Hey DJI Why aren't Galaxy Tablets compatible with the Air 2?
6643 21 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3948947 ft
  • >>>
United States

It doeasn't appear that any of the Galaxy tablets are compatable with the Mavic Air 2, why is that?  I have a 2017 Tab A 8.0 I would like to use...works great on the first Air.

Brian
2020-9-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I tried one of those too because mine worked fine for the Mini. No good for the MA2, kept freezing or crashing. I assume the bitrate was just too fast. So it stays on the Mini. And anyway, it doesn't even have a magnetic sensor (compass)
2020-9-22
Use props
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 9-22 18:46
I tried one of those too because mine worked fine for the Mini. No good for the MA2, kept freezing or crashing. I assume the bitrate was just too fast. So it stays on the Mini. And anyway, it doesn't even have a magnetic sensor (compass)

I want to upgrade to a better tablet  but I hate Apple and want to stick with Galaxy.  Looks like the only Galaxy that will work is a $700 tablet!
2020-9-22
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

For the MA2 I am now using a used ASUS Zenpad Z8s ($75). Works ok but I do have to turn off cached video and use a screen recorder instead. Too many disconnects in sport mode and 4k with the cached video on.  Not a problem for me.

Same one, price increased: https://www.ebay.com/itm/ASUS-Ze ... 2057872.m2749.l2649

2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Brian. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. As of the moment the Samsung Galaxy Tablets are not compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-22
Use props
djiuser_7Mo8n2Ey5wSD
New
United States

That's pretty unacceptable if you ask me.  From what I read, the DJI Fly App needs a 64 bit processor, is that true?  Is there not a Samsung tablet with a 64 bit processor?  I think there are several.  I would like to fly on a tablet as well.  Please advise if there are any updates
2020-9-27
Use props
3Recon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

Hi I've beat this dog a few time (No animals were hurt while typing this reply ) One of the controller monitors I've been using is a NON Listed Samsung Galaxy Tab s3 along with my 9+, I going use to the size of the Tab s3 and with a sun screen is a little awkward to me buttt it's coming a round for me mainly to my hand and fingers oh also new to Air2 controller 9-1-2020. I've attached my setup.
Have had no issues except self inflicted with screen protector a little hard to select me/object for quick shots circle Boomerang like thoughs at high alt. because of my fly zone surrounded by trees and I try another time with  s-pen.
sized-Screenshot_20200920-154004.jpg
2020-9-27
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the best Samsung tablet at the moment. It's t h e Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 +. It works great.
20200921_153648.jpg
2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 9-28 00:11
I got the best Samsung tablet at the moment. It's t h e Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 +. It works great.

Cool looking set up
2020-9-28
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 9-28 00:11

420 nits for that price is not worth it
2020-9-28
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 with the DJI Fly app.  It works great for both the Mavic Mini and Mavic Air 2.  No issues whatsoever.
2020-9-28
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

lannes Posted at 9-28 02:43

I just showing what a powerful tablet can do. Not sure the smart controller can do these. 120 hz refresh rate running multi app on this 12.4 inches AMOLED screen is amazing. Of course,  I am not flying with all these running. So I rather buying this tablet.
Screenshot_20200929-125459.jpg
Screenshot_20200929-125727_Samsung Internet Beta.jpg
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_2hvkIf8GM8WH
New

United Kingdom

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 2020-9-29 09:06
I just showing what a powerful tablet can do. Not sure the smart controller can do these. 120 hz refresh rate running multi app on this 12.4 inches AMOLED screen is amazing. Of course,  I am not flying with all these running. So I rather buying this tablet.[Image]

Hi, I am just about to get the S7+ tab but struggling to find an adaptor that will fit the Mavic air 2 controller, can I ask where you got yours from please and did you get the extended cable with it or else where?... Cheers.
2021-1-28
Use props
maihem.rc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2076335 ft
  • >>>
United States

Twistedlarch Posted at 2020-9-22 19:09
I want to upgrade to a better tablet  but I hate Apple and want to stick with Galaxy.  Looks like the only Galaxy that will work is a $700 tablet!

I am with you on a great distaste for Apple.  But, I really like flying DJI drones and having something that works reliably...so I have an iPad mini that I use most of the time and picked up a regular iPad when they were on sale for more screen.  I'm not saying others cannot find something that works reliably, but when I couldn't get through a single flight using Android, and tried several different android devices, I reluctantly borrowed and iPad mini and had no issues.
2021-1-28
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_2hvkIf8GM8WH Posted at 1-28 06:05
Hi, I am just about to get the S7+ tab but struggling to find an adaptor that will fit the Mavic air 2 controller, can I ask where you got yours from please and did you get the extended cable with it or else where?... Cheers.

This is what I got for the S7+
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08B7YYZKN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_D61S23V92W65XDDCYQKD

For the cable you can just use the USB C to USB C cable that come with the tablet.
2021-1-28
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Twistedlarch Posted at 2020-9-22 19:09
I want to upgrade to a better tablet  but I hate Apple and want to stick with Galaxy.  Looks like the only Galaxy that will work is a $700 tablet!

Why on earth do you hate Apple. I have an ipad air 2 (wifi), and it works great 5 years later. and, with the MA2.  Battery still very strong. Don't be a hater.
2021-1-29
Use props
Twistedlarch
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

JimDandy Posted at 1-29 09:17
Why on earth do you hate Apple. I have an ipad air 2 (wifi), and it works great 5 years later. and, with the MA2.  Battery still very strong. Don't be a hater.

I don't like Apple for numerous reasons... Too many to list.    It's my opinion and I have a right to it, so get off of your "Apple high horse" and move along.
2021-1-29
Use props
JimDandy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United States

Twistedlarch Posted at 1-29 09:25
I don't like Apple for numerous reasons... Too many to list.    It's my opinion and I have a right to it, so get off of your "Apple high horse" and move along.

I'm not on an apple high horse. Never have been. I'm an android guy. I like the open source of android over apple by a long shot.  I don't really care for apple's proprietary nature.  I never said that you didn't have an opinion, or  a right to be as closed minded as you appear to be. That's your choice. My point is, Apple makes a great product, that just plain works.  I'm not looking to change your mind here. That is something left to the professionals.  I just can't stand it when someone digs in, for no good reasons,  that have no merit. just simply a feeling  ("hate") in this instance. Moving on now, enjoy!
2021-1-29
Use props
djiuser_GuPxSuWSMLGW
New
Flight distance : 5016 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-9-22 21:19
Hello there Brian. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have given. As of the moment the Samsung Galaxy Tablets are not compatible with the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. But rest assured that our DJI R&D Team are continuously testing multiple mobile devices to be added on the said list in the future. Thank you for your understanding.

Ok so it's 2021, can dji app now work with Samsung tablets?? Looking at getting the s7. And don't wont to buy it if it doesn't work.
2021-5-4
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GuPxSuWSMLGW Posted at 5-4 16:53
Ok so it's 2021, can dji app now work with Samsung tablets?? Looking at getting the s7. And don't wont to buy it if it doesn't work.

You should assume it doesn't work unless you have info from a user with one. I have two used tablets that I bought on eBay for under $75 each that work perfectly.
2021-5-4
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

I've been using a Galaxy Tab S7 with my Air 2 - No problems at all.
2021-5-5
Use props
SengFeng
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1539150 ft
United States

lannes Posted at 2020-9-28 02:43

That is the one drawback, but with a good sunshade, it's very usable.
2021-5-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules