Drone stutter or pause while turning
1150 16 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 236440 ft
United States

so this just started like a month ago.. when doing any kind of turn/spin.. the drone just stops for a 1/2 second and then moves again..
so not sure if its the drone.. or the controller ?

anyone see this before..  in trying to search this issue I just keep getting posts about gimble speed and video studder..

my whole mavic stutters.. live and in the video.. and this is the same high speed memory card I always us.. since I hear
thats issue with video stutter..

here is a quick sample I did this AM

2020-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I can't help with your issue but those clouds look amazing
2020-9-24
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Suren Posted at 9-24 10:23
I can't help with your issue but those clouds look amazing

thats the only reason I was up and it reminding me that I had that issue.. ha ha
2020-9-24
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-24 10:37
thats the only reason I was up and it reminding me that I had that issue.. ha ha

Very cool video mate anyways.
2020-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Not sure in answer to your question but wow - what stunning footage!
2020-9-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Which flavour of Mavic are you using?  It looks like a pause in the recording rather than the drone or gimbal hesitating. I've had the Mavic Pro Platinum and now the M2Zoom  and Mavic Mini, but none of them have, to my recollection, exhibited this behaviour.
2020-9-24
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-24 14:09
Which flavour of Mavic are you using?  It looks like a pause in the recording rather than the drone or gimbal hesitating. I've had the Mavic Pro Platinum and now the M2Zoom  and Mavic Mini, but none of them have, to my recollection, exhibited this behaviour.

its orig Mavic pro... its not the video.. if you watch you can see the image still moving when it pauses..I'll take it up tomorrow and actually watch the drone.. but in other footage I have from a lake run you can see the mist coming up still and it sits there for a second and then spins again.. so I'm 99% sure its the drone pausing not the video..
2020-9-24
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-24 15:37
its orig Mavic pro... its not the video.. if you watch you can see the image still moving when it pauses..I'll take it up tomorrow and actually watch the drone.. but in other footage I have from a lake run you can see the mist coming up still and it sits there for a second and then spins again.. so I'm 99% sure its the drone pausing not the video..

check this one.. when it pauses.. you can still see the waves on the lake going.. 15 seconds in
2020-9-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-24 15:37

No possibility of local signal interference between the drone and the RC?  Other than that I can't think of anything other than mechanical fault that might be the cause of the problem, sorry.
2020-9-24
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

Blériot53 Posted at 9-24 15:52
No possibility of local signal interference between the drone and the RC?  Other than that I can't think of anything other than mechanical fault that might be the cause of the problem, sorry.

I dont think so.. I have flown it over my house and spun it 100 times.. and on that lake in wisconsin.. there was nothing for 1/2 mile.. could be aliens following me.. ha ha.. I just wonder if its the controller or the drone... guess I could send it in for service for giggles.. wonder what they would do with it..
2020-9-24
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-24 15:55
I dont think so.. I have flown it over my house and spun it 100 times.. and on that lake in wisconsin.. there was nothing for 1/2 mile.. could be aliens following me.. ha ha.. I just wonder if its the controller or the drone... guess I could send it in for service for giggles.. wonder what they would do with it..

Rather than have to send it back to DJI, which could be a lengthy and inconclusive process, are there no local wizards who do repairs? (There are a couple here in the UK).  Posting your flight logs for the offending flights on here might prompt one or two of the community to analyse the data and possibly indicate what the problem might be. There are several people on this forum who are knowledgeable enough to do that (I'm not one of them, though)  Good luck with achieving a satisfactory outcome.
2020-9-24
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-24 15:43
check this one.. when it pauses.. you can still see the waves on the lake going.. 15 seconds in
Mavic pan pause example 2

That looks like the camera auto adjusting the exposure to me. Lock the exposure bracketing if using auto or switch to manual camera settings
2020-9-25
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

A J Posted at 9-25 00:00
That looks like the camera auto adjusting the exposure to me. Lock the exposure bracketing if using auto or switch to manual camera settings

even if it is adjusting the exposure it should not stop the drone movement. I just tried to get video of it spinning physically.. but of course it now doesnt do it.. ughhhh..
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-25 04:49
even if it is adjusting the exposure it should not stop the drone movement. I just tried to get video of it spinning physically.. but of course it now doesnt do it.. ughhhh..

Always the way.
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
Kevin_kss
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 07:23
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Pro using the DJI Assistant 2 to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

so I downloaded v1.2.5 and plugged in my drone and powered it up.. and nothing. Doesnt seem to see it as a device.. dont hear that new plugin noise from windows either.. tried two different cables also..

am I missing something.. or there another way to do this ?
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Kevin_kss Posted at 9-25 07:55
so I downloaded v1.2.5 and plugged in my drone and powered it up.. and nothing. Doesnt seem to see it as a device.. dont hear that new plugin noise from windows either.. tried two different cables also..

am I missing something.. or there another way to do this ?

Thank you for the additional information. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different data cable to check if the connectivity issue is due to the cable. Please keep is posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules