751 8 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dejank
lvl.1
Flight distance : 74508 ft
Serbia

Hello everybody, new user here.
my question is can i use dji pilot app instead of go app?
i need area maping and taking pictures and this is like the best way i think.

my aircraft is mavic 2 pro

thank you and best regards
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there dejank. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I am sorry to say that the DJI Pilot application is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Pilot application only supports the latest DJI Enterprise Drones ( Including the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual ). For reference I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) where in you can see more about the DJI Pilot application. Thank you.
2020-9-24
Use props
dejank
lvl.1
Serbia

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-24 00:44
Hello there dejank. Thank you for reaching out and for this inquiry. I am sorry to say that the DJI Pilot application is not compatible with the DJI Mavic 2 Pro and DJI Pilot application only supports the latest DJI Enterprise Drones ( Including the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise and DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual ). For reference I will post a link ( https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-pilot ) where in you can see more about the DJI Pilot application. Thank you.

well that is a bad news

is there any alternatives for this aplication?
2020-9-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dejank Posted at 9-24 01:01
well that is a bad news

Trial the trial of DroneDeploy.  Its pretty good at mapping.  You can also use their app to take the picture without the subscription and use ODM to do the stitching - https://www.opendronemap.org/odm/
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

dejank Posted at 9-24 01:01
well that is a bad news

Hi there dejank. Thank you for the reply and as of the moment the DJI Go 4 is the only official application for the DJI Mavic 2 Pro.  Just a reminder to please use the DJI Go 4 application on your DJI Mavic 2 Pro for compatibility and reliability purposes. 3rd party application might work. However, since it's not optimized and tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the said 3rd party applications if it will work all the time with no issues and might void the warranty of the said DJI product. Thank you and have a safe flight always.
2020-9-25
Use props
dejank
lvl.1
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 9-24 04:00
Trial the trial of DroneDeploy.  Its pretty good at mapping.  You can also use their app to take the picture without the subscription and use ODM to do the stitching - https://www.opendronemap.org/odm/

any one using drone deploy? a have an big area and about of 1h15min of flight, i will need to change a battery couple times, does drone deploy return to home when battery is low? or it needs a manual landing?
2020-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dejank Posted at 9-25 04:19
any one using drone deploy? a have an big area and about of 1h15min of flight, i will need to change a battery couple times, does drone deploy return to home when battery is low? or it needs a manual landing?

It should come back for a battery change from what Ive read,  and IIRC you can set the % too.   I have to admit not doing this yet though,  all my maps were quite small.  But the 7 day trial is free and if you use sharklaser.com you can always try it multiple times.
2020-9-25
Use props
dejank
lvl.1
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 9-25 07:38
It should come back for a battery change from what Ive read,  and IIRC you can set the % too.   I have to admit not doing this yet though,  all my maps were quite small.  But the 7 day trial is free and if you use sharklaser.com you can always try it multiple times.

thank you for your reply i will try drone deploy, the area is over 200 hectares so i am scared, because i dont know the behavior of drone deploy, does it know how to calculate ETH and came back on time to change batteries
2020-9-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dejank Posted at 9-25 09:40
thank you for your reply i will try drone deploy, the area is over 200 hectares so i am scared, because i dont know the behavior of drone deploy, does it know how to calculate ETH and came back on time to change batteries

There is a simulation you can run to see what it will do.
2020-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules