1887 11 2020-9-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JodyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302536 ft
  • >>>
United States

Trying my best to keep up with issues as an iOS developer. The latest version of mimo crashes when trying to open the mimo app running on iOS developer 14.2. I have tried rebooting, uninstalling and reinstalling and it still crashes just as soon as you open the mimo app. This would affect not just the OM 4 but any device that uses the mimo app. I have submitted feedback to apple but could a DJI moderator please pass that along?

2020-9-23
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing mate
2020-9-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Might pass this along to the Mimo app developers DJI Moderators, from the iOS/iPadOS 14.2 known issues list, not sure if this is the instant crash issue I’m seeing though:

Apps built with the iOS 14 SDK that import SwiftUI and StoreKit in the same file will crash on launch. Attempting to build with the iOS 14.2 SDK will result in an error. (69094398)
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there JodyB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these informative information here at DJI Forum. I will cascade this threads to the designated DJI Department and as of the moment we are working hard to adapt the new operating system to the DJI Mimo application. If you are completely unable to use the said DJI product, kindly please use a mobile device with a slightly lower version operating system. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.
2020-9-23
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-23 20:34
Hello there JodyB. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these informative information here at DJI Forum. I will cascade this threads to the designated DJI Department and as of the moment we are working hard to adapt the new operating system to the DJI Mimo application. If you are completely unable to use the said DJI product, kindly please use a mobile device with a slightly lower version operating system. Again, I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for your understanding.

It’s no trouble for me DJI Stephen. I don’t develop with my goto devices. Only on devices provided by my workplace. But you are right, with the OM 4, that could knock someone out of using the app to do various things. And that’s but one reason I posted. Namely to let you guys know so it could be passed along and that someone else who might develops on their only device might be able to skip 14.2 and wait until the Mimo app can be recompiled. Thank you DJI Stephen for sending the information up and if there is anything I can do to help, just name it. Be safe and smile!!
2020-9-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JodyB Posted at 9-23 20:53
It’s no trouble for me DJI Stephen. I don’t develop with my goto devices. Only on devices provided by my workplace. But you are right, with the OM 4, that could knock someone out of using the app to do various things. And that’s but one reason I posted. Namely to let you guys know so it could be passed along and that someone else who might develops on their only device might be able to skip 14.2 and wait until the Mimo app can be recompiled. Thank you DJI Stephen for sending the information up and if there is anything I can do to help, just name it. Be safe and smile!!

Hi there JodyB. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given us. Again, thank you for your understanding and for supporting DJI. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-24
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 23:57
Hi there JodyB. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have given us. Again, thank you for your understanding and for supporting DJI. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

The latest app update has DJI Mimo working on iOS 14.2 now. Awesome work DJI and thanks DJI Stephen for escalating the issue!!
2020-9-25
Use props
MikeJT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 184567 ft
  • >>>
United States

JodyB Posted at 9-25 15:06
The latest app update has DJI Mimo working on iOS 14.2 now. Awesome work DJI and thanks DJI Stephen for escalating the issue!!

I still can’t launch any of the DJI apps with iOS 14.2. They crash. I’m afraid to delete any of the apps and reinstall as I believe I will loses any footage that hasn’t been exported. Guess I’ll have to wait for either iOS to update again or the DJI apps to update. Bummer can’t use my Osmo or my MavicAir
2020-9-27
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I don’t have any issues with any DJI app on 14.2 personally. I’ve not tried it in every device I work on, just the XR that I keep with me.
2020-9-27
Use props
JodyB
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

If you’re afraid of losing footage taken with an om 4, that’s supposed to be stored directly on the device. I have not tested that though so if you want to uninstall and reinstall, just back your stuff up before hand.
2020-9-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

JodyB Posted at 9-25 15:06
The latest app update has DJI Mimo working on iOS 14.2 now. Awesome work DJI and thanks DJI Stephen for escalating the issue!!

Hi there JodyB. Thank you for the reply and for the positive feedback. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. .
2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JodyB Posted at 9-23 14:36
Might pass this along to the Mimo app developers DJI Moderators, from the iOS/iPadOS 14.2 known issues list, not sure if this is the instant crash issue I’m seeing though:

Apps built with the iOS 14 SDK that import SwiftUI and StoreKit in the same file will crash on launch. Attempting to build with the iOS 14.2 SDK will result in an error. (69094398)

2020-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules