REALLY BAD AUDIO
1176 10 2020-9-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

I have a OSMO ACTION/audio adapter and i was very excited with the purchase but after using for the first time this is the VERY BAD RESULT on a 300€ action cam.

Even my GoPro 3 Black work mutch better with the same mic, so its not a MIC problem.

i regreat i didnt come to his forum before wasting my money.

on 2020 a action camera audio is WORST then a  GoPro from 2012

i am going to wait for the solution, otherwise its time for the a REAL REVIEW of this Osmo Action on my channel, i dont undestand why no one talked about this MAJOR issue.

ALSO i cannot use Voice Commands from inside my helmet with the external mic, is so stupid that a great feature especilly for us motovlogers doesnt work.

i should have stayed away from DJI, i used to have a Osmo Pocket and i HATED all the problems it had.
2020-9-24
Use props
peiter
Second Officer
Denmark

maybe move the mic a bit further away from your mouth ?
2020-9-24
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

hi,

thx for the suggestion but i tryed it also, same result.

the video is a compilation of several tries and as you can listen the result is the same bad sound
2020-9-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the microphone you are using please? Kindly please try a different recommended microphone to isolate the issue. For reference these are the recommended external microphone for the DJI Osmo Action: Rode VedioMicro, Rode Wireless Go, Audio-Technica ATR6550, AZDEN SGM-990 and other mainstream 3.5mm microphone brands. Thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-25 08:36
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know the model of the microphone you are using please? Kindly please try a different recommended microphone to isolate the issue. For reference these are the recommended external microphone for the DJI Osmo Action: Rode VedioMicro, Rode Wireless Go, Audio-Technica ATR6550, AZDEN SGM-990 and other mainstream 3.5mm microphone brands. Thank you.

hi, im sure you must be joking with this answer. i use a SONY ECM-CS3 Electret Condenser Stereo Microphone, simply the best mic for motovlog that WORK perfecty well with GoPro3+ black and my SJCAM. dont tell me its a mic problem since i have been using this model for more them 3 years.

2020 action cam that sucks at audio its unacceptable, shame i didnt come to this forum to read about this problem before buying, for sure i would no be talking with you by now.

at this moment i complety regreat returning to DJI products. should have learn my lesson from the osmo pocket.

i have been reeding the other replys regarding the same issue and its DJI simply blamming other for the Shi... problem.

maybe its time for a real review on youtube about this product.
2020-9-25
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

Please check out this demo video I made... hopefully DJI will take this seriously if they realize how bad the issue really is

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225521
2020-9-27
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

Schmoof Posted at 9-27 18:35
Please check out this demo video I made... hopefully DJI will take this seriously if they realize how bad the issue really is

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=225521

hi, thx for your reply and your FIX.

BUT i am not going to BUY extra stuff to be able to use a MIC on the osmo action.

its simples, osmo action + adapter + mic SHOULD WORK out fo the box.

300€ or more for a "top of line" action cam should NOT have this BIG ISSUE.

after looking arond this forum i found a lot of people with the same problem, DJI should fix this ASAP.

glad i still have my old GP3 to keep my work.
2020-9-28
Use props
Schmoof
lvl.2
United States

I agree it should work but to play devils advocate the Hero 8 requires the $50 adapter or $80 Media Mod to achieve the same thing.

I feel the audio quality of the OA specifically for Motovlogging to be superior as well... now that I have this attenuator my audio is coming through just fine.  I’ll be posting a follow up to demonstrate this in detail soon.

The attenuator device I bought plus the extra 3.5mm cable cost me $26... that plus the Cynova adapter at $25 and I’ve still spent less than a GoPro 8/9 setup...

I feel 100% that this should be resolved by DJI with a simple software update... but until we get their attention I’m just trying to make this work as I greatly prefer using the OA over the GoPro.
2020-9-28
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

Schmoof Posted at 9-28 07:40
I agree it should work but to play devils advocate the Hero 8 requires the $50 adapter or $80 Media Mod to achieve the same thing.

I feel the audio quality of the OA specifically for Motovlogging to be superior as well... now that I have this attenuator my audio is coming through just fine.  I’ll be posting a follow up to demonstrate this in detail soon.

hi, but if i had gone for the GP 8 or 9 i already know  i need a adapter and the Media Mod that would not be surprise.

that was exaclty why i went OA, just had to buy the adapter and WAS SUPPOSED to be ready to go.

there solutions is buy one of the expensive mic round (200€) to solve your problem.

if i dont get a solution i am selling this piece of crap.  after sales support on DJI is not the best, had same bad service when i had the osmo pocket.

THEY DONT LEARN AND DONT EVEN CARE
2020-9-29
Use props
spitfirePT
lvl.2

Portugal

Arpettaz Posted at 10-9 13:09
I’ve had the Osmo Action since launch. The audio is very poor. Fortunately I never use the audio I capture on my action cameras

Wish i knew this problem before i buy it. How can a 2020 action cam be worst then a 2012. At least my GP3 works. Glad i didn't sold it before buying this osmo action. And support from dji sucks, really bad or none.
2020-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules