DJI avoiding a warranty repair.
1309 10 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GL9ancJoN1lR
lvl.1

Spain

I recently sent an Air Unit back to DJI for repair, and this morning received a response acknowledging the fault, but totally absolving themselves of any responsibility to repair it under warranty. This unit is around 10 months old.
Remark: No warranty, self-service. The anti-dismantling glue is missing. The customer performed self-service on the unit, voiding any kind of warranty claims. -The air unit won't connect to the goggles every time, several restarts are needed before it can connect.. -The OSD is not shown.

I have no idea what glue they are refering to (the picture they sent me has a photograph of a screw), but I have absolutely no reason to attempt to self repair this unit as I have a warranty!!

This is my first experience with DJI and I am extremely dissapointed that the company line so far seems to be to avoid a valid repair under warranty.

The worst part is that they have quoted me far more than the cost for a brand new air unit to repair the faulty one.

What recourse do I have?

2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to read your experience with our repair center, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the damage assessment team, the anti-dismantling glue is missing, which indicates the device was self-disassembled. The picture can be checked by inputting the case number in this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... =brandsite&from=nav
In this situation, the warranty service is unable to be provided based on DJI after-sales policy. The service fee is required for non-warranty case. Thanks for your understanding. Please keep us updated if your have other concerns.
2020-9-25
Use props
djiuser_GL9ancJoN1lR
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-25 03:59
Hi there, sorry to read your experience with our repair center, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the damage assessment team, the anti-dismantling glue is missing, which indicates the device was self-disassembled. The picture can be checked by inputting the case number in this link: https://repair.dji.com/en/suppor ... =brandsite&from=nav
In this situation, the warranty service is unable to be provided based on DJI after-sales policy. The service fee is required for non-warranty case. Thanks for your understanding. Please keep us updated if your have other concerns.

Then either this glue was never on this unit, has come off in shipping or was removed while inspecting by your repair centre ? I obviously do not want to pay more than it costs for a new unit to get this one repaired.
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_GL9ancJoN1lR Posted at 9-25 04:05
Then either this glue was never on this unit, has come off in shipping or was removed while inspecting by your repair centre ? I obviously do not want to pay more than it costs for a new unit to get this one repaired.

Your complaint has been received and we've forwarded to the local repair center to double-evaluate. We will have someone to contact you after further diagnosing, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-9-25
Use props
djiuser_GL9ancJoN1lR
lvl.1

Spain

Still patiently waiting, but I've not heard anything back
2020-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_GL9ancJoN1lR Posted at 9-28 14:21
Still patiently waiting, but I've not heard anything back

Sorry to keep you waiting, the communication was delayed because of the weekend, I will inform our supervisor to contact you as soon as possible, please keep an eye on your email as well.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_SOPgfBzMDauk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2186427 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem I was flying my mavic 2 zoom when all of a sudden this happened on my screen and it dropped out of the sky. And they are trying to say it wasn't there fault. Here's a pic that they even sent to from drone analysis and I do see how it is my fault and not the drones.and I don't know where I stand cause the drone is not even 5 months old and after a fall at 300+ ft it's not a cheap fix for me now it I would have flew it into something ok but I had not control over it and never had any warnings before . And they want me to pay total repair cost for whole thing.
Screenshot_20200929-180809.png
Screenshot_20200929-180844.png
Screenshot_20200929-180844.png
Screenshot_20200929-183351.png
2020-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_SOPgfBzMDauk Posted at 9-29 17:21
I'm having the same problem I was flying my mavic 2 zoom when all of a sudden this happened on my screen and it dropped out of the sky. And they are trying to say it wasn't there fault. Here's a pic that they even sent to from drone analysis and I do see how it is my fault and not the drones.and I don't know where I stand cause the drone is not even 5 months old and after a fall at 300+ ft it's not a cheap fix for me now it I would have flew it into something ok but I had not control over it and never had any warnings before . And they want me to pay total repair cost for whole thing.

Dear customer, we sincerely apologize for the confusion of the data analysis result, your case has been escalated the related team to double-check, we will keep you updated as soon as possible.
2020-9-29
Use props
djiuser_SOPgfBzMDauk
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-29 19:47
Dear customer, we sincerely apologize for the confusion of the data analysis result, your case has been escalated the related team to double-check, we will keep you updated as soon as possible.

Thank you very much I await to hear back
2020-9-30
Use props
djiuser_SOPgfBzMDauk
lvl.2
United States

I just heard from dji personal over the phone and they said they reviewed my case and found I was not at fault and they are going to warranty the repairs on the drone and fix it and it won't cost me. And they will ship it as soon as possible back to me. I really appreciate that they made a call to me personally to inform me on my case. And I am really satisfied with how they handled I'm just glad they listened to what I had to say and took another look at my case. At first I wasn't to sure on their customer service, but I can say I am very happy with the outcome.
2020-10-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_SOPgfBzMDauk Posted at 10-1 07:40
I just heard from dji personal over the phone and they said they reviewed my case and found I was not at fault and they are going to warranty the repairs on the drone and fix it and it won't cost me. And they will ship it as soon as possible back to me. I really appreciate that they made a call to me personally to inform me on my case. And I am really satisfied with how they handled I'm just glad they listened to what I had to say and took another look at my case. At first I wasn't to sure on their customer service, but I can say I am very happy with the outcome.

Thank you for your update. I am glad to hear the case is solved. Hope you'll receive the drone back soon.
2020-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules