Osmo Action + Pocket - NDI Support
4228 8 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fatehshams
lvl.1
Sweden

Would be really nice to get support for the NDI in Osmo action and Osmo Pocket to use these in live events, especilly when streaming is becoming more popular in these Covid-19 days. Not sure if Newtek NDI is free of charge for the manufactors but for the users it seems to be free of charge. Even if there is upgrade fee from the DJI side to get NDI features unlocked, I am willing to pay.
https://ndi.tv/sdk/

What other thinks about it working with live events?
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fatehshams. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-22
Use props
Stefaan Vanderbeeken
lvl.1

Belgium

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-22 19:42
Hello there fatehshams. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will cascade and forward this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.

Same feature request! Would be great to see ndi hx integretion like with the mevo start cam.
2020-10-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Stefaan Vanderbeeken. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. Rest assure that these information will be forwarded as well. Again, thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-10-22
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 for suggestion
2020-10-22
Use props
Ramon Pessoa
New
Brazil

2021-6-1
Use props
Hypersim
lvl.1

Germany

+1 for the suggestion, PLEASE implement NDI (would also pay more for this!) into Pocket 2!
2021-7-21
Use props
circleb
New

United States

+100 this is a very necessary thing!
2022-11-15
Use props
simongui
lvl.1
Canada

+1 to this. NDI support is vital to live streamers since OBS Studio is the most popular broadcast software for Twitch and YouTube Live streamers it's beyond most streamers technical skill level to setup an RTMP relay server. I bought the DJI Action 2 and DJI Mic to live stream and it's been a real disappointment because the device works really well for recording video but really poor experience for live streaming.

Every time the stream disconnects its not a 1 button press to go back to live and there's no NDI output which would make broadcasting to an OBS simple.
At this point I regret purchasing the DJI gear because while it's super small and great for live streaming, the RTMP experience is poor, I've been trying for days to get this to work smoothly and the lack of NDI support to get around it is painful.

It's really painful to open your app, reconnect to the camera, go back to the live stream screen, reconnect and go every time there's a slight disconnect. I wish it was more resilient to temporary disconnects.

I watch a lot of Twitch and I've noticed a lot of twitch streamers use the DJI Mic but not the DJI Action 2 so I suspect the Mic is a great experience but the camera is not for live streamers. I feel their pain for sure.
2023-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules