Request to separate receiver and air unit.
1349 5 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
throneoffarming
lvl.1

South Korea

I think that only the receiver can be modularized enough.

Many users won't have to buy a useless receiver every time and the air unit will get smaller.

The heat emitted by the receiver will also disappear.

OMG. The price will also be cheaper.

But they will never do that.

This is because I want to keep selling the Phantom 3 remote controller, which has no screen and cannot expand modules, for $299.

It's in stark contrast to a good controller with a $159 screen and a Hall sensor gimbal.
2020-9-24
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

Another solution would be dji making a transmitter module compatible with current transmitters for the receiver. Best of both worlds.
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for creating this informative post and sharing your personal insights regarding this matter. I will forward this thread and suggestion to our designated DJI support team for further attention and evaluation. Thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

I guess the receiver is the smallest part in the air unit. It shouldn´t be much smaller without it. And also not a cause of temperature. Or did ya ever had an hot or even warm Xfire-Receiver? I also guess the factory costs of it should be not worth mentioning if the Air Unit is produced.

I fly the DJI Remote Controller and i love it. I guess not much people gave it a chance right now.
2020-9-25
Use props
throneoffarming
lvl.1

South Korea

Ruhr Posted at 9-25 12:12
I guess the receiver is the smallest part in the air unit. It shouldn´t be much smaller without it. And also not a cause of temperature. Or did ya ever had an hot or even warm Xfire-Receiver? I also guess the factory costs of it should be not worth mentioning if the Air Unit is produced.

I fly the DJI Remote Controller and i love it. I guess not much people gave it a chance right now.

Modularization I'm talking about means that separate assembly is possible.

I'm not saying to just delete it.  

Those who need it can buy an assembled module.

But those who don't need it can save even very little cost and space.
2020-11-3
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

Apparently you get the receiver for free because it's on the same chip that receives data from the goggles, which they can't get rid of as then you'd just have audience mode and no betaflight integration.
2020-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules