Not receiving authorization zone unlock verfication text
12Next >
22938 48 2020-9-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gwshark
lvl.1
United States

I have a Mavic Pro 2 and am currently not recieving the DJI SMS message with the authorization code to unlock my drone so I can fly in a blue zone.  This happens with the DJI Go 4 app on my iphone 11 pro.   The app says that the code has been sent to my phone number and it is waiting for me to input the verfication code... the trouble is that I never receive any SMS message from DJI.   So I am unable to fly.   However, if I drive back home to my desktop computer and go to the DJI flysafe self-unlock website, I can enter the information and recieve the SMS message right away and am able to unlock and fly.     I have tested the phone and can send/recieve messages at that location, so it's not an issue of cellular coverage.   I tested it at another location later and experienced the same issue.  Any suggestions?  My DJI Go 4 app is up to date, and my firmware is up to date.   
2020-9-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi gwshark, we are so sorry to read the verfication code was unable to be received with the DJI Go 4, you are recommended to email to flysafe@dji.com with the version of the APP, firmware and your phone number, our team will help check and get it solved.
2020-9-23
Use props
gwshark
lvl.1
United States

This is the reply I received from flysafe@dji.com:  

Viki.Gao (DJI Support)

2020年9月24日 GMT+89:10
Dear Greg,

Thank you for contacting DJI.

Sincerely sorry that the system may not support your phone number at present. Our technical department will follow up on this issue to make an improvement as soon as possible. Your kind understanding will be highly appreciated.

Please check the following unlocking process to have the blue authorization zone unlocked.

Customer-unlock
You could also visit this link and submit a Custom Unlocking request for the blue Authorization zone.
http://www.dji.com/flysafe/custom-unlock.
Our audit department will review the request for you in 1 hour at any time.

Please kindly note the following information:
1). It is unnecessary to submit the Authorization document for this area. (Please avoid overlapping the restricted zone when you draw the unlocking circle)(Please attach a blank document in step 1 to proceed )

2). The flight controller serial number will be needed: (It can be found in the DJI app’s about page), please check the attached picture for your reference.

3). Kindly note that the unit of the unlocking radius is KM, and the unit of the unlocking height is M.

4). The maximum unlocking period of the blue zone is one year without authorization. You could kindly submit a new request when the unlocking license is expired. Please re-submit.

--

By the way,
My cell phone number should be supported.  I have received several unlock codes from the DJI Go 4 app to my cell phone in the past.  The last one was August 21st.   
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

gwshark Posted at 9-23 19:55
This is the reply I received from :  

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, your concern has been well received and our team will keep optimizing the issue. At the moment, please unlock the blue authorization zone on the GEO website. Appreciate your understanding.
2020-9-23
Use props
alex.krotkov
New
Mexico

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-9-23 22:36
Sorry for the inconvenience caused, your concern has been well received and our team will keep optimizing the issue. At the moment, please unlock the blue authorization zone on the GEO website. Appreciate your understanding.

Hi, I'm running into the same issue. I live in Puerto Escondido (Mexico), it's a small town with an airport inside the town = after recent changes of the blue area, almost ALL the town is inside of it now, not letting us fly anywhere. And the SMS never arrives, neither to my phone nor to any other we have tried. I already restarted everything several times and reinstalled the app, nothing helped.
Already sent an email to the address you mentioned below, it's request number is 3405798.
Could you please help me out asap to resolve the issue? It's a big frustration because I urgently need to take photos and cannot fly the drone anywhere in town. Thanks
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_EzAdWQMcfYc0
New

Mexico

alex.krotkov@gmail.com Posted at 3-7 13:06
Hi, I'm running into the same issue. I live in Puerto Escondido (Mexico), it's a small town with an airport inside the town = after recent changes of the blue area, almost ALL the town is inside of it now, not letting us fly anywhere. And the SMS never arrives, neither to my phone nor to any other we have tried. I already restarted everything several times and reinstalled the app, nothing helped.
Already sent an email to the address you mentioned below, it's request number is 3405798.
Could you please help me out asap to resolve the issue? It's a big frustration because I urgently need to take photos and cannot fly the drone anywhere in town. Thanks

Te resolvieron Alex? Mismo problema desde torreón Coahuila:/
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_nZFsqKRm0xAw
New
Flight distance : 11617 ft
Mexico

djiuser_EzAdWQMcfYc0 Posted at 3-7 19:54
Te resolvieron Alex? Mismo problema desde torreón Coahuila:/

Mismo problema, también en TRC
2021-3-8
Use props
Rupa182
New
Flight distance : 472 ft
Mexico

djiuser_nZFsqKRm0xAw Posted at 3-8 20:34
Mismo problema, también en TRC

Tambien Desde Torreon .
pude hacerlo con un permiso custom pero solo dura 24 horas  ;S
2021-3-8
Use props
Gulfstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had this happen to me recently as well, system does not recognize my T-Mobile issued number. I've lost 2 jobs, and subsequently a client over this issue. First time, they gave me a break... second time not so much. Yes, I know how to do it, have unlocked my P4P many times with same phone number.
2021-3-10
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

The situation is worse than this. DJI has been silent but it is now obvious that they do not issue self-unlocks  form their app, in blue zones any more. You have to go online to their website and request a general three day unlock, or a more narrow and specific area for a year. This is not workable for my business and (I'm guessing) nor for many others. DJI is no longer user friendly. Geozones were the start... but easy to work with self unlocks from the app. Guess it is  time to move on to Skydio or Autel.... they may cost a little more, but at least you can fly!
2021-3-18
Use props
djiuser_izpxVFQbB5V5
New

Brazil

DJI, WHERE IS THE F.... SMS CODE!?!?!?!?
2021-4-30
Use props
djiuser_KoC2emoTE2BW
New
Germany

Habe keinen Code bekommen.
2021-5-6
Use props
fans6e5b2b46
New

United States

Just bought a new DJI drone and I'm having the same issue.  I tried it during several times of the day just in case it was a system load issue, but nothing.   You need to have blanket authentication built-in to the DJI account.  Safety and legality is the responsibility of the PIC, NOT the company that made the drone (or the logging/tracking that you're doing for metrics)  

It's beyond unreasonable that your company is grounding my personally owned property, preventing me from using it for work, or recreation.   I guess I'm back to my Autel, 3DR, and custom work birds... so much for having fun with your newest offering.   
2021-5-6
Use props
RezHD
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1209547 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans6e5b2b46 Posted at 5-6 13:16
Just bought a new DJI drone and I'm having the same issue.  I tried it during several times of the day just in case it was a system load issue, but nothing.   You need to have blanket authentication built-in to the DJI account.  Safety and legality is the responsibility of the PIC, NOT the company that made the drone (or the logging/tracking that you're doing for metrics)  

It's beyond unreasonable that your company is grounding my personally owned property, preventing me from using it for work, or recreation.   I guess I'm back to my Autel, 3DR, and custom work birds... so much for having fun with your newest offering.

I agree.  I'm having the same issue.

I find it interesting that I can get an authorization from the FAA in a matter of minutes, but then need to spend days trying to get DJI's system unlocked.   DJI is trying to say the problem is with my phone.  DJI appears to be the only one I am NOT receiving SMS messages from.  And now they have told me to just wait a few days and try again.   DJI has the absolute worst customer service.
2021-6-8
Use props
gregwhiteshark!
lvl.1
United States

Ok this issue has once again caused me to lose another job because I’m not Receiving the verification code text.   Getting this code from DJI in the field is unreliable so I can no longer use this drone foe my work.  I’m selling all of my DJI drones and going with another  brand.  Bye bye DJI and fu.  
2021-6-8
Use props
fans65ca5ac6
lvl.1
United States

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I was having the same issue.  When I entered my flight controller serial number, I assumed I was looking at zeros instead of the letter O.  I switched out the zeros for O's and then it worked for me.
2021-6-10
Use props
fansd999155a
New

Canada

July 2021 same issue no code received my phone is same exact number for 20 years, worked every other time??
2021-7-28
Use props
sgrant64
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41969 ft
United States

fansd999155a Posted at 7-28 09:39
July 2021 same issue no code received my phone is same exact number for 20 years, worked every other time??

Without the unlock code, may I ask what is the message you are receiving when attempting to fly in the above-mentioned restricted zone?
2021-7-29
Use props
djiuser_56kxl7EJKUHP
New

Vietnam

Same issue here, I cannot receive unlock code after 50 retries. Can you look into this issue more seriously?
2021-9-20
Use props
fans0f8cedc2
New

United States

I am having a similar issue, but slightly different.  I have been issued a blue zone unlock authorization.  I have uploaded it to the drone (a Mavic 2 Pro).  But when I try to toggle to activate it on the craft, I get an error message stating that authentication has failed.  Not sure what that means.  Does anyone else have experience with this error?
2021-10-17
Use props
pixelpirate
New
Flight distance : 14131 ft
New Zealand

DJI Mindy Posted at 2020-9-23 02:53
Hi gwshark, we are so sorry to read the verfication code was unable to be received with the DJI Go 4, you are recommended to email to  with the version of the APP, firmware and your phone number, our team will help check and get it solved.

Im in the same boat as gwshark. My iphone 11 pro max version 15.0.2 wont receive a verification code from your team. Very frustrating. Please fix the issue
2021-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

pixelpirate Posted at 10-23 00:00
Im in the same boat as gwshark. My iphone 11 pro max version 15.0.2 wont receive a verification code from your team. Very frustrating. Please fix the issue

Hi there, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please contact  flysafe@dji.com and report the unlock issue you encountered, our team will help accordingly. Sorry again for making you frustrating.
2021-10-23
Use props
Drone_da_Amazonia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2635200 ft
Brazil

I had the same problem. Just wrote to dji support, and the support team answered in 5 min wi th instructions. Thank you. Everythig is fine. Thank you Victor Han.
2021-10-25
Use props
fans04cc616a
New

United States

Try to use voice message verification! It’s work for me!
2021-11-13
Use props
POIAerial
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5100614 ft
Canada

Same issue today, however through the website it's not sending me a code..... I enter in my number, but no code sent.  Click send SMS, nothing.....moved my entire setup outside of the red zone and the authorization would only let me fly up to the point where the red zone started, then the P4 RTK just stopped mid-air.  Wasted almost 5 hours F(*&()& with this nonsense.

What's the fix.
2021-11-23
Use props
JChandler
lvl.2
Flight distance : 485046 ft
United States

Same issue. Tried website and phone, on 2 different phones multiple times, received no SMS messages. I flew at the same site a couple of months ago with no issue. What the hell happened?
2021-12-2
Use props
Donald Doss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701699 ft
United States

Sitting here grounded due to the same issue.
The code will not send from the app.
When I visit the desktop version of flysafe, the page won't unlock.

I'm telling people to avoid DJI products this Christmas.
2021-12-9
Use props
Donald Doss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 701699 ft
United States

Drone_da_Amazonia Posted at 10-25 05:32
I had the same problem. Just wrote to dji support, and the support team answered in 5 min wi th instructions. Thank you. Everythig is fine. Thank you Victor Han.

and what was the fix?
2021-12-9
Use props
dbskyfld
lvl.2
Flight distance : 138914 ft

France

Bonjour à tous,
Même problème rencontré pour la France, impossible de déverrouiller une zone bleue, malgré les documents fournis…
Cela mérite une explication urgente de la part de DJI… Nous sommes soumis pour ces zones, aux autorisations de la DGAC et Préfecture (Pour mon cas, en France), et non pas au bon vouloir de DJI …
3 contrats perdus, une prise de tête car je pensais que mon matériel était en cause et tout le reste…
SVP DJI, donnez-nous les raisons, un correctif …
Merci et bonne journée à tous.

Hello everyone, Same problem encountered for France, impossible to unlock a blue zone, despite the documents provided ... This deserves an urgent explanation from DJI ... We are subject for these areas, to authorizations from the DGAC and Prefecture (In my case, in France), and not to the goodwill of DJI ... 3 lost contracts, a headache because I thought my equipment was involved and everything else ... Please DJI, give us the reasons, a fix ... Thank you and have a good day everyone.
2021-12-10
Use props
vii777
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87152 ft
United States

Just came to take my leave DJI. Same Issue in Hawaii. I make a living with photography/cinematography. Shots can't wait for "Drone issues" my equipment needs to work and if DJI cant perform and insists on embarrassing me in front of clients like this then they REALLY don't deserve my business. BYEEEEEEE
2021-12-16
Use props
Imker-Jos
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1247 ft
Netherlands

Same is happening in the Netherlands.
Trying to unlock doesnot result in a SMS code from DJI; nothing received.
At the same spot unlocking was working fine for months.
What can I do about this nasty show-stopper?
2021-12-16
Use props
Imker-Jos
lvl.1
Netherlands

Imker-Jos Posted at 12-16 10:53
Same is happening in the Netherlands.
Trying to unlock doesnot result in a SMS code from DJI; nothing received.
At the same spot unlocking was working fine for months.

I managed to get unlocked areas! Via https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/background-information I filled in MyBackground, MyDevice, Pilot and after that I could select blue authorisation areas with a timeframe (3 days) to be unlocked. Today I will see how it will work out in the field.
2021-12-16
Use props
Imker-Jos
lvl.1
Netherlands

I tried to unlock the aircraft on location via SMS. Just once I recieved an SMS, but I spoiled that one due to delay caused by interruptions.
After that single shot, nothing was recieved.

At home another search for solution. I found out that you need te synchroon the unlock information into the aircraft.

After synchronisation this information with my aircraft it works!
See instructions on https://d32xrmdsd5z66d.cloudfront.net/flysafe-policy/Unlocking+Steps+for+DJI+GO+4+V2.pdf

I still do not understand the 'not receiving SMS problem, but this way is workable for me.

2021-12-17
Use props
fansbc989063
lvl.2
United States

I have the DJI FPV2 Drone. For the life of me, I can's get the Zones to unlock for permission to fly! HELP ME PLEASE!! Can someone please give me an EASY step by step along with any simple procedure hooking up the phone from the goggle battery to goggles etc etc etc.. Do I even have to hook up all the cables when unlocking geo zones? I have done everything I can think of but I still get 'unable to fly restricted zone' in my goggles. I live in a blue zone and have gone to the DJI Fly SAFE page, put in the requested information without success. After putting in the requested Info everything on the page seems as if it was approved but I still am getting unable to fly restricted zone in my goggles, WTF! Is there an easy way to be able to fly my drone? Can I do an on-sight unlock and if so a step-by-step (number them please) how to accomplish? I have triple-checked my flight control number and my RC #. Clarify to me which one I should use and that I'm entering the correct # into the DJI FLY SAFE PORTAL.
2021-12-24
Use props
Muad Diz
New
Flight distance : 833 ft
Canada

Same issue here in Winnipeg Canada, no SMS verification code sent.
2022-4-4
Use props
djiuser_SRprt9zYLPoe
New

Canada

Imker-Jos Posted at 2021-12-16 23:35
I managed to get unlocked areas! Via https://fly-safe.dji.com/account-manage/background-information I filled in MyBackground, MyDevice, Pilot and after that I could select blue authorisation areas with a timeframe (3 days) to be unlocked. Today I will see how it will work out in the field.

Thanks for that, but I don't have any option to submit without SMS verification code.
2022-4-5
Use props
Martindo
New

Canada

fans04cc616a Posted at 2021-11-13 07:45
Try to use voice message verification! It’s work for me!

Thanks, but that voice option is not offered.
2022-4-5
Use props
djiuser_LaxhoMUvb0NW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 214656 ft
United States

Solution that works for me using the desk top web site:
I first logged in to my DJI account. Then, on the "Application" page where you put your name, email address, and phone number....In the "Area Code" box I only scrolled to the "+1" and did not put an area code in it. In the "Phone Number" box I put in my area code and phone number. I clicked to continue, then clicked on the Get SMS code and it worked. I've done this with both Andriod and Apple phones and different numbers.

Finally, after nearly a year of dealing with the DJI tech support know nothings I've got the geo zone unlocks working. I will never buy another DJI product. I know, the Autels fly like bricks, but at least they fly.

Good luck
2022-4-15
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Welcome to dji
2022-4-15
Use props
djiuser_1fJcEdGlQZSq
New
Flight distance : 15978 ft
United States

I have this same problem and this drone is better off as a paper weight. This code verification should not be 60 seconds!!!! FIX THIS DJI OR I WANT MY MONEY BACK
2022-9-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules