Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying sideways is not possible - Now it is ok!!
11009 12 2020-9-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Udo13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 257188 ft
Germany

Flying sideways no longer works!

Suddenly I was no longer able to fly sideways, although nothing I had changed in the Fly app or on the controller.
Controller Mode was Normal.

The colleague in the DJI chat then said I should calibrate the controls again. I did that, everything was done right (green) with 100%
Flown after flight - negative - sideways flying not possible.
Then I have to run the FW with DJI assistant -  negative - sideways flying not possible.

Then I switched from tripod to normal. And I was able to fly sideways again. It worked even after switching to normal or sport.

Does anyone have any idea where the problem is?

OK, you just have to know, if you can't fly sideways, then switch to another mode. And everything works again.

2020-9-25
Use props
alex_alb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260735 ft
Portugal

Won't you have the option chosen in the app? It is just below the diversion of obstacles.
2020-9-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ensure you have flight assistance disabled in the app
2020-9-25
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

I was not yet aware of the function at all.  I guess I accidentally pressed the hexagon.  it seems to have been deactivated again when I switched the mode from tripod to normal.
2020-9-25
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

But it is a shame that the colleagues from DJI Support Chat do not know this function.  

1. Calibrate remote control,
2. update FW.  
If that doesn't work, the Mavic Air must be sent to DJI.

???
2020-9-25
Use props
kiminx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

thx for the info
2020-9-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Udo13. Thank you for reaching out and for these information and your experience you have shared with us with regards to this matter. have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-9-27
Use props
Alberto V.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 137116 ft
  • >>>
Italy

I have noticed the same issue yesterday! I was flying in tripod mode and impossible fly sideways! Happy to read your solution Udo: but if you switch to normal and then return to tripod mode you can fly sideways normally or you must fly in normal mode?
Thanks
2020-9-27
Use props
Udo13
lvl.4
Germany

Alberto V. Posted at 9-27 22:28
I have noticed the same issue yesterday! I was flying in tripod mode and impossible fly sideways! Happy to read your solution Udo: but if you switch to normal and then return to tripod mode you can fly sideways normally or you must fly in normal mode?
Thanks

Yes, I noticed that too.  It's good that I know that now in case I accidentally deactivated it again.
2020-9-28
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is a new feature that was added in the latest firmware update.  You can go into the settings and turn off behavior if it is your preference.  I believe DJI added this feature to help prevent new drone fliers from flying sideways into objects due to the fact that it doesn't have side sensors.  If you are comfortable flying without this feature, you can go into the settings and change it.
2020-9-28
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Udo13 Posted at 9-25 10:25
I was not yet aware of the function at all.  I guess I accidentally pressed the hexagon.  it seems to have been deactivated again when I switched the mode from tripod to normal.

Go into the safety section of the general settings in the app and disable flight assistance or tap the hexigon. You can still use Bypass (APAS 3.0) and OA without it and roll the drone manually with the left/right stick. Enabling flight assistance is designed to prevent left/right movements of the drone. Switch it off if not required.
2020-9-28
Use props
djiuser_64NrB8glAWHy
New

United States

Had the same problem. Switched modes and back again. Works!! Thanks for the tip.
2021-10-3
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

alex_alb Posted at 2020-9-25 07:03
Won't you have the option chosen in the app? It is just below the diversion of obstacles.

Here is an image of where the "Disable Sideways Flight" option is located in the app.

2021-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules