Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Mini 2
6543 39 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Link

If this is true then I guess we shouldn't expect any major new functionality updates for the current mini
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there itchyeyeballs. Thank you for reaching out and these information and link with us. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future products and future drones. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you for your support and please stay safe always.
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting article but not holding my breath
2020-9-25
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have my doubts
2020-9-25
Use props
ABeardedItalian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

I doubt it only after a year, looking at DJI's release history the Original Mavic came out in 2016 and Mavic 2 in 2018, the spark was out for 2 years before we got the mavic mini. I would expect some kind of FW update before Christmas that has some new quick shots or something that will increase sales for the holiday season but this is pretty much the end for the MM.

I see a Cinawhoop or the Tello 2 coming before a MM2.
2020-9-25
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. I will believe it when I see it.
2020-9-25
Use props
ESchimidt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 310879 ft
Brazil

Where there's smoke there's fire ..
(Brazilian expression, I don't know if it's the same there ...)
2020-9-25
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

ESchimidt Posted at 9-25 12:35
Where there's smoke there's fire ..
(Brazilian expression, I don't know if it's the same there ...)

Yes it is lol
2020-9-25
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
Flight distance : 372992 ft
United States

Hmmm.........
2020-9-25
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ABeardedItalian Posted at 9-25 05:24
I doubt it only after a year, looking at DJI's release history the Original Mavic came out in 2016 and Mavic 2 in 2018, the spark was out for 2 years before we got the mavic mini. I would expect some kind of FW update before Christmas that has some new quick shots or something that will increase sales for the holiday season but this is pretty much the end for the MM.

I see a Cinawhoop or the Tello 2 coming before a MM2.

more speculation here https://dronexl.co/2020/09/23/dji-rumors-ronin-rs2-mavic-3-mavic-mini-2-dji-fpv-oa2-op2/
2020-9-25
Use props
Alevpi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 43560 ft
Russia

MM does not shoot in 4K, and the fact that it has a very bad GPS receiver does not bother anyone, which is disgusting communication quality, too...
Selfie drone to take photos of yourself in the desert where there is not a single WI-FI signal...
Why do you need another Zaporozhets, with beautiful headlights!
2020-9-25
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151122 ft
United States

Meh.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mavic Mini and from a software perspective, DJI have done a reasonably good job (I still want my flight-path plotting and ADS-B support!)... But I don't think I'll buy another DJI product drone next time, and especially not a "Mavic Mini" series drone (it's too sensitive to the wind).

Since I bought my drone, I've discovered that when it comes to cost versus features (across the entire DJI line, not just the Mavic Mini series), there are decent alternatives out there if you look hard enough... And some of those alternatives don't implement restrictions on their drones (range, height, etc...), as DJI currently does... Then there's the "China" thing - DJI tracks pretty much everything one's drone does and given China's notorious reputation of anti-privacy (among other things...), well alternatives look awfully tempting.

My next drone was going to be a "Mavic Pro" series drone and as I said, DJI is not entirely out-of-the-question... But unless they come up with something especially impressive, I'll be looking elsewhere for my next drone.
2020-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 9-26 14:35
Meh.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Mavic Mini and from a software perspective, DJI have done a reasonably good job (I still want my flight-path plotting and ADS-B support!)... But I don't think I'll buy another DJI product drone next time, and especially not a "Mavic Mini" series drone (it's too sensitive to the wind).

Then there's the "China" thing - DJI tracks pretty much everything one's drone does and given China's notorious reputation of anti-privacy (among other things...), well alternatives look awfully tempting.
But here in the real world, DJI has no idea that you are flying, or where you flew.
How could they?
Your drone only transmits over a very limited range and DJI don't have a receiving station within a mile or two of where you are flying.
Your phone or tablet records your flight data which is very helpful to analyse any flight incidents, but DJI don't get to see any of it unless you choose to share it with them and upload to their servers.

So yeah .. DJI tracks pretty much everything one's drone does ... in the fantasy world you live in.
2020-9-26
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

itchyeyeballs Posted at 9-25 15:30
more speculation here https://dronexl.co/2020/09/23/dji-rumors-ronin-rs2-mavic-3-mavic-mini-2-dji-fpv-oa2-op2/

Mehhhh, anyone could write that, wouldnt hold my breath, sorry
2020-9-26
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-26 16:39
Then there's the "China" thing - DJI tracks pretty much everything one's drone does and given China's notorious reputation of anti-privacy (among other things...), well alternatives look awfully tempting.
But here in the real world, DJI has no idea that you are flying, or where you flew.
How could they?

You say that, but my DJI account knows exactly how far I've flown and there are many, many posts here where people have contacted DJI for one reason or another, and DJI has shown that they know the intimate details of their flights (GPS points, altitude, bearing, etc)... As for the "how", well DJI's products must an application that enforces the use of a mandatory online account (not too sure why I need to point this one out!).

Unless half of this forum is lying and I'm logging-in to some sort of unique DJI account, you're the one living in a fantasy land, sport.
2020-9-26
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 9-26 22:39
You say that, but my DJI account knows exactly how far I've flown and there are many, many posts here where people have contacted DJI for one reason or another, and DJI has shown that they know the intimate details of their flights (GPS points, altitude, bearing, etc)... As for the "how", well DJI's products must an application that enforces the use of a mandatory online account (not too sure why I need to point this one out!).

Unless half of this forum is lying and I'm logging-in to some sort of unique DJI account, you're the one living in a fantasy land, sport.

"many, many posts here where people have contacted DJI for one reason or another, and DJI has shown that they know the intimate details of their flights (GPS points, altitude, bearing, etc)"

Yeah. You are the one in cloud-cuckoo land. I have been on this forum for many years now, and I have never seen any evidence that DJI knows all the 'intimate' details. You are ascribing 'magic' status to them without any evidence to support it. Unless you choose to pass on information to DJI, they know absolutely bugger all about you and where you have been flying. When you are out there flying, out of cell phone range, there is technically no way they can see where you are flying. And most people fly with their devices in airplane mode to avoid interference and increase range. How about you post a link to one of those 'many, many' incidents?
2020-9-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Gregory.Opera Posted at 9-26 22:39

Hey genius .. you've obviously got a whole world of experience flying DJI craft and know them inside out.
Just joking.
When you know nothing, why is it that you think everyone else knows less than you do?
Perhaps that one's too hard for you.

but my DJI account knows exactly how far I've flown and there are many, many posts here where people have contacted DJI for one reason or another, and DJI has shown that they know the intimate details of their flights (GPS points, altitude, bearing, etc)... As for the "how"
That's all because you've uploaded (synched) your flight data to DJI (probably didn't even know it).

There things in the drone world that you don't understand (lots of them).
But there are people that know more about the topic than you do.
It would be a good idea to learn from them.
But I guess that's not going to happen is it?
Because, to paraphrase one of your recent posts ...

Ignorants gonna be ignorant.

2020-9-27
Use props
Gregory.Opera
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 9-27 04:13
Hey genius .. you've obviously got a whole world of experience flying DJI craft and know them inside out.
Just joking.
When you know nothing, why is it that you think everyone else knows less than you do?

o__
__/

Oh wise and powerful @Labroides, please forgive the ignorance of this poor, uneducated UAV operator?

I ask that you please post the instructions to disable telemetry, so that my flight data is not synchronized to DJI's servers? Alternatively, I ask that you please post the instructions to use my DJI drone without an account linked to DJI's servers?

How could I be so foolish to not realize that once could simply disable the synchronization of flight telemetry and / or use my DJI without an account linked to DJI's servers... Boy, don't I feel like the fool now.

I can only hope that someday, I too will be as magnificent and wise as you are...

2020-9-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Normally you have to click the cloud icon on your flight data page to upload your data.
But I think folks that use Airdata have it autosynch the data.
If that's what you've done, look through your Airdata settings.

2020-9-27
Use props
mark117h
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241306 ft
United Kingdom

Concerning the OP, i would say that we are not going to be seeing a Mavic Mini 2 yet 'if ever, i also got an alert about the apparent rumor from "dronedj", went and read it and how some twitter account had got lucky predicting various other DJI Drones, i pretty much thought right there and then that this must be some Click Bait for the Dronedj website for whatever reasoning behind it lol.
In a nutshell, i don't think it will be happening.

@Gregory.Opera
Quote:
Then there's the "China" thing - DJI tracks pretty much everything one's drone does and given China's notorious reputation of anti-privacy (among other things...).

You do realise that you have also many other products in your house probably that have got Chinese chips in them, so to be fair to DJI what you are saying is really a mute point, you choose to opt into syncing your data for the exact reasons as others have said above, i am still new to DJI Drones in general, however i have been flying and learning for the past few years with various different i must admit cheap quadcopters, or self built, i have never thought though, wow, this is a chip made in china best be careful, because then in that case if i was a paranoid android it would mean i would have to get rid of about 98% of the tech i own or use lol, including my kettle.
2020-9-27
Use props
Occams Razor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

The majority of experienced users did not expected major functionality to be added even prior to any rumors.  The rumor itself lacks any specifics and is mostly speculation so like most rumors, it’s people guessing at information to draw traffic.  With that being said, with the apparent huge success of the Mini, I wouldn’t be surprised if DJI accelerated their product life cycle for this model.
2020-9-27
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

Occams Razor Posted at 9-27 06:12
The majority of experienced users did not expected major functionality to be added even prior to any rumors.  The rumor itself lacks any specifics and is mostly speculation so like most rumors, it’s people guessing at information to draw traffic.  With that being said, with the apparent huge success of the Mini, I wouldn’t be surprised if DJI accelerated their product life cycle for this model.

Well said
2020-9-27
Use props
djiuser_3oWx8zZlcfFj
New
United States

Getting a “firmware needs to be updated” error in DJI Fly, but when I open the firmware update in the very same app, it states my firmware is up to date. Just purchased this paperweight and spent last 2 hours going over their startup material, only to get repeatedly stumped. DJI is obviously no Apple, but I’d still like to give this drone a go before I return it and find another manufacturer that makes products that actually work.
2020-9-27
Use props
amir_KING
Second Officer
United States

djiuser_3oWx8zZlcfFj Posted at 9-27 13:42
Getting a “firmware needs to be updated” error in DJI Fly, but when I open the firmware update in the very same app, it states my firmware is up to date. Just purchased this paperweight and spent last 2 hours going over their startup material, only to get repeatedly stumped. DJI is obviously no Apple, but I’d still like to give this drone a go before I return it and find another manufacturer that makes products that actually work.

Try refreshing the firmware in Assistant 2
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_D0sgAm6xL5jn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 379639 ft
United States

Pretty interesting article
2020-10-2
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'm claiming the prize for the first thread on the MM2 on this forum
2020-10-7
Use props
djiuser_5nZgBgAdqhuB
lvl.1

Sri Lanka

Need collision sensors for mavic mini. So obviously we need upgraded mavic mini 2
2020-10-11
Use props
fans1b8f0947
New
United States

I currently own a Dji Mavic Pro (old and discontinued) - looking to upgrade to a smaller and newer model.  I am not a pro drone flyer, like I use it once per month, take photos here and there, I do like flying it far though and I already know how to manage myself with just the map.  Would the mavic mini 2 be a good option?  I saw the Air 2 and the newest mavic pro but I didn’t wanted to spend $1,000 unless the mavic mini 2 (after having the old mavic pro) would let me down or something like that....

Let me know your thoughts!
2020-11-8
Use props
SvdBerg63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1807169 ft
United States

how stitch pano photos
2020-11-24
Use props
djiuser_L7BX6DqzPnSC
lvl.1
United States

Am facing this Problem in my Mini 2. Firmware is update. Tried clearing cache and it also didn't work out. Connected with another android phone and ipad. Still problem persists. Any suggestion / solution?
Screenshot_20201205-130447.jpg
Screenshot_20201205-130519.jpg
2020-12-12
Use props
Jerry Stewart
New

United States

My mini two orientation does not show on app screen after last firmware update. Any suggestions how to get the orientation back on the screen
2021-1-3
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

Jerry Stewart Posted at 1-3 12:17
My mini two orientation does not show on app screen after last firmware update. Any suggestions how to get the orientation back on the screen

It’s there. Map  bottom left then arrow bottom right on map.
It’s better than ever.
2021-1-4
Use props
fanse350e8b8
New
United States

Do firmware updates need to be downloaded before you can set the safety settings? I’ve set them and they seem to go to a default mode.
2021-1-5
Use props
Donut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42415 ft
United States

fanse350e8b8 Posted at 1-5 13:10
Do firmware updates need to be downloaded before you can set the safety settings? I’ve set them and they seem to go to a default mode.

If your not connected to the drone or the you are not connected to controls or your controller isn’t powered up. In those conditions I have noticed that they will default.
I noticed that happened to me last time I flew, my usb mini was not connected to my controller.
2021-1-5
Use props
djiuser_dEYcOeGS8Mzr
New

United States

Unable to pair the dji fly app to my phone.  I know that there are other people who are having this type of issue.  I am hoping that dji is working toward a solution that allows the app to be compatible with all phones that are 6.0 or better.  Not happy that I have a brand new mini 2 that is virtually worthless at this point.  Do the programming and let's get in the air!
2021-3-9
Use props
K6CCC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

When you said that you are unable to pair the dji fly app to your phone, do you really mean that you can not download the dji fly app from the Play Store, or do you mean something else?  Is your phone on the compatibility list?  If your phone is 64 bit, the you should be able to download the app from the DJI site and install it.  That gets it installed for a lot of phones - my tablet is that way.  If your phone is 32 bit, it will never work and there is zero motivation for DJI to fix that.  That would sort of be like someone expecting developers to make sure PC programs all work with Windows XP.
2021-3-9
Use props
djiuser_0iaggVY01Ezd
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9835407 ft
  • >>>
United States

In info on the update so we can use the mini 2 with litchi app
2021-3-17
Use props
djiuser_YpgM0YtsqbKk
New

India

Can DJI mini 2 record audio
2021-4-19
Use props
djiuser_YpgM0YtsqbKk
New

India

Can DJI mini 2 record audio
2021-4-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

No... drones usually never record audio. It'd mostly be propeller noise. You can however record audio with your device at your piloting point, which makes far more sense.
2021-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules