menu item.png
2020-11-12
Use props
Yoimi-Dron
lvl.2
Flight distance : 265338 ft

United States

Swap the smart controller for this tablet and problems will go away  and you can use it with all the drones including the mini2  
2020-11-12
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

AEROKAMERA Posted at 11-12 12:11
Why didn't translated? What that function do?
[view_image]

No idea what that do, but Mr google sais:
___
按键拓属工力能
开启后, 支持部分三方应用使用拍照, 录像和5D按键的使用
___
Button extension belongs to engineering ability
After it is turned on, it supports the use of photography, video and 5D buttons in some third-party applications
2020-11-13
Use props
AEROKAMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289429 ft
  • >>>
Poland

DaMa Posted at 11-13 09:40
No idea what that do, but Mr google sais:
___
按键拓属工力能

Thank you;)
Why DJI didn't translate it?
2020-11-17
Use props
KarSol
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8094957 ft
Spain

Gracias por la info
2020-11-18
Use props
KnNLmS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 119967 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

SC already outdated. 64bit OS SC2 would be nice, but this time hope to have better/stable android fw.
2020-12-16
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KnNLmS Posted at 12-16 06:43
SC already outdated. 64bit OS SC2 would be nice, but this time hope to have better/stable android fw.

It's already good how it is.  If it's going to be SC2 then it has to be used w/ the DJI FPV V2 system but if you are going to be flying mega fast and you aren't using Goggles, it's going to be too dangerous.  I don't think even the best OA systems in the world can save it from crashing into something going 93MPH if the rumors are correct.  No doubt people inexperienced will max it out and cause problems in the future.

The DJI systems are far superior to Parrot and probably many other competitive systems.  My DJI drones never crashed once.
2020-12-25
Use props
fans13c4b508
New

France

Merry Christmas everyone.
I’m not sure it’s the right place but i’m a newbie here and don’t even own a drone right now. I will get one this week.
I’m just scared to buy something right now cause within 2 years physical port will disappear.  No more lightning port for Apple in 2021 models. I know Apple is not the only smartphone manufacturer but i’m a bit worried. Is there any solution to use the controller if you can’t connect any smartphone?
2020-12-25
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2020-12-26
Use props
djiuser_fYFtQBD0fiA8
lvl.1

Australia

This update still hasn't fixed the field monitor issue: The HDMI 'Camera View' shrinks when enlarging the map on the SC during flight. Please add a 'Field Monitor' mode where enlarging the Map keeps the video overlay at the full screen size and simply enlarges the map over the top of it. This should stop the image from shrinking on the HDMI output. It is a simple fix.

The SC screen '1000 nits' is not bright enough on a sunny day for the purpose of viewing the video but is bright enough for all other functions and the map due to the high contrast of these items.

The fact that the video shrinks on the HDMI output when 'Camera View' is enabled is not expected behaviour - and is not acceptable behaviour, it is a bug.
2020-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules