Vertical video with Osmo Pocket (with Mimo App)
4835 5 2020-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yonontheshore
New

Germany

Hi,

I couldnt find any solution for this online, so i wonder if i am the only one with this Problem.

When I turn the Osmo Pocket with my mobilephone (Xiaomi A2 and Poco x3) into the vertical/portrait mode for Video the screen turns 90° as well but the funktion of the control button on the screen stays as it was in horizontal mode. So when i move it to the right the camera moves up, when i move up it moves to the left ect.

Can you guys confirm this behavior?

is there a solution to handle it?

like this its not really usable for the vertical mode and yeah, i know everyone hates vertical videos but i need them for insta stories.

Best,

yon

2020-9-23
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

On Mimo app when connected to op find the easy gimbal setting and switch it off. You now have 2 virtual joysticks to operate pan and tilt . This should solve the problem for you
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there yon. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try using a different recommended mobile device for your DJI Osmo Pocket for us to be able to isolate the said issue. Upon checking the said mobile devices ( Xiaomi A2 and Poco x3 ) that your are trying to use on your DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile devices are not recommended for the said camera and with the said application. We would suggest using a recommended mobile device for the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application for compatibility and reliability purposes. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi A2 and Poco x3 will be able to work on the DJI Osmo Pocket and with the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said camera and with the said application we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while using it on the DJI Osmo Pocket. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile devices for the DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you for your understanding.

2020-9-23
Use props
yonontheshore
New

Germany

Robb OConnor Posted at 9-23 11:05
On Mimo app when connected to op find the easy gimbal setting and switch it off. You now have 2 virtual joysticks to operate pan and tilt . This should solve the problem for you

Hi Robb,

can you tell me where i can find the easy gimbel setting?

Best

Yon
2020-9-28
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

yonontheshore Posted at 9-28 00:11
Hi Robb,

can you tell me where i can find the easy gimbel setting?

On the Mimo app with op connected if you go to the camera setting tab (the picture of a camera ) you can toggle the switch on or off which gives you the options
2020-9-29
Use props
Robb OConnor
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Robb OConnor Posted at 9-29 00:00
On the Mimo app with op connected if you go to the camera setting tab (the picture of a camera ) you can toggle the switch on or off which gives you the options [view_image]

You should then have the option of two  joysticks as in this photo
2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules