Flight distance : 11936 ft
United States

Thank you so much for making the OSD work in INAV as well

2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

You are more than welcome. We are happy to know that you are enjoying this feature. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-9-24
Use props
darkhawkreaper.org
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I thought the inav developers had to trick DJI airunit to think it was beta flight to get osd to work?
2020-9-27
Use props
silpheedx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11936 ft
United States

darkhawkreaper.org Posted at 9-27 09:04
I thought the inav developers had to trick DJI airunit to think it was beta flight to get osd to work?

Maybe, either way it works ^_^
2020-9-27
Use props
bitis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17392 ft
Sweden

It´s a good first step!
But AFAIK the iNAV implementation is not yetsupporting the full range of iNAV features, like eg arrow to home pointer, etc ? Correct?
The iNAV devs had to mimic the Betaflight reduced set of telemetry parameters thus not fully utilizing the beauty of iNAV.
This is a bit of a dealbreaker to me. I would love to see DJI FPV goggles support 100% native iNAV msp telemetry / OSD, PLEASE.

THEN I would buy the DJI goggles.
2020-11-25
Use props
MartyFufkin
lvl.1

Canada

bitis Posted at 11-25 08:47
It´s a good first step!
But AFAIK the iNAV implementation is not yetsupporting the full range of iNAV features, like eg arrow to home pointer, etc ? Correct?
The iNAV devs had to mimic the Betaflight reduced set of telemetry parameters thus not fully utilizing the beauty of iNAV.

Arrow works fine...  Missing a few things like artificial horizon (nice for climbing in fixed wing but not critical) but has angle of pitch and roll instead.  No map or waypoints in HUD but many other things when combined with LUA on your OpenTx can fill in blanks where things are missing.  So, not perfect but satisfactory and hoping for more...  Like, efficiency, wind direction, air speed with GPS speed and others.  

Worth seriously considering now if that was what was holding you back.  I have a 5" , 2" micro quad both on BF.  I am using a 5" long range quad on iNAV and regularly fly 5km flights away from home with it and 2 km flights at 10m altitude.  I have fixed wing on iNAV and do >5km flights and now working on VTOL wing and all have DJI working amazingly.  There's a way to also get MAVLink from Pixhawk Ardupilot converted to get OSD on DJI but that is very rudimentary still and uses a mini arduino board as a hack...  which can only improve as well.

Hope this helps.
2020-11-26
Use props
djiuser_VS7qBPlU5vc8
New
Singapore

Agree, the current implementation is a great step in the right direction although some basics like airspeed (gps ground speed is implemented but not pitot based airspeed) or throttle position are missing and can hopefully be implemented easily in the very near future. Fingers crossed
2021-6-7
Use props
Cajoler
New

Germany

I'm searching for some kind of list where i can read what's supported on iNav OSD elements: Is there anybody here smarter than Google who can post a list (or a link to a list) ?
I'm using iNav 3.0 with DJI Cam on my Wings.
2021-6-22
Use props
djiuser_xZ1UU4lE2tLe
lvl.2
Switzerland

Same for me. I have a list for Betaflight but not for INAV
2021-6-23
Use props
fans73f7fff9
New
Germany

Same here. A list of supported INAV osd elements would be appropriated. Only guesswork at the moment.
2021-6-25
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

so hard to tell since occusync air and other dji digital fpv are all lumped into the same category here ... so are we talking about the first gen occusync air unit working with iNAV?

how about iNAV 3.0... my understanding was that this was a major update.. anything new working with this version

I plan to build a flying wing with a MATEK F411-WSE flight controller and it only has 2 full UART. .. UART 1 for GPS, UART2 for SBUS and I have researched and found a special mod iNAV target for this board that reassigns the LED pad to make softserial bidirectional for OSD support...

can anyone elaborate on this ?

2021-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules