Mavic Mini Active Track? No?
1103 18 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Superfly-
lvl.2

Hello, I'm new and I was wondering why I couldn't find Active Track with DJI Fly app?
2020-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Because the Mavic Mini simply does not have active track. Get the litchi app for something that closely resembles it
2020-9-25
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-25 08:32
Because the Mavic Mini simply does not have active track. Get the litchi app for something that closely resembles it
Well, the problem is I don't know how use litchi and how to attach it with DJI fly
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-25 09:29
Well, the problem is I don't know how use litchi and how to attach it with DJI fly

Litchi is a third-party app and has nothing to do with DJI or their fly app.
2020-9-25
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-25 12:56

I managed to download rainbow app and red waypoint both are beta version while submitted for litchi beta version to test as well. So while waiting for litchi beta version to be sent to me, I'll try the two app that I've mention and see how it works..
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-25 12:56

Now I had rainbow app installed thats compatible with MM.. When I launch the app and connect with my aircraft, it prohibited me from flying stating a warning that require IMU calibration but it doesn't have the calibration button for me to do the calibration. I have no idea whether it calibrate automatically or should I perform IMU calibration with DJI Fly before launching the app?
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 11:29
Now I had rainbow app installed thats compatible with MM.. When I launch the app and connect with my aircraft, it prohibited me from flying stating a warning that require IMU calibration but it doesn't have the calibration button for me to do the calibration. I have no idea whether it calibrate automatically or should I perform IMU calibration with DJI Fly before launching the app?

Perform all and any calibrations through the DJI app - then fly the drone using the third party app but I suggest doing so in a wide, open area away from any people etc and be particularly vigilant when using it in case anything goes wrong.
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:17
Perform all and any calibrations through the DJI app - then fly the drone using the third party app but I suggest doing so in a wide, open area away from any people etc and be particularly vigilant when using it in case anything goes wrong.

Your advice and encouragement has brought me into the state of mixed feeling.. Anxiety, excited, anxious and a little bit of fear or losing control of my aircraft ends up losing the craft.. Lol
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:21
Your advice and encouragement has brought me into the state of mixed feeling.. Anxiety, excited, anxious and a little bit of fear or losing control of my aircraft ends up losing the craft.. Lol

Welcome to the world of flying drones lol - thats how I feel before taking off every time. Never crashed in over 1,000 flights, 13million feet flown with 12 DJI drones over more than 4 years but I know it may happen any time. The key is to build up your confidence, take small steps, take your time and be as prepared as possible. With practice your anxiety will turn more and more into excitement but there is always that risk the more you push it.  
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:30
Welcome to the world of flying drones lol - thats how I feel before taking off every time. Never crashed in over 1,000 flights, 13million feet flown with 12 DJI drones over more than 4 years but I know it may happen any time. The key is to build up your confidence, take small steps, take your time and be as prepared as possible. With practice your anxiety will turn more and more into excitement but there is always that risk the more you push it.

14 million feet above the ground? That's insane but I believe the view were rewarding..
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:36
14 million feet above the ground? That's insane but I believe the view were rewarding..

Hahahaha - 13 million feet flown in straight lines mate - I haven't flown to the moon
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:30

Do you know whats the maximum load weight that MM to lift?
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:38
Hahahaha - 13 million feet flown in straight lines mate - I haven't flown to the moon

Hahahah.. Straight line huh? I don't even dare to reach 50M above..
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:39
Do you know whats the maximum load weight that MM to lift?

No idea but these are camera drones not designed for carrying anything other than the camera thats already on it.
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:40
Hahahah.. Straight line huh? I don't even dare to reach 50M above..

I fly up to 120m AGL which is the legal limit here.
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:41
No idea but these are camera drones not designed for carrying anything other than the camera thats already on it.

I see.. Okay.. I have pathfinder before having a DJI.. Its a hexaquater that has 6 rotors and I think one of the speed controller transistor is fried up and I couldn't find the spare to replace it so it has been in hibernation mode for years now.. Lol
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:45
I see.. Okay.. I have pathfinder before having a DJI.. Its a hexaquater that has 6 rotors and I think one of the speed controller transistor is fried up and I couldn't find the spare to replace it so it has been in hibernation mode for years now.. Lol

Shame - you should try and find a spare motor and fix it up. The Mavic Mini is a totally different drone.
2020-9-26
Use props
Superfly-
lvl.2
Malaysia

A J Posted at 9-26 12:47
Shame - you should try and find a spare motor and fix it up. The Mavic Mini is a totally different drone.

Yeah.. MM is totally different.. I don't even dare to go s mode.. It makes my andreline pumping too much into my veins.. Hahaha
2020-9-26
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superfly- Posted at 9-26 12:51
Yeah.. MM is totally different.. I don't even dare to go s mode.. It makes my andreline pumping too much into my veins.. Hahaha

2020-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules