Errors attempt to update to v01.00.0820 SC software 9/22/2020
3180 21 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

For me it failed twice attempting to use DJI Assistant.
Tried unplugging at letting the SC update itself... Now it gets INSUFFICIENT MEMORY error.  I have NO MEDIA stored internally! I also have a large empty SD card.

2020-9-22
Use props
Henry7722
lvl.3
Taiwan

Just try resetting to factory. It works for me.
2020-9-22
Use props
ting-ting
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5871467 ft
  • >>>
United States

You need to take out the SD card out and then update
2020-9-22
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Here how i solved the problem.

For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:
1- reset everything to factory deleting all data
2- Do NOT connect the WIFI because the smart controller will try to download the large update and will fill the memory again.
3- use DJI Assistance for Mavic 2 to perform the update.
4- Even with this, I had to keep tapping the Smart Controller Screen every 1 or 2 minutes, other wise will go in sleep mode and you have to start over.
5- In order to bind the Mavic Air 2 after the update you need to add MA2 in Aircraft Management, wait until ask for be pair and with the MA2 on hold the power bottom for about 4 seconds and will pair without issues.

I learn this after 2 hours trying to update until finally I got it.
I flew 3 batteries already and seen to be everything in perfect order with the firmware and how the aircraft perform. I notice has the same range than the original controller so is time for me to install the Allientech Duo II in the Smart Controller. Is sitting in my chair
2020-9-22
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-22 10:39

For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:

Thanks for this! Going to try it again myself after work today. Another also commented to remove the SD card. Glad you were able to figure it out and FLY
2020-9-22
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Here is my new mod. SC with Allientech DUO II Mavic Air 2 already working with the SC + Booster.

2020-9-22
Use props
LeeG
lvl.3
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-22 10:39

For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:

It worked for me!
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there LeeG. I am sorry to know that you were having issue in updating your DJI Smart Controller before and it is great to know that your were able to solve the said issue. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-22
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Pretty much bricked it for me.  Got to 98% and hangs.
Cant even power off and reboot (it just buzzes).  No longer recognised by DJI assistant.

All i can think is wait for the battery to die totally in a few hours then power it back up.

This was an upgrade attempted through DJI Assistant.  The WIFI just said "network error" immediately.
2020-9-26
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

OK so a factory reset from menu was the only way.
And even after that it wont install.
2020-9-26
Use props
dickovich
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3148524 ft
Australia

I have recently updated my Smart Controller (exclusively linked to my M2P) with the V01.00.0820 firmware.

Post install it made me rebind to the M2P using the Aircraft Management page.

Now, everytime I start the controller and select CONNECT, it forces me to the aircraft management tool and unless I rebind, I cannot access the DJI flight app.

Surely this is not right - has anyone else had this issue? I installed using the WIFI update first, but hit the 99% wall, then I installed using the DJI Assistant 2 and it worked, but now I have this frustrating issue.

Geoff
2020-9-27
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

LeeG Posted at 9-22 17:08
It worked for me!

Glad you got it up and running
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dickovich Posted at 9-27 04:54
I have recently updated my Smart Controller (exclusively linked to my M2P) with the V01.00.0820 firmware.

Post install it made me rebind to the M2P using the Aircraft Management page.

Have you login in to the DJI account over WiFi at least one with the controller? The controller should stay bind with the Aircraft unless you change the model.
2020-9-27
Use props
dickovich
lvl.1
Australia

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-27 04:59
Have you login in to the DJI account over WiFi at least one with the controller? The controller should stay bind with the Aircraft unless you change the model.

Ill try that now - no I haven't....
2020-9-27
Use props
dickovich
lvl.1
Australia

ZeuS-FL Posted at 9-27 04:59
Have you login in to the DJI account over WiFi at least one with the controller? The controller should stay bind with the Aircraft unless you change the model.

SO I have connected to the M2P using the smartcontroller in a WIFI situation.  no difference. It appears that with the new FW, my smartcontroller now only allows DJI GO4 to launch once you are connected to the aircraft.  Once I power on my smartcontroller, then the aircraft, the controller binds no issues, but with the previous FW versions, you could still open DJI GO4 without the aircraft running.  

Very frustrating when you want to access the app and check flight data etc.  

Any ideas ? Is this specific to me or a product of the new FW update?
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

But when you go to the apps and select DJI GO4 with the aircraft off, is not opening?
2020-9-27
Use props
fans4236e6fb
lvl.1
Australia

I can’t access the DJIGO4 app unless the aircraft is on and connected to the remote.  When I power on the controller and press connect when the aircraft is off I go to aircraft management - but if I press connect when the aircraft is on - it connects to the app like normal.
2020-9-27
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans4236e6fb Posted at 9-27 17:17
I can’t access the DJIGO4 app unless the aircraft is on and connected to the remote.  When I power on the controller and press connect when the aircraft is off I go to aircraft management - but if I press connect when the aircraft is on - it connects to the app like normal.

That is very strange. I will refresh the firmware. That is not normal.
2020-9-27
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

fans4236e6fb Posted at 9-27 17:17
I can’t access the DJIGO4 app unless the aircraft is on and connected to the remote.  When I power on the controller and press connect when the aircraft is off I go to aircraft management - but if I press connect when the aircraft is on - it connects to the app like normal.

Same here, I think they have changed it in the new firmware version. When the aircraft is paired and on, everything is like it was in the previous version. If not then it goes to the aircraft management. But I can still start and run the DJI Go 4 app from the system "installed apps" screen.
2020-9-27
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you get insufficient memory warning you put the SC in Developer mode that allows you to browse System folders. You will most likely find a not completed download and can then delete that file.
2020-9-28
Use props
OFAP1
lvl.1
United States

it's a shame that a company that can produce such a quality UAV cannot provide a simple firmware update process.

i've tried every suggestion posted here, but to no avail.
2020-9-29
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I guess DJI has so much pressure releasing this firmware that has no time on testing and fine tuning the process.

The process is not easy for DJI. They can assure the firmware will install assuming you have a factory image. Each smart controller is a different story. Each person has X amount of data + X amount of apps installed. Is very difficult for a company test all the possible scenarios in a short period. Even Microsoft with all the resources has troubles with this At this point is not only an app issue, is the operating system issue that is not the expertise of DJI, this is a google operating system and DJI will require googles support. Having the limitation of internal storage space they need to make miracles with the process. If the smart controller has a 32GB or 64GB internal storage the story will be so different.

I wish we can install the OS in the SD card and forget about the internal storage. I will don’t be surprise if they announce in a near feature Smart Controller 2
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules