DJI customer friendly?
694 11 2020-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3
Flight distance : 350627 ft

Sweden

I have a problem with the Pilote app 1.1.4. Wrote my questions to pilot@dji.com and explained, not an aswer.
Next I wrote once again and complained that its not possible to export loggs and watch loggs on Iphone 11 Pro. I told them that the old version 1.1.3 worked. I get an answer back that my phone is not supported. What? Not supported, i cant belive that DJI hanging in backline with this product.

My answer to DJI
Thank you very much for your reply, I think it’s very strange that iPhone 11 pro max is not supported on the operating system iOS 14
This is a very expensive drone and I must say that I would expect more of this application.
It seems like Mavic 2 Pro which is a consumer drone get some more updates then this enterprise eddition
I really regret that I bought this one, too much money and it won’t even work on DJI Go 4. I don’t why it’s so impossible to integrate to make a complete system on the pilot app. Include the functions there are in the consumer application and this one would be the really perfect one
As I told you before 1.1.3 worked very well, 1.1.4 was a disappointment. So the application works on iPhone 11 Pro Max, except for the logs in the latest version

DJI answer me
Thank you for your reply.

I really understand your frustration. Rechecked it with our senior engineers, it is a compatible issue and recommends you use a mobile device on the suggested list. We are really sorry for the trouble caused. Mavic 2 Enterprise is not a consumer drone and it cannot use the DJI Go 4 app.

Nevertheless, the requests have been raised already to our Research and Development Team, and hopefully, iPhone 11 pro max will be compatible in the near future.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused and your understanding is highly appreciated.

So what happens now when Iphone 12 will get released?

2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mikael, thanks for your feedback and sorry to read your experience, we will confirm with our engineers and come back to you soon, please wait a moment. Thank you.
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Sorry to keep you waiting, we need more information for further analysis. Do you still have the previous version V1.1.3? If yes, may we have a picture of the flight record page or a short video? Besides, did you click the Synchronization icon to see whether the flight records will be available? flight record.png
2020-9-24
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3

Sweden

Hi. No I have not the Pilote 1.1.3 anymore, Apple updated this to 1.1.4.
On this version I can't click synchronized because there are no button for it. I will include a picture from my phone directly.There are flightlogs but as you see there are to smal window for it.

IMG_1118.jpg
IMG_1120.jpg
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikael Sweden Posted at 9-24 03:50
Hi. No I have not the Pilote 1.1.3 anymore, Apple updated this to 1.1.4.
On this version I can't click synchronized because there are no button for it. I will include a picture from my phone directly.There are flightlogs but as you see there are to smal window for it.

We apologize again on behalf of our support team. It should not be the issue of the mobile device. We have forwarded to our engineers for attention, we will keep optimizing the APP, the flight records were not lost, please note the future APP update, thank you.
2020-9-24
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-24 23:07
We apologize again on behalf of our support team. It should not be the issue of the mobile device. We have forwarded to our engineers for attention, we will keep optimizing the APP, the flight records were not lost, please note the future APP update, thank you.

Thanks, then I wait for the update, please even update the app with waypoints and follow me, that would be great.
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikael Sweden Posted at 9-25 00:22
Thanks, then I wait for the update, please even update the app with waypoints and follow me, that would be great.

Hi Mikael, I just got an update from our engineers, the iPhone 11 and the iPad are really not in the compatibility list, therefore, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured along with the update of the APP.
We do find the same issue in other iOS devices which are in the compatibility list and we will keep optimizing these devices, but the compatibility between the iPhone 11/ iPad and DJI Pilot APP still cannot be guaranteed at this moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2020-9-25
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 05:21
Hi Mikael, I just got an update from our engineers, the iPhone 11 and the iPad are really not in the compatibility list, therefore, the compatibility cannot be fully ensured along with the update of the APP.
We do find the same issue in other iOS devices which are in the compatibility list and we will keep optimizing these devices, but the compatibility between the iPhone 11/ iPad and DJI Pilot APP still cannot be guaranteed at this moment, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

So how can I back to version 1.1.3? That one worked.
For me it's important with the logs in case of any trouble.
I hate to say this, but you have great drones, but bad applications. And customers should expect more since there are developer accounts on Apple to make shore that it will be suitable on different systems.
High cost for the drone and a striped Pilot app.
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikael Sweden Posted at 9-25 05:36
So how can I back to version 1.1.3? That one worked.
For me it's important with the logs in case of any trouble.
I hate to say this, but you have great drones, but bad applications. And customers should expect more since there are developer accounts on Apple to make shore that it will be suitable on different systems.

I understand how you feel, your frustration will be reported to our engineers for further suggestion, we will keep updated as soon as possible.
2020-9-27
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-27 00:44
I understand how you feel, your frustration will be reported to our engineers for further suggestion, we will keep updated as soon as possible.

This is how 1.1.4 looking in a 4 year old iPad Pro
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikael Sweden Posted at 9-28 05:10
[view_image]
This is how 1.1.4 looking in a 4 year old iPad Pro

I've sent you PM, please check it, thanks.
2020-9-28
Use props
Mikael Sweden
lvl.3

Sweden

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-28 23:25
I've sent you PM, please check it, thanks.

Are the developers doing anything for fixing this for customers? Now is Iphone 12 released so its time to step up and fix a working Pilote app on IOS.  Or include Flir in DJI GO4 app so we have the funktions.
2020-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules